A new Board? Any interest?

12 Jan 2013 10:20 #141 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Science Chic wrote: It's right here, and I'd thank you to stop typing their name like that. If you don't like them, or their nic, just don't type it.
Everyone is on the same limits.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25414 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25414<!-- l -->

The thread says "How About This?" It doesn't say it is where to put stuff. Thanks for the clarification. Your last ones were mud.

SC while we are at it, in your post you did mention if you don't like them or their nic just don't type it but you also said it was not part of TOS. So clarify for me why we can't change the nic? Because you said so as of now? Could we please have a list of said so's that aren't part of TOS to be clear. Thanks.

Came back to add that I am not trying to be obnoxious, I am really trying to understand what is acceptable. I use that hijacker lady, not using her name or her nic, as a model since she gets to do so much.

Ok saw the other thread. Didn't know those were finalized. I thought it was still open for discussion as it was still in the thread. Sorry SC I find your stuff to be too confusing. How can anyone new coming in when they have read TOS expect that is what they are supposed to follow, but it really doesn't apply to the Courthouse does it cuz it is a free for all violating TOS.

I'm done with what I have to say.

NOW I get why others have left or won't come.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jan 2013 10:39 - 12 Apr 2018 15:35 #142 by ScienceChic
Please see what I wrote here: mymountaintown.com/forum/6-the-courthous...sion?start=30#266103

I really don't want to make this an official part of the TOS, because that's what heads us toward Pinecam-land. It's rude and disrespectful (and I've been told that "respect" is a bad word because the PC mods use it all the time, but honestly it's the best word I can think of) to change a posters nic in any way and that's when they started moderating for content and screwed themselves up. If I make this a rule, then we go down that same path. You guys say you want an open and free place to talk, but you don't want to show even a small degree of modicum and restraint and do this yourselves without it having to be a rule and someone else to clean up after you.

At this point, I'm tempted to lock the entire Courthouse. Frankly, I have graphics for new advertisers to create, a presentation to finish, and a family that is very unhappy with the amount of time that I spend on the computer instead of with them, especially on weekends and nights. If it gets to the point that my husband says we need a divorce, and he's damn close, I'm f***ing pulling the plug on this shit. There's plenty of other ways I can help the community and I can do it without having to own a community forum that I have to spend time moderating all damn day. I know you all don't care about how I handle this, or how much time it takes me, but that's that reality of the situation and you deserve to know.

Sorry to be blunt, but you know what's right and wrong. Grow up and moderate yourselves. Treat your neighbors with respect, listen to their ideas, no matter what you think of their ideology, and break down the content they post not them themselves. It's not that f***ing hard.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

12 Jan 2013 10:46 #143 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Thanks SC for being blunt. Now I know where you stand and that there is a difference between what TOS says and what is allowed. I needed the clarification.

Didn't know that is the path that other website took. I don't keep up with them or all the stuff posted about them in the ring.

Thanks again.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

12 Jan 2013 10:48 #144 by chickaree
Akilina, if you were my kid I'd put you in the corner. You have been told numerous times that the way you address LadyJazzer is rude, yet you excuse yourself and continue. At this point it seems that you and LadyJazzer are equals for bringing down the caliber of discussion here. Is that really how you want to be perceived?

12 Jan 2013 10:57 - 12 Apr 2018 15:36 #145 by Photo-fish

Science Chic wrote: Sorry to be blunt, but you know what's right and wrong. Grow up and moderate yourselves. Treat your neighbors with respect, listen to their ideas, no matter what you think of their ideology, and break down the content they post not them themselves. Its not that f***ing hard.

:thumbsup:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

12 Jan 2013 11:21 #146 by chickaree

Photo-fish wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Sorry to be blunt, but you know what's right and wrong. Grow up and moderate yourselves. Treat your neighbors with respect, listen to their ideas, no matter what you think of their ideology, and break down the content they post not them themselves. Its not that f***ing hard.

:thumbsup:

:like:

12 Jan 2013 11:25 #147 by Pony Soldier
Alkilina complimenting VL and then going full troll. Hmmm, same poster different nic or just the same stripe?

12 Jan 2013 11:27 #148 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A new Board? Any interest?
SC you are doing a great job and I generally agree with what you've said on moderation and name-calling, it surely doesn't make things any better to insult other members with silly name calling. The only disagreement I have is I don't feel the President automatically deserves respect just because of his job title or 52% voting share. He has to earn respect with his words, actions, policies and leadership. So within reason, I think name calling on a message board of any elected officials is fair game, (especially on a political board) even if it is immature and does nothing to add to the discussion. I wouldn't overdo it in every single post like some do though. JMO

One of the great things about America is we can insult and criticize our leaders. In some countries you get shot for doing that.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Jan 2013 11:36 #149 by chickaree

LOL wrote: SC you are doing a great job and I generally agree with what you've said on moderation and name-calling, it surely doesn't make things any better to insult other members with silly name calling. The only disagreement I have is I don't feel the President automatically deserves respect just because of his job title or 52% voting share. He has to earn respect with his words, actions, policies and leadership. So within reason, I think name calling on a message board of any elected officials is fair game, (especially on a political board) even if it is immature and does nothing to add to the discussion. I wouldn't overdo it in every single post like some do though. JMO

One of the great things about America is we can insult and criticize our leaders. In some countries you get shot for doing that.

The thing about that is that it can provoke a Pavlovian response, instantly derailing any chance of intelligent discussion. Too many here are trolling with their posting style, even if they don't realize it.

12 Jan 2013 11:37 #150 by Pony Soldier

LOL wrote: SC you are doing a great job and I generally agree with what you've said on moderation and name-calling, it surely doesn't make things any better to insult other members with silly name calling. The only disagreement I have is I don't feel the President automatically deserves respect just because of his job title or 52% voting share. He has to earn respect with his words, actions, policies and leadership. So within reason, I think name calling on a message board of any elected officials is fair game, (especially on a political board) even if it is immature and does nothing to add to the discussion. I wouldn't overdo it in every single post like some do though. JMO

I disagree to a certain extent. President Obama is our president, like it or not, and the respect is for the office, not the man. Belittling with snarky name changes is done for no other reason than to piss someone else off. Not the best way to have a discussion.

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds