A new Board? Any interest?

10 Jan 2013 14:24 - 10 Jan 2013 14:52 #101 by Photo-fish

akilina wrote: Back on topic.

So I asked a friend to sign on to this website and post some of her viewings and wildlife pix. She had a young mountain lion show up on her doorsteps. Her comment was 'No thanks. It stinks'. Well so much for that idea.

Why would your friend need to venture into the Courthouse to post her pictures? There is a perfectly good (non-toxic) forum for that right here:
http://www.285bound.com/285forum/viewforum.php?f=44

I have posted hundreds of pics on this site and have never been bashed once.
There is a place for everyone here and it does not have to be in the middle of all the drama. Big site - look deeper.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 14:28 #102 by LadyJazzer
Oh, and I still post LINKS TO MY SOURCES....

10 Jan 2013 14:38 - 10 Jan 2013 17:33 #103 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic A new Board? Any interest?
SC I vote keep it the same, just move only the nastiest violations to the Ring as you had been doing.

It's clear that few if any people are self-reflecting or admitting any fault. Ho Hum

(Yes I have been a cynical sarcastic bad boy at times, and I've been trying to be nicer) No promises. :)

If you keep it the same, not much will change and probably participation will suffer.
If you change and tighten up, regulars will complain, but maybe more newbies will dip their toes in.

Haha, my 2 cents. :givemebeer:

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jan 2013 15:10 #104 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?

Photo-fish wrote:

akilina wrote: Back on topic.

So I asked a friend to sign on to this website and post some of her viewings and wildlife pix. She had a young mountain lion show up on her doorsteps. Her comment was 'No thanks. It stinks'. Well so much for that idea.

Why would your friend need to venture into the Courthouse to post her pictures? There is a perfectly good (non-toxic) forum for that right here:
http://www.285bound.com/285forum/viewforum.php?f=44

I have posted hundreds of pics on this site and have never been bashed once.
There is a place for everyone here and it does not have to be in the middle of all the drama. Big site - look deeper.

I went back and asked her what she didn't like. She says not many people post so she went where most posts are and found it pitiful. She wouldn't want her pix associated with a website in poor taste. I did suggest that she try one of the other bound sites where people are not nearly as extreme.

I am not really interested in banning anyone. The courthouse has a defined role and I would like to see it be a place where discussion can take place. What we call the courthouse looks like the ring. Have the free for alls in the ring.

I used to be part of a private website where you could, if you wanted to, hit like or dislike on a scale of 1 through 10 for every post on how applicable the post was to the subject. And you could see how others rated it. It gave the poster some feedback. If they received a certain number they would be automatically off the site for a certain period of time. Looks like VL would be off more than on. In this case have it go to the ring. Don't know what is required to have something like that. It also meant that they didn't have to have someone closely monitoring the threads. Of course it could be abused but it is amazing how well some learned how to articulate their point instead of calling someone an idiot.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jan 2013 15:12 #105 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?

LOL wrote:
I have been a cynical sarcastic bad boy at times

You???? Really?????

:coffee-News:
I didn't see a report on that.

10 Jan 2013 15:19 #106 by 2wlady
Replied by 2wlady on topic A new Board? Any interest?
I didn't read anything but the first page, so I initially thought this was about what Monopoly marker we were voting for. How disappointing.

10 Jan 2013 15:33 #107 by FredHayek
Monopoly? Eliminate the Iron!!! Cpaitalists don't iron. I would like to see a little Lear Jet, like Trump has. He does own Atlantic City and Boardwalk even if he did have to mortgage them a time or two.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2013 15:55 #108 by ScienceChic

frogger wrote: Businesses have left and others in the community will not participate. That is reality whether Raess likes it or believes it. I dont see a lot of business growth here and disagree that the forum is booming unless you call about 8 rabid people going at it day after day.jmo

1 Business Partner declining to renew their advertising because they are a seasonal business in the last 8 months, 6 businesses added in that 8 month period, and 3 more coming on board next week. 9 other Business Partners who have been with us since I bought the site because they appreciate the service they've gotten and recognize that this is an important venue to participate in. Please, provide me evidence of "businesses leaving" and "not a lot of business growth". This site is the only one that has both chambers posting on a regular basis, and have both awarded us for our contributions to the community.

Last month we had a coalition of 20 nonprofits advertising CO Gives Day here and on EvergreenBound because they are more than willing to be "associated" with this site. I received a letter from a local church over Christmas that thanked 285Bound for helping share their holiday events, specifically pointing out that they noticed an increase in visitors directly due to it and they definitely plan on doing more posting here this year.

300% increase in unique visitors to the site per month since our upgrade, and we've surpassed 2,000 members. Please provide me evidence that this site isn't growing. Are we getting a lot of new active posters, no. Does any other forum, no. We are exactly like they are, the majority of people aren't active or just lurk for years, that's just the nature of the beast. If you want the other forums to be more active, and you want there to be better posts in here, then you and the other silent people who post nicely need to be more active and make it that way. It's not going to happen all by itself, and the more people who post great posts, that will make those who don't an even smaller percentage and less noticeable. Are you all willing to take charge and to be part of the change, or would you rather keep complaining about what you see and disappearing when you can't take it anymore?

I really don't like tooting my own horn, but I refuse to sit back and let you post your opinion that isn't based on fact at all and leave people to assume that that's how it is. It isn't.

Yes, there are unhappy people. No business will ever be able to please everyone. I'm trying to address those concerns and actually do something to make it better. You can sit and complain, or you can be part of the solution. Which is it frogger? Anyone?

Should we just get rid of the Courthouse altogether? We can merge it with the Ring and from now on, all political posts go in a locked forum. Whaddya think?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Jan 2013 16:06 #109 by archer
Replied by archer on topic A new Board? Any interest?
No....no, and no. Contrary to the oft posted lament about the lack of civility on this forum, it is most likely what keeps people actively posting here. If everyone was all sweetness and light does anyone really think the core of active posters would be as eager to check in here every morning.......during the day.....and for sure at night? People want to know what was posted about the latest topic and what the responses were.....the more over the top the more interesting they become. Sure some posts go too far into the nasty and the personal insults, and I too would like to see them relegated to the Ring.....but please don't change the combative tone here......it would be BORING.

10 Jan 2013 16:34 #110 by akilina
Replied by akilina on topic A new Board? Any interest?
Thanks for tooting your own horn SC. I sure haven't seen what you see. Glad more businesses are coming on board but clearly there is no way for me to know that.

I just read what is here and as others have said there aren't many participating. If you go to pinecrud there is all kinds of activity in their general forum.

The abuse doesn't say welcome. Why would posters want to come on and get smacked.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds