A new Board? Any interest?

10 Jan 2013 10:03 #81 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?

LadyJazzer wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: You really need to get over yourself. This is simply an internet forum with maybe a dozen to twenty posters. Why don't you just place LJ and others on ignore rather than pontificate about how great and reasonable you are and how terrible LJ is. LJ is an honest poster which is more than some of your "supporters" can claim. Put on you big boy pants and have some fun. Quit taking yourself so seriously, no one else does.

Well said.... :yeahthat:

See that's the problem. There are only a dozen to twenty posters and there would be a lot more if there was a place to have some decent discussion. LJ in her responses doesn't provide that. Put it in the ring where it belongs and then others can have a free for all there.

Enough people have replied that they don't post any more. It is a great idea to have a place where the limits are freer, that is what the ring is for. Leave the courthouse to those who would like to discuss w/o being abused. LJ is a classic abuser.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 10:07 #82 by chickaree

akilina wrote: Have you ever seen any allies of LJ give even the remotest of gentle admonishments?

The only way to deal with LJ is to go full bore right back at her.

But really her obnoxious posts should be sent immediately to the ring. She has been allowed to go unfettered adnauseum. Throw her posts in the ring and you will see a big change in the Courthouse, much more like it was supposed to be. Most respond to her negativity and if it isn't in the Courthouse it will be in the ring where it should be.

I have never seen any allies of Bearmtn admonish him/her either, yet that poster is every bit as nasty. Both sides hold fault and if we scapegoat a single person and fail to examine the mote in our own eye then the nasty atmosphere will continue.

10 Jan 2013 10:15 #83 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote:

akilina wrote: I have never seen any allies of Bearmtn admonish him/her either, yet that poster is every bit as nasty. Both sides hold fault and if we scapegoat a single person and fail to examine the mote in our own eye then the nasty atmosphere will continue.

:wave: So it is okay to be nasty to your allies?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2013 10:19 #84 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Fred you are a joke, never post sources and you are a big meany. LOL
:)

P.S. ...and you probably drink cheap domestic beer. Now there is a personal insult. :lol:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jan 2013 10:22 #85 by chickaree

FredHayek wrote:

chickaree wrote:

akilina wrote: I have never seen any allies of Bearmtn admonish him/her either, yet that poster is every bit as nasty. Both sides hold fault and if we scapegoat a single person and fail to examine the mote in our own eye then the nasty atmosphere will continue.

:wave: So it is okay to be nasty to your allies?

Of course not, silly. But you know that! tongue: Perhaps something along the lines of "I agree with your point ***, but was it necessary to call ### a dingleberry?

10 Jan 2013 10:39 #86 by FredHayek
Point taken. Police/moderate your own.

10 Jan 2013 11:44 #87 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Back on topic.

So I asked a friend to sign on to this website and post some of her viewings and wildlife pix. She had a young mountain lion show up on her doorsteps. Her comment was 'No thanks. It stinks'. Well so much for that idea.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jan 2013 11:53 - 10 Jan 2013 12:02 #88 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?

akilina wrote: Back on topic.

So I asked a friend to sign on to this website and post some of her viewings and wildlife pix. She had a young mountain lion show up on her doorsteps. Her comment was 'No thanks. It stinks'. Well so much for that idea.

I've gotten that reaction too from some friends.......they are pretty vocal about how brutal the conservatives on this site are and why would any liberal subject themselves to that kind of abuse. Can't say I disagree with their assessment.

edited to add......this isn't just a response to what alkilina posted, this is exactly the response I have gotten both from friends off line, and cyber friends on other boards. The problem here isn't LJ, the problem here is all of us. own it.

10 Jan 2013 11:58 #89 by FredHayek

LOL wrote: Fred you are a joke, never post sources and you are a big meany. LOL
:)

P.S. ...and you probably drink cheap domestic beer. Now there is a personal insult. :lol:

:faint: I demand a duel! I drink the good stuff. I only use cheap domestic beer for marinating.

I will be enjoying a nice Dunkel awaiting your response.

10 Jan 2013 11:59 #90 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Holy crap, I've read through a lot of pages. I agree with most posters that LJ should NOT be banned, just as I shouldn't for being a total ******* all the time. I love to insult, cause it makes me feel a little better before I head out the door for work. Just like people that road rage, I love to slam people to the wall on these forums, simply because I think it's silly that people can act tough on here, but not in real life, and for various other reasons. I come up with links and facts sometimes, and it gets thrown in the trash by lefties constantly, so most of the time I just "drive by" and post strictly opinion. I call out conservatives on ideas I don't agree with, and I think it throws the libs off, they can't believe it, so they ignore it and try and say it never happens. I agree with certain things libs say, but half the time it's so diluted it's really not worth talking about. There's two sides to the "sh** coin" here fer sure, but I tend to think that lefties are A LOT more vile than conservatives. They kick and scream and insult until the cows come home, then when conservatives do it, the lefties are all high and mighty with halos over their heads. WHAT-E-VER. It's loony at best, so I do my "drive by" posts and go do more constructive things with my time....like going for a walk?!?!?!
To the point, no one should be banned. Oh, and if you have to put people on ignore all the time, you prolly have the backbone of a jellyfish. !LOL!, good day.

Edit: @ archer: That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Two faced liberals. Can't stand on the fence like myself or any other (true) conservative, and ignore anything you find different from your point of view.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds