Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

11 Apr 2013 17:59 - 11 Apr 2013 18:24 #1 by Rick
There's some print media reporting this, but for the most part ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC are all MIA when it comes to this sick POS abortion "doctor"/murderer. Guess they're too busy on other more important trials that don't harm the lefty narrative.

The trial of Dr. Kermit Gosnell began yesterday in Philadelphia. Gosnell is accused of eight counts of murder — fetuses, who died at a clinic that has been described as a "house of horrors." If the descriptions provided by the prosecution are accurate, that's an understatement.

For decades, Gosnell ran the West Philadelphia Women's Medical Society, performing medical services including abortion. In 2011, police investigating the illegal sale of prescriptions entered the facility and allegedly discovered a gruesome scene. At the time, ABC Philadelphia quoted District Attorney Seth Williams: "There were bags, and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building. There were jars lining shelves with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Oh but there's more:

Worse were the alleged practices of Gosnell and his staff: late-term abortions conducted with minimal anesthesia, high-school students working in the operating room. After his arrest, one former patient described her horrifying experience at the clinic:

Reid said she planned to tell Gosnell that she didn't want the abortion and was going to sneak out of the clinic.

"When I said no, the doctor got upset and he ended up taking my clothes off, hitting me, my legs were tied to the stirrups," Reid said.

The 87-pound teen struggled with the man for 30 minutes, fighting him alone in the room, she said.

I'm sure she's just a liar...

Oh, and lets not forget to use the race card:

When one of the best defenses you have at your murder trial is that your victims wouldn't have survived anyway, it's safe to assume that you have an uphill climb.

But that wasn't the defense's only argument. Introducing more political complexity to a case already rife with it, the defense argued that Gosnell is being unfairly targeted because he — like most of his clients — is black. ABC News outlines what Gosnell's attorney called an "elitist, racist prosecution."

And let the spinning begin...
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... ial/63271/

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2013 18:08 #2 by archer
I would be happy to comment on this, but you neglected to give a source for your quotes.

11 Apr 2013 18:29 #3 by Rick
Sry...fixed (I'm not Fred)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

11 Apr 2013 19:04 #4 by archer
A simple google search shows feature stories by CBS, ABC, and the Huffington Post, some dating back to January, some recent. So while I find the story disturbing, I do question your title of this thread. If the accusations are true this "doctor" is a butcher. So why make your thread about the media and not about the horrors of his action. So there is the spin you were expecting, but it's your own.

11 Apr 2013 19:43 #5 by The Dude
What is twisted is that there are small minded people out there that think that because people are pro-choice and believe in a womans right to choose that they would defend the way this Dr. ran his practice. Speaks volumes!

11 Apr 2013 19:49 #6 by Blazer Bob

The Dude wrote: What is twisted is that there are small minded people out there that think that because people are pro-choice and believe in a womans right to choose that they would defend the way this Dr. ran his practice. Speaks volumes!

Who is making that inference? Certainly not this thread.

11 Apr 2013 19:53 #7 by The Dude

Rick wrote: There's some print media reporting this, but for the most part ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC are all MIA when it comes to this sick POS abortion "doctor"/murderer. Guess they're too busy on other more important trials that don't harm the lefty narrative.

The trial of Dr. Kermit Gosnell began yesterday in Philadelphia. Gosnell is accused of eight counts of murder — fetuses, who died at a clinic that has been described as a "house of horrors." If the descriptions provided by the prosecution are accurate, that's an understatement.

For decades, Gosnell ran the West Philadelphia Women's Medical Society, performing medical services including abortion. In 2011, police investigating the illegal sale of prescriptions entered the facility and allegedly discovered a gruesome scene. At the time, ABC Philadelphia quoted District Attorney Seth Williams: "There were bags, and bottles holding aborted fetuses were scattered throughout the building. There were jars lining shelves with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Oh but there's more:

Worse were the alleged practices of Gosnell and his staff: late-term abortions conducted with minimal anesthesia, high-school students working in the operating room. After his arrest, one former patient described her horrifying experience at the clinic:

Reid said she planned to tell Gosnell that she didn't want the abortion and was going to sneak out of the clinic.

"When I said no, the doctor got upset and he ended up taking my clothes off, hitting me, my legs were tied to the stirrups," Reid said.

The 87-pound teen struggled with the man for 30 minutes, fighting him alone in the room, she said.

I'm sure she's just a liar...

Oh, and lets not forget to use the race card:

When one of the best defenses you have at your murder trial is that your victims wouldn't have survived anyway, it's safe to assume that you have an uphill climb.

But that wasn't the defense's only argument. Introducing more political complexity to a case already rife with it, the defense argued that Gosnell is being unfairly targeted because he — like most of his clients — is black. ABC News outlines what Gosnell's attorney called an "elitist, racist prosecution."

And let the spinning begin...
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... ial/63271/

It appears at the end of the original post that Rick is...

11 Apr 2013 20:00 #8 by Blazer Bob
I do not see it unless perhaps you are talking about the DR.'s attorney. However it is silly for you and I to discuss what we think Rick meant. I will just let Rick interpret for us if he chooses.

12 Apr 2013 07:21 #9 by FredHayek

The Dude wrote: What is twisted is that there are small minded people out there that think that because people are pro-choice and believe in a womans right to choose that they would defend the way this Dr. ran his practice. Speaks volumes!

But by choosing not to make this a bigger story, the media is doing just what the Catholic Church did, cover up the isolated incidents because it might reflect badly on abortionists. Once again, by not reporting on this, the liberal media is showing their bias.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2013 07:59 - 12 Apr 2013 09:02 #10 by LadyJazzer
Perhaps most of the media are not as easily manipulated into your outrage-of-the-day as provided by the usual outrage-of-the-day sources. The bias they seem to show is over what is "newsworthy" on a national scale.

But since Archer has already posted:

archer wrote: A simple google search shows feature stories by CBS, ABC, and the Huffington Post, some dating back to January, some recent. So while I find the story disturbing, I do question your title of this thread. If the accusations are true this "doctor" is a butcher. So why make your thread about the media and not about the horrors of his action. So there is the spin you were expecting, but it's your own.

So, it looks like the MSM HAS covered it. It looks like you are having no problem getting your fill of coverage from your right-to-life biased right-wing sources.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds