A new Board? Any interest?

10 Jan 2013 20:17 #121 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Science Chic wrote:

frogger wrote: Businesses have left and others in the community will not participate. That is reality whether Raess likes it or believes it. I dont see a lot of business growth here and disagree that the forum is booming unless you call about 8 rabid people going at it day after day.jmo

1 Business Partner declining to renew their advertising because they are a seasonal business in the last 8 months, 6 businesses added in that 8 month period, and 3 more coming on board next week. 9 other Business Partners who have been with us since I bought the site because they appreciate the service they've gotten and recognize that this is an important venue to participate in. Please, provide me evidence of "businesses leaving" and "not a lot of business growth". This site is the only one that has both chambers posting on a regular basis, and have both awarded us for our contributions to the community.

THAT is reality whether frogger likes it or believes it.

You do a great job, SC. Keep up the good work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 20:32 #122 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Raees wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

frogger wrote: Businesses have left and others in the community will not participate. That is reality whether Raess likes it or believes it. I dont see a lot of business growth here and disagree that the forum is booming unless you call about 8 rabid people going at it day after day.jmo

1 Business Partner declining to renew their advertising because they are a seasonal business in the last 8 months, 6 businesses added in that 8 month period, and 3 more coming on board next week. 9 other Business Partners who have been with us since I bought the site because they appreciate the service they've gotten and recognize that this is an important venue to participate in. Please, provide me evidence of "businesses leaving" and "not a lot of business growth". This site is the only one that has both chambers posting on a regular basis, and have both awarded us for our contributions to the community.

THAT is reality whether frogger likes it or believes it.

You do a great job, SC. Keep up the good work!

That is the reality for SC. Others don't see that, just the bickering by the most active forum on the website. That is the reality.

It's a business. Look at the big picture. Does the bickering bring more persons to the site to view the businesses? Based on the number who look at the business, not really.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jan 2013 20:54 #123 by Blazer Bob
FWIW I was told by a 285b founder that really good food fights attracted traffic and views. Now he could have been pulling my leg or could have been wrong or that equation could have changed since the early days.

10 Jan 2013 21:13 #124 by akilina
Yea and that is why s***shiner does it. And I didn't say sh*tshiner. I just don't see the soul so as a courtesy he is s***shiner. Sorry you don't see it that way.

But the real question is for the business does it draw individuals to the site to stay or just to watch the fight and then turn off others. Isn't that what the ring is for?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jan 2013 09:02 #125 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Shoeshiner?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Jan 2013 09:40 #126 by homeagain

BadgerKustoms wrote:

Mtn Gramma wrote: Where do those of you that have difficulty being civil adults plan to hang out and play if SC pulls the plug on this site?

That's a great question. :thumbsup:

Personally, I'm more 'social' online to most extents, than I am in the real world so without this place there would be nothing on a local level. If I make too many valid points in that 'other' place I get threatened with banning even if I don't break ANY of their precious ToS. (By and large because they can't understand there are more than 2 sides to each argument.)

The biker forums have some political sections and ironically the behavior there is MUCH more civil usually. But again, there is nothing on the local politics.

Badger

Badge is CORRECT, I called them on this issue and before I could make a 2nd reply (which was a request to DELETE ME FROM THEIR
MEMEBERSHIP) THEY BANNED ME......(Not that the action was NOT wanted,just that after "calling "their b.s. they picked up their
toys and went home.....na,na,na so THERE. is the phrase that comes to mind.

TRULY, SC has provided an alternative that IS comparable to Pinecam and labor intensive moderating isNOT the way to go.....send
EVERYTHING to the Ring the moment is becomes truly abusive and non-productive. It is STILL a viable discussion and you can "go at
it " to the max. (with gun control,NRA,murder of children subject matter it will get VERY HEATED VERY FAST.).....IF there had been
a "Ring" at Pinecam an ADULT/HEATED debate would still be going on....with credible links to back up claims and the liberals and the
conservatives would be BATTLING in out (pretty similar to what is happening in "real' life on the hill.)JMO

11 Jan 2013 10:16 #127 by FredHayek

Heisenberg wrote: Shoeshiner?

Goodfellas: "Get your shinebox."
I like it! :thumbsup:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jan 2013 21:23 #128 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Wow..14 pages about bad posters and my name wasn't even mentioned once? I'm pleasantly suprised. Thats very nice because I think i'm the worst offender of all. I don't even see LJ as bad- At all. And I think she's taking all this abuse because she's a woman. I don't think these right wingnuts can stand being corrected by a woman- when I on the other hand will only tolerate correction from a woman. I really think these "guys" have some mother issues. I think, and its just an opinion, that most of these Right Wingers mothers didn't much like them and they grew up to be woman haters..I've seen it all my life...Its sad because overall women are much better than men- usually smarter, and always more empathatic, considerate, thoughtful, reasonable, forgiving...Etc..Etc..Etc..All the good things. Thank goodness for SC and 285Bound......... and don't change a thing..

11 Jan 2013 21:30 - 11 Jan 2013 21:35 #129 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Um, I mentioned you, at least once.

And that last comment was slightly out of line. I think that around here if anything has shown to be the theme it is that everyone gets a voice if they want it. Commenting about how someone should not have a voice outright because they exist as them or are dumb does not seem like what people were pushing back for.

11 Jan 2013 21:35 #130 by akilina

Vice Lord wrote: Wow..14 pages about bad posters and my name wasn't even mentioned once? I'm pleasantly suprised. Thats very nice because I think i'm the worst offender of all. I don't even see LJ as bad- At all. And I think she's taking all this abuse because she's a woman. I don't think these right wingnuts can stand being corrected by a woman- when I on the other hand will only tolerate correction from a woman. I really think these "guys" have some mother issues. I think, and its just an opinion, that most of these Right Wingers mothers didn't much like them and they grew up to be woman haters..I've seen it all my life...Its sad because overall women are much better than men- usually smarter, and always more empathatic, considerate, thoughtful, reasonable, forgiving...Etc..Etc..Etc..All the good things. Thank goodness for SC and 285Bound......... and don't change a thing..

Where the hell have you been? Been waiting all this time for you to show up.

You were doing so good

Its sad because overall women are much better than men- usually smarter, and always more empathatic, considerate, thoughtful, reasonable, forgiving...Etc..Etc..Etc..All the good things.

Just change usually to always on smarter and you got it. :like:

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds