A new Board? Any interest?

10 Jan 2013 12:18 #91 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Raees wrote:

akilina wrote: Heisenberg said it right a long time ago - a has been journalist.

By belittling other posters with your "washed up" or "has been" whatever slams, you both help set the tone for this board. Like schoolyard bullies who have the need to disparage other posters. You also claim to know businesses who have left this site, when the facts state otherwise. Most people here see right though your BS.

You don't think much of the sheriff's office, the fire department, county officials or your neighbors. I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

You REALLY can't see that posters "like" yourself do it all the time as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 12:19 #92 by Jekyll
And as far as businesses leaving? Who cares if there are? The site is booming.

10 Jan 2013 13:34 #93 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Jekyll wrote: You REALLY can't see that posters "like" yourself do it all the time as well?

I give back in kind when it's dished at me or my friends. I took an extended break from here during the holidays and the tone didn't change a bit. I got it as soon as I returned.

10 Jan 2013 13:35 #94 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Jekyll wrote: And as far as businesses leaving? Who cares if there are? The site is booming.

They aren't. That's the point. It was made up.

10 Jan 2013 13:37 #95 by Jekyll

Raees wrote:

Jekyll wrote: And as far as businesses leaving? Who cares if there are? The site is booming.

They aren't. That's the point. It was made up.

Word

10 Jan 2013 13:38 #96 by LadyJazzer

Raees wrote:

Jekyll wrote: You REALLY can't see that posters "like" yourself do it all the time as well?

I give back in kind when it's dished at me or my friends. I got it as soon as I returned.

:yeahthat:

10 Jan 2013 13:40 #97 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote:

Raees wrote:

I give back in kind when it's dished at me or my friends. I got it as soon as I returned.

:yeahthat:

THANK you.

10 Jan 2013 14:12 #98 by ScienceChic
Okay, so I'm seeing that people are still unhappy with the tone of the Courthouse, and there are non members who won't even participate on 285Bound at all because of one forum (really? please, explain to me how the other forums are going to get more active unless people start posting in them more? This can't be the Science Chic plus a few extra people site. If you want them more active then for Pete's sake, post in 'em!) lol

But I'm not seeing concrete suggestions, other than what on that note wrote. Nothing will change unless a majority of you come to an agreement on specifics. Please see my original post on pg 4? 5? Sorry, I'm on my phone at Crossroads installing a new webcam and can't easily go back and search/copy/paste. Any other suggestions welcome.

Just bitching about how it is isn't going to change anything. If you want it the same, say so. If you want it different, tell us exactly what you'd want moved. I'm not going to split out individual sentences from posts, that would be an insane amount of work and my family misses me already. It's whole posts or threads, so what criteria deems it for the Ring? If anything. Thanks.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2013 14:17 #99 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Businesses have left and others in the community will not participate. That is reality whether Raess likes it or believes it. I dont see a lot of business growth here and disagree that the forum is booming unless you call about 8 rabid people going at it day after day.jmo

10 Jan 2013 14:21 #100 by LadyJazzer
I haven't been "rabid" in days... In fact, I've been pretty tame...

But if you think I'm going to stop posting because a couple of whiners are upset that they can't compel me to respond in a way that suits them, or are upset because more than a few times I've put them in their place, made them look ridiculous, and/or responded-in-kind to their attacks, then your options are dwindling.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds