Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

15 Apr 2013 08:37 #91 by FredHayek
Been reading more about the doctor this weekend and it sounds almost like one of those pet hoarders. They start out trying to do well, but then run out of money and get desensitized to the horrors going on around. And many of the hires don't know any better and can't get work so they go along. A couple of the doctors hired were on suspension and trying to get their lives back together but wound up slipping further down.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 09:18 #92 by MountainRoadCrew
Several posts were split out and moved here: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/285forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27098 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=27098<!-- l -->

15 Apr 2013 10:13 #93 by Reverend Revelant
Let's see what CBS News has to say about the coverage...

But outside the state, few have even heard about the allegations against Gosnell because his trial has received little national news coverage. [/b][/i] CBS News reported on the story at the time it broke in 2011. Just last week, a column in USA Today accused the media of ignoring the story because of what it called a bias in favor of abortion rights. Those charges went viral on Twitter and were picked up by Republicans in Congress.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... firestorm/

CBS News... confirming the topic of this thread... it must have been that wily Carl Rove who infiltrated the newsroom at CBS. :rofllol

Oh... PS... even his Gosnell's attorney has questioned the lack of media coverage...

Criminal defense attorney William Brennan has been involved in many high-profile trials, and even represented Gosnell until the drug case became a murder case. He said, “A case involving a medical doctor charged with eight counts of murder. It would seem to me that just that fact pattern would make national news.”

Any wonder?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

15 Apr 2013 10:17 #94 by Reverend Revelant

15 Apr 2013 10:19 #95 by Reverend Revelant
And since the major media is not covering this... I thought you'd like to know how racist Gossnell was...

Until the FBI raided his clinic in 2010, he had operated for 30 years at 3801 Lancaster Ave., in the clinic he called the “Women’s Health Society.”

There was little healthy about it. Bloody floors, dirty equipment. The filthy gynecological bed with stirrups on which Karnamaya Mongar went into cardiac arrest from a drug reaction, and later died, sat in the middle of the courtroom, in front of the jury.

Tina Baldwin testified that Gosnell treated women differently, based on their race. White women “with money” were taken to an “immaculate” upstairs room where Gosnell treated them personally. Poor black, Latino and other women were kept in the clinic’s dingy, dirty downstairs rooms, and were usually treated by medically unqualified staff.

Tina Baldwin said she asked Gosnell about why he treated white women differently from the others. She recalled him saying, “Sorry, but that’s how it is.”

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/c ... 5k.twitter

Apparent killer... racist... gee... it sounds like the Treyvon Martin case.

15 Apr 2013 14:05 #96 by FredHayek
Jay Carney is saying the POTUS cannot comment on this case since it is being decided right now.

16 Apr 2013 07:57 #97 by FOS
I just can't understand how anyone can support a person who delivers a child through an abortion that survives and then is killed.
For me....this isn't so much about abortion rights as it is about murder.....period.

16 Apr 2013 08:00 #98 by FredHayek
Interesting tidbit I came across yesterday. AG Eric Holder's wife is a doctor and co-owner of an abortion clinic in Georgia. One of her physicians is under indictment too.

And a little blurb out of the Post this morning, the coroner can't tell if the fetuses/infants were killed before or after delivery. Anyone else find this a wierd game of splitting hairs? (And since the Denver Post is now covering this, it looks like the mainstream media is now present.)

16 Apr 2013 09:25 - 23 Jan 2017 13:13 #99 by MountainRoadCrew
Additional posts were split out and merged with the previously split out posts here: mymountaintown.com/forum/29-the-ring/278...ouse-of-horrors-ring

17 Apr 2013 08:34 #100 by Reverend Revelant
Here's an outright admittal from the left as to why there is not much media coverage of the Gosnell case...

In a HuffPost Live segment today on the issue, host Marc Lamont Hill made clear where his theoretical thinking lay...

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segmen ... 2d7f000710
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri ... ver-trial/

Well... that shoots this comment from Lady Jazzer to hell...

Lady Jazzer wrote: Perhaps most of the media are not as easily manipulated into your outrage-of-the-day as provided by the usual outrage-of-the-day sources. The bias they seem to show is over what is "newsworthy" on a national scale.

Read it... watch it for yourself. A direct admission from the left.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds