Proud to be a Democrat

10 Mar 2013 22:57 - 27 Nov 2017 01:25 #31 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Proud to be a Democrat

Rick wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Calling liberals derogatory names isn't necessary at all, and you'll notice that no one else responded likewise by calling you names. How about trying to debate your position instead of just smothering us with relentless posts and broad-based insults?

Come on SC, I like you but isn't this a little silly? EVERY DAY LJ does the exact same thing yet I don't see you critiquing her. This guy comes and goes every so often but we must live with LJ every day. If nothing else, IB is just balancing out the hate.

I've already said my piece about her generalized insults, and I've called her on her crap too when she seems to think that she's being unfairly singled out and required to do something that others aren't but that's not true , so I think it's only fair I get to say one thing to Im baaack as well, especially after I have tried replying nicely and in fun and been ignored (as someone trolling will do, classic response ). In all of those cases I stated it simply and matter-of-factly and moved on. I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself chastising people for how they post - you'll all start hating me if that's what I do, and y'all will abandon ship like rats on the Titanic. :biggrin: I've posted tips on how to deal with trolls , so no, you don't have to live with anyone whose posts you don't like- put them on Ignore and move on. Don't address their comments, but rather someone else's, and things will change for the better. We're not banning anyone, we support freedom of speech and fair and equal treatment for all. We're not going to move one person's posts for general insults and not anyone else's as that's moderating by poster and not by appropriateness of content, and honestly, do you really want the mods moving all general insults now too? This place would get boring really damn fast with us all being goody-two-shoes, politically correct all the time, afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. Sarcasm would be next and I can't function without being sarcastic! lol

It's not good enough for me to just "balance out the hate" - I want everything to keep improving/growing/changing because that's what's interesting, and fun, and enjoyable. :thumbsup: This board is what we all make it, and it's why I appreciate all of you for being here, from Im baaack to LJ - you each bring a unique viewpoint, experiences, and opinions that can make for really good discussions and learning new ideas, humor, and enjoyment in interacting with people who have in common a love of this piece of the world. Share stories and news, agree or disagree, state your opinion, bash ideals and claims, break down arguments with logic and facts, poke fun if you are trying to make the other person smile, but above all have fun and be yourself, and don't take anything personally, it's not necessary or worth it.

I've asked for people to not generalize/broad-brush with the derogatory names/insults in the Courthouse, and everyone's being treated equally in that posts with those are not moved, only personal insults are, since that was the majority request. I've made my one request, as my personal self not as an admin, to Im baaack and I'm done, if they choose to continue posting as they do, the mods will move what doesn't belong here and it's your choice to Ignore them for the rest - you have that power here. What we provide is a place that is run fairly - no special treatment for anyone, and no singling out and coming after anyone because of what they believe, the color of their skin, their religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or political choice.

[quoteemfrogger]I personally chose to just give it the attention it was due......NONE.[/quoteem:qwfinyx0]Exactly.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2013 23:20 #32 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic Proud to be a Democrat
Don't suppose that because we refuse to feed it, that that means we agree with it. Just like with unruly toddlers, it's best to ignore bad behavior and reward good.

10 Mar 2013 23:56 #33 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Proud to be a Democrat

chickaree wrote: Don't suppose that because we refuse to feed it, that that means we agree with it. Just like with unruly toddlers, it's best to ignore bad behavior and reward good.

Exactly

11 Mar 2013 01:04 - 27 Nov 2017 01:26 #34 by
Replied by on topic Proud to be a Democrat

Science Chic wrote:

Rick wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Calling liberals derogatory names isn't necessary at all, and you'll notice that no one else responded likewise by calling you names. How about trying to debate your position instead of just smothering us with relentless posts and broad-based insults?

Come on SC, I like you but isn't this a little silly? EVERY DAY LJ does the exact same thing yet I don't see you critiquing her. This guy comes and goes every so often but we must live with LJ every day. If nothing else, IB is just balancing out the hate.

I've already said my piece about her generalized insults, and I've called her on her crap too when she seems to think that she's being unfairly singled out and required to do something that others aren't but that's not true , so I think it's only fair I get to say one thing to Im baaack as well, especially after I have tried replying nicely and in fun and been ignored (as someone trolling will do, classic response ). In all of those cases I stated it simply and matter-of-factly and moved on. I'm not going to sit here and repeat myself chastising people for how they post - you'll all start hating me if that's what I do, and y'all will abandon ship like rats on the Titanic. :biggrin: I've posted tips on how to deal with trolls , so no, you don't have to live with anyone whose posts you don't like- put them on Ignore and move on. Don't address their comments, but rather someone else's, and things will change for the better. We're not banning anyone, we support freedom of speech and fair and equal treatment for all. We're not going to move one person's posts for general insults and not anyone else's as that's moderating by poster and not by appropriateness of content, and honestly, do you really want the mods moving all general insults now too? This place would get boring really damn fast with us all being goody-two-shoes, politically correct all the time, afraid to hurt anyone's feelings. Sarcasm would be next and I can't function without being sarcastic! lol

It's not good enough for me to just "balance out the hate" - I want everything to keep improving/growing/changing because that's what's interesting, and fun, and enjoyable. :thumbsup: This board is what we all make it, and it's why I appreciate all of you for being here, from Im baaack to LJ - you each bring a unique viewpoint, experiences, and opinions that can make for really good discussions and learning new ideas, humor, and enjoyment in interacting with people who have in common a love of this piece of the world. Share stories and news, agree or disagree, state your opinion, bash ideals and claims, break down arguments with logic and facts, poke fun if you are trying to make the other person smile, but above all have fun and be yourself, and don't take anything personally, it's not necessary or worth it.

I've asked for people to not generalize/broad-brush with the derogatory names/insults in the Courthouse, and everyone's being treated equally in that posts with those are not moved, only personal insults are, since that was the majority request. I've made my one request, as my personal self not as an admin, to Im baaack and I'm done, if they choose to continue posting as they do, the mods will move what doesn't belong here and it's your choice to Ignore them for the rest - you have that power here. What we provide is a place that is run fairly - no special treatment for anyone, and no singling out and coming after anyone because of what they believe, the color of their skin, their religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or political choice.

[quoteemfrogger]I personally chose to just give it the attention it was due......NONE.[/quoteem]Exactly.

I promise to read this as soon as I find my glasses... :rofllol

11 Mar 2013 01:43 #35 by MountainRoadCrew
Another post was split out and added to the previously split out post here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26480 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=26480<!-- l -->

11 Mar 2013 09:19 #36 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Proud to be a Democrat
She's a Democratic Strategist? Now THAT's funny!

Women disarming women. And I thought lib***** were pro-choice.

[youtube:3728ko7e]
[/youtube:3728ko7e]

11 Mar 2013 17:56 #37 by Obam me
Just one more reason to be Proud to be a Democrat

Colorado Dem: Vets should not have magazines because 'some' are mentally ill

While debating a gun control measure in the Colorado Senate Friday, Democratic State Sen. Mary Hodge urged fellow lawmakers to reject an amendment that would let veterans, existing military members and their families own high-capacity magazines by arguing that “some" return "with significant mental health problems,” Twitchy reported Saturday.

"Yes," she said, "these are all great and wonderful people, but some of them come back with significant mental health problems and I think we need to check through that first."

http://www.examiner.com/article/colorad ... ntally-ill

11 Mar 2013 18:52 #38 by Obam me
Preparations underway for Obama vacation on Martha's Vineyard.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2013 ... 58744.html

White House tours canceled due to federal budget cuts

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la ... 1476.story

11 Mar 2013 20:00 #39 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Proud to be a Democrat
Adele and Beyonce are having a private concert for Michele's 50th birthday at the White House.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2013 20:37 #40 by Obam me
The time for Obama self-honoring and self-adoration will someday come to an end. In the meantime, fumigation of the WH will be required after the birthday bash.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds