Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

12 Apr 2013 22:11 #31 by Rick

"A Lexis-Nexis search shows none of the news shows on the three major national television networks has mentioned the Gosnell trial in the last three months," Powers writes. "The Washington Post has not published original reporting on this during the trial and The New York Times saw fit to run one original story on A-17 on the trial's first day. They've been silent ever since, despite headline-worthy testimony."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... 69882.html

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2013 22:23 #32 by Blazer Bob
I find it hysterical that on the first page of a google search for news on Dr. Kermit Gosnell includes a Snopes hit.

Quite a contrast to a google search for news on Dr. W. Scott Harrington.

Draw your own conclusions.

12 Apr 2013 22:47 #33 by archer

Blazer Bob wrote: I find it hysterical that on the first page of a google search for news on Dr. Kermit Gosnell includes a Snopes hit.

Don't have to, you and Rick and Fred seem to be drawing them for us,

I'm not sure exactly what your point is......who are you accusing and what are you accusing them of?...What is the purpose of this thread? Obviously not to show outrage about what was done to the women and the fetuses at this butcher's clinic. All I have heard from the conservatives on this thread is a lot of whining and faux outrage about how the MSM is, or is not, covering the story. So again....what EXACTLY is your point?

13 Apr 2013 08:02 #34 by FredHayek
Archer, that is the point. Because the MSM doesn't want any bad press to come out about any abortionists, they have willfully sat on this horror show.

And I can only expect them to do that, but what amazaes me more, is that even supposedly conservative media have also been quiet about this killer doctor.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2013 08:29 #35 by FOS
Fox News does a few stories a day on it, including stories about the lack of coverage.

13 Apr 2013 08:31 #36 by LadyJazzer
You should go ask them about it...It will give you something to do...

But isn't it fascinating how your outrage comes and goes with the daily headlines from FauxNews, DailyCaller, WorldNutDaily, ad nauseum... We can glance at the headlines and see it coming... But since FauxNews obviously doesn't know how to do research about what other media outlets have covered--and when--I'm sure they can keep the low-intelligence folks in a state-of-uproar for days. It's like laying a trail of Reese's Pieces for E.T.

Why, this is almost as predictable as your temporary outrage about "black babies" on the anniversary of Roe V. Wade.

We'll continue to monitor the sources to see what you're supposed to be outraged about next...

13 Apr 2013 08:52 #37 by appleannie

FredHayek wrote: Archer, that is the point. Because the MSM doesn't want any bad press to come out about any abortionists, they have willfully sat on this horror show.

That's just... incredibly paranoid.

13 Apr 2013 09:02 #38 by LadyJazzer
Since the MSM has already covered it...back to 2011... as usual, that's just nuts...

13 Apr 2013 13:00 #39 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: Since the MSM has already covered it...back to 2011... as usual, that's just nuts...

Covering it a couple years ago is not the same as covering the trial. And you never took the MSNBC challenge did you? How can it be that Gosnell's name doesn't show a single result when you search that site? I wonder why....

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Apr 2013 13:04 #40 by Rick

archer wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: I find it hysterical that on the first page of a google search for news on Dr. Kermit Gosnell includes a Snopes hit.

Don't have to, you and Rick and Fred seem to be drawing them for us,

I'm not sure exactly what your point is......who are you accusing and what are you accusing them of?...What is the purpose of this thread? Obviously not to show outrage about what was done to the women and the fetuses at this butcher's clinic. All I have heard from the conservatives on this thread is a lot of whining and faux outrage about how the MSM is, or is not, covering the story. So again....what EXACTLY is your point?

Why isn't it a story on the fully liberal network MSNBC? Where is Madcow, Shultz, Sharpton (oh ya he's a racist), ODonnell, etc...

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds