A new Board? Any interest?

08 Jan 2013 19:59 #11 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Raees wrote: So really what you are advocating is an LJ-free board for Righties. I find it amusing you single out one poster by name, when there are others on the other side much more of a problem.

You don't like a particular poster? Put them on ignore and you won't see their posts.

No, I am not obsessed with this left-right thing that seems to falsely empower you all, but I understand the need to keep trying to have an identity via this, it is just not healthy.

I said specifically I want other points of view, I just want people that can see basic logic and that can support their points with things other than just insults. Could some of you that support LJ as a good debater please direct me to a thread where she states her points, supports them with DATA, not newsy links, is not vile, answers questions directly or more? I know the standard response is that this is not your job, but I have been looking at all her posts and I cannot find any that are well supported/civil/responsive to criticisms. So since I cannot find examples of this, I am not clear why folks keep saying she does it. If she is in fact a good debater and cites data sources, this should be evident in MOST of her posts, not even just SOME of them.

At least STDS (wow that's a funny acronym) actually went through some points in his response in stead of saying that I am looking to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I am looking to do in order to again, not have a real discussion about something.

Sorry to say it, but in the end I have already achieved my secondary goal and it will be furthered even if I don't achieve my primary one of getting goood back and forth with LJ and I have to resort to my tertiary protocol of starting another board. If you think about it, you will understand.

Thanks for Pl....ohhhh, not just yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jan 2013 20:02 #12 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Those who complain about LJ are the same posters that she refuses to be intimidated by. There Is indeed a lot of hate and anger.....insults and personal attacks posted here......and those who post them have tried almost since the beginning of this board to silence any liberal who dared to disagree with them. Spare me the "mean old LJ" lament, you reap what you sow, and there are many conservatives who have sown discord and intolerance here since day 1

08 Jan 2013 20:06 #13 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic A new Board? Any interest?

RenegadeCJ wrote: LJ has no interest in discussion. She is extremely angry, and would rather see a conservative dead than admit that their is actually a conflict of visions in this country. It is sad, and I personally have just chosen to not even read what she says. This isn't because of her side of the argument, which I acknowledge, but rather how she spews her opinions and hatred of me and other conservatives. She is the most vile person I have ever come in contact with (at least on this board, I have no idea if her personality here transfers to her personal life...maybe she is a very nice person when you meet her, but she vents her poison here to keep her personal life kinder and gentler).

I don't have any interest in banning LJ...although she has made me less of a visitor and poster in this study, because life is too short to have such hatred visit me every day. I just wish she would phrase her opinions in a well thought out and civil way (which I have seen her do on occasion) instead of how she currently posts.

Would I go to another board....not likely. I don't have a lot of time anyway, and probably would only periodically visit another board, if at all.

right on dude :yeahthat: :givemebeer:

08 Jan 2013 20:12 #14 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic A new Board? Any interest?

FredHayek wrote: You could always just ignore LJ or drop out of threads she posts in.

I don't like that option, in general in my gut and if I do that I wont notice if she become civil, because I really would like to have a civil discussion with her. I am not giving up complete hope. She represents a view of the world that I am in great need of understanding and combating via that understanding.

I may leave or just fade back to 1% of what I was on here, like so many of those contacting me outside of 285bound and in PMs are saying they have already done. You know who they are, they are on ALL sides.

to Archer, I think what those that are on the two piddly sides don't seem to be able to see is that EVERYTHING that is said about the other side is = true about them. Most of the insults that LJ posts are even more accurately applied to her. Those of you on these "sides" don't even see that you act exactly the same in general...and then LJ stands out as a vile poster on her own regardless of her view. I agree with LJs opinion about 50%, aka one half, of the time and her delivery about 10% of the time...about 40% of the time she is saying something that I agree with but I fear she is making me and other that agree look bad.

This has NOTHING to do with the content of opinions around here. This has nothing to do with the right or the left of the two dumb parties that many worship blindly, this has to do with one vile posting technique used by one person. I just don't find the Archers, and the Otiss and the Freds and the CJs and Badgers and Heisenbergs and the Raesses and the dogs or the mountain mamas of the world to be even remotely in the same club.

Again I am not sure why so many topics get brought back to this right left dichotomy. Issues are unique and weak minded people are those that must group them all together, this weakness has created these narrow parties that represent a small sliver of the political world, this weakness and lack of thought drives many of LJs arguments, which simply never seem to stand on their own, they all sit on insults.

You pretty much know if the right of the left or political parties are brought up when discussing an actually societal issue, that the person making the argument is full of it and grasping as to look for group support because they cannot support their point based on logic, reality or consequence.

Don't you see here that the theme is a screaming out for discussion because she rarely does so, but posts all the time. She reacts like she is being attacked if anyone disagrees with her, this is called crying wolf. I have a dog that does it, and when she does, I am actually embarrassed for her, it is very unbecoming.

So cool, thanks for everyone help me achieve my secondary goal, on both sides.

08 Jan 2013 20:21 #15 by Something the Dog Said

on that note wrote: The messages I have been getting for the last hour from most people group YOU, archer, Raess and couple other with her and work on convincing me you are just as vile. I just don't see it, she stands out.

Um just in case you haven't noticed, NO ONE agrees with me on just about any topic....except THIS ONE, but more people have responded to my concept than have posted on the 285bound courthouse today. Compared to the private and email discussions of this, the Courthouse today is the echo chamber.

So it would seem as though your "supporters" are wanting to eliminate the posters here who are able to strongly advocate from a liberal point of view. Well at least it would not be an echo chamber. Right.

FYI, it is extremely tacky to be promoting a competing site here poaching on the hard work and good will of ScienceChic.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

08 Jan 2013 20:24 #16 by FredHayek
Should we have three forums? One for righties to preach to their choir and vice versa for the Lefties and then the one for everyone.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Jan 2013 20:25 #17 by Pony Soldier
I quit posting here because of the vitriol on both sides. LJ is part of the problem but only part. It is not perspective that is the problem, but the attitude that anyone who disagrees with these posters fits into a box and it is quite apparent the hate they feels towards that box. I don't need hate in my life so, I left.

08 Jan 2013 20:28 #18 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Something the Dog Said wrote:

on that note wrote: The messages I have been getting for the last hour from most people group YOU, archer, Raess and couple other with her and work on convincing me you are just as vile. I just don't see it, she stands out.

Um just in case you haven't noticed, NO ONE agrees with me on just about any topic....except THIS ONE, but more people have responded to my concept than have posted on the 285bound courthouse today. Compared to the private and email discussions of this, the Courthouse today is the echo chamber.

So it would seem as though your "supporters" are wanting to eliminate the posters here who are able to strongly advocate from a liberal point of view. Well at least it would not be an echo chamber. Right.

FYI, it is extremely tacky to be promoting a competing site here poaching on the hard work and good will of ScienceChic.

Exactly.....taking advantage of your host's (hostess?) good nature and tolerance is in very bad taste.

08 Jan 2013 20:33 #19 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic A new Board? Any interest?
its about the delivery, not the message. Towermonkey is dead on. there is way to much hate here.

08 Jan 2013 20:39 #20 by Blazer Bob
From the posts here it appears that I might be the only knuckle dragging amoeba that has talked to LJ in person. In spite of her posts here she doesn't have horns. We actually have things and beliefs in common.

I do not know why she chooses to post as a psychopath but I have no problem ignoring it and keeping up with my life.

LJ, any interest in a 285 lunch. I promise to come armed and protect you.

I have also broken bread with Acher , Raees and probably others of the retarded persuasion, it is not contagious.

on that note wrote: Wow, that was a quicker reaction than I even thought. Thanks for all the PMs and the numerous emails, keep them coming, even those that disagree are welcome, though they have not responded yet (just please explain yourself when you do).

I still think this would be a great place to post alternative solutions to the problem that has been identified by many and agreed upon by many more, a solution alternative to another board, but if that is the best solution, it will come.

I still ask LJ to reconsider her style of posting (not her opinions at this point) as to keep others posting here with her, because clearly she likes being here. You are risking "here" all together with your behavior. So many people are just sick of it. This board is at risk because of you, please consider this. Please consider those that have invested so much in 285bound and respect it and the freedom they provide. Those that abuse freedom risk freedom for all and especially themselves.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds