Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

12 Apr 2013 18:24 #21 by LadyJazzer

appleannie wrote: Check the dates:

Dr. Kermit Gosnell's Horror Show

Kermit Gosnell, Phila. Abortion Doctor, Seems Confused by Murder Charges, Shocked by No Bail

Pa. Employees Fired In Wake Of Abortion Scandal

And:

THE MEDIA VACUUM THAT NEVER WAS
Reporters Ignoring Abortion Doctor's Grisly Trial...Except For All The People Who've Been Covering Him For Years

"If you’ve never heard of the Gosnell story, it’s not because of a coverup by the liberal mainstream media," Irin Carmon wrote in Salon. "It’s probably because you failed to pay attention to the copious coverage among pro-choice and feminist journalists, as well as the big news organizations, when the news first broke in 2011." She cited stories in outlets ranging from The Nation to The Grio, adding, "There would be something rich, if it weren’t so infuriating, about these (almost uniformly male, as it happens) reporters and commentators scrambling to break open this shocking untold story."

Carmon went on to note that a lack of adequate attention from the mainstream media on issues relating to the healthcare options available to poor and immigrant women, largely the ones who were visiting the clinic, should come as no surprise.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/1 ... _ref=media

Another outrage-of-the-day dealt with...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Apr 2013 19:39 #22 by FredHayek
Once again your source proves our point. Mainstream media is scrambling to cover this house of horrors. I read a lot of media and can only remember a 1/2 page article in The Week about the evil doctor.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2013 19:45 #23 by Arlen
The inconveniences on a cruise ship that lost battery power received much more coverage than this abortion doctor murderer. You could not turn on the TV without being barraged with the cruise ship coverage, for days on end. The media will not cover this murderer because it is not PC to report on murder by an abortionist.

Let's concentrate on fist fights at a baseball game! The media spoon feeds us on what it believes is politically correct. Abortion doctors murdering babies who are breathing does not fit the major media's agenda.

They covered the initial grand jury indictments, but after that.........silence.

12 Apr 2013 19:59 #24 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Once again your source proves our point. Mainstream media is scrambling to cover this house of horrors. I read a lot of media and can only remember a 1/2 page article in The Week about the evil doctor.

A) I could care less that you don't like the source;
B) AppleAnnie gave you several other historic links that prove you are wrong;
C) Your personal anecdotal recollection is so irrelevant as to be hysterical... I mean, "Weeelllllll, if you don't remember it, I guess it must not have happened...."....?

:lol: :rofllol

12 Apr 2013 20:03 #25 by archer

FredHayek wrote: Once again your source proves our point. Mainstream media is scrambling to cover this house of horrors. I read a lot of media and can only remember a 1/2 page article in The Week about the evil doctor.

Did you even look at the sources? Or do any research yourself? How does covering this story since January /February 2011 equate to the MSM "scrambling" to cover it?

12 Apr 2013 20:04 #26 by Rick

Arlen wrote: The inconveniences on a cruise ship that lost battery power received much more coverage than this abortion doctor murderer. You could not turn on the TV without being barraged with the cruise ship coverage, for days on end. The media will not cover this murderer because it is not PC to report on murder by an abortionist.

Let's concentrate on fist fights at a baseball game! The media spoon feeds us on what it believes is politically correct. Abortion doctors murdering babies who are breathing does not fit the major media's agenda.

They covered the initial grand jury indictments, but after that.........silence.

That's exactly right... if they cover this story at all, it's just a blip and gone. During the trial, there won't be anything like the Jodi Arias coverage because it's going to make people take a good hard look at how grisly some of these butcher shops are. I want to see as many details about this case (prime time news) as we saw in the OJ case or Casey Anthony. But I won't see these details because these details could affect how people see this brutal practice and may change a few minds.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Apr 2013 20:17 #27 by FredHayek

archer wrote:

Did you even look at the sources? Or do any research yourself? How does covering this story since January /February 2011 equate to the MSM "scrambling" to cover it?

If this story did get mainstream coverage why didn't the anti-abortionists here devote a thread to it? Even Fox has spent less time on this than the Jody Arias murderer case.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Apr 2013 20:20 #28 by Rick

T]his isn't solely a story about babies having their heads severed, though it is that. It is also a story about a place where, according to the grand jury, women were sent to give birth into toilets; where a doctor casually spread gonorrhea and chlamydiae to unsuspecting women through the reuse of cheap, disposable instruments; an office where a 15-year-old administered anesthesia; an office where former workers admit to playing games when giving patients powerful narcotics; an office where white women were attended to by a doctor and black women were pawned off on clueless untrained staffers. Any single one of those things would itself make for a blockbuster news story. Is it even conceivable that an optometrist who attended to his white patients in a clean office while an intern took care of the black patients in a filthy room wouldn't make national headlines?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 ... 61536.html

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Apr 2013 21:36 #29 by Rick
And just in case you didn't know how worthless the MSNBC echo chamber is, go to the site and search Gosnell, then search Fluke.

I'll bet you can't guess the results.

http://tv.msnbc.com/

George Orwell

12 Apr 2013 21:52 #30 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: If this story did get mainstream coverage why didn't the anti-abortionists here devote a thread to it? Even Fox has spent less time on this than the Jody Arias murderer case.

Why the anti-abortionists or FauxNews did, or did not, is not our problem... Why don't you ask them?

Personally, I don't care. You can do your own research.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds