Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

13 Apr 2013 16:42 #51 by LadyJazzer
Abortion is not infanticide... It is a legal procedure, and protected by the SCOTUS ruling in Roe v. Wade. And repeating it over and over again does not make it so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Apr 2013 16:47 #52 by Blazer Bob
"by John Nolte 13 Apr 2013, 6:35 AM PDT 355post a comment View Discussion

Something truly remarkable happened yesterday. After days and weeks of pushing by New Media and social media, the mainstream media have not only admitted that they should have covered the ongoing capital murder trial of abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell; they have promised to immediately remedy that mistake:

The Daily Beast's Megan McArdle: "Why I didn't write about Gosnell's trial -- and why I should have."

Bloomberg columnist Jeffrey Goldberg writes: "It’s too late now, though, to suppress coverage. [Kirsten] Powers and others have shamed the media into paying attention, and the press is now on the case. It’s remarkable that it took this long."

The Washington Post: "We believe the story is deserving of coverage by our own staff, and we intend to send a reporter for the resumption of the trial next week. In retrospect, we should have sent a reporter sooner."

Politico's Dylan Byers: "Gosnell should be front-page, top-of-the-hour news by primetime tonight. And if it's not, we'll write about it again."

NBC's Joe Scarborough: "A horrifying story out of Philadelphia that the media must cover. We will cover this on Monday."

This is not the usual-usual from our media. Normally, like a game, the media will only admit to this kind of oversight long after it is too late to do anything about it. Worse still, the admission of the mistake is generally just a convenient excuse for the media to talk about their favorite subject -- themselves.

That doesn’t appear to be the case this time. Last night on CNN, Jake Tapper (one of the few who had already covered Gosnell), Erin Burnett, and Anderson Cooper devoted extensive time to the story. And as you can see above, the media are promising to do more next week than just navel gaze.

http://www.politicalnewsnow.com/2013/04 ... -coverage/

13 Apr 2013 16:50 #53 by homeagain
ANSWER my questions......WHY is there a proliferation of MALE IMPOTENCY PILLS, but NOT MALE CONTRACEPTION PILLS???

Do NOT speak to me of abortion, when you can NOT answer the questions (SPECIFICALLY the above ?).......The "doctor" was an
abomination of humanity, THAT is a given.....I am PRO-CHOICE and for good reason.....MEN, rarely take the initiative to be "pro-active"
when it comes to a good lay.........(there ARE exceptions,of course) but generally, WOMAN have the "risk" and WOMAN have the
"say".....JMO

13 Apr 2013 16:54 #54 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: Abortion is not infanticide... It is a legal procedure, and protected by the SCOTUS ruling in Roe v. Wade. And repeating it over and over again does not make it so.

What happened in the house of horrors was infanticide. Hence the murder charges.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2013 17:07 #55 by archer
It's unfortunate that the major outrage this story has created is about the actions of the media, not of the doctor himself. This thread is a perfect example of what i think is the problem with the conservative ideology. Their emphasis is on how can I use this tragedy to hurt my opponents, the liberals, not how can I help the victims and make sure doctors like this are caught quickly and punished. Abortion is legal when done properly..... This doctor was a butcher, outlawing abortion is the best way to insure we have many more butchers performing them. He is the kind of doctor all too prevalent before abortion was legalized.

13 Apr 2013 18:36 #56 by FredHayek

archer wrote: It's unfortunate that the major outrage this story has created is about the actions of the media, not of the doctor himself. This thread is a perfect example of what i think is the problem with the conservative ideology. Their emphasis is on how can I use this tragedy to hurt my opponents, the liberals, not how can I help the victims and make sure doctors like this are caught quickly and punished. Abortion is legal when done properly..... This doctor was a butcher, outlawing abortion is the best way to insure we have many more butchers performing them. He is the kind of doctor all too prevalent before abortion was legalized.

I think liberals do the same thing. They want to hassle millions of legal gun owners yet have a super low rate of conviction of people who actually commit gun crimes. Like the shot prison superintendent? The killer took off his monitoring device and the state didn't follow up on this until after two people had died.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

13 Apr 2013 19:08 #57 by LadyJazzer
And, there are laws against murder too...And it doesn't keep it from happening.

There are laws against speeding, and DWI/DUI...It doesn't keep it from happening.

There are laws against writing bad checks, and rape, and stock fraud, and bank-fraud, and a lot of other things...It doesn't keep it from happening.

"It doesn't keep it from happening" is a crap reason NOT to pass the laws... Unless, of course, you think we should take laws prohibiting murder, rape, bad checks, speeding, DUI, bank fraud, etc., off the books, since "it doesn't stop it from happening." I just love this kind of stupidity...I could sit and watch it for hours.

I want to see laws on universal background checks; magazine limits; confiscation of guns from domestic-violence/abuser cretins; assault weapons, and hopefully, a registration database someday. "It doesn't keep it from happening..." Yeah, I know. But neither do laws about murder. But it's a start.

We need to make background checks mandatory even though we aren't enforcing the current laws against illegal and straw purchases right now.

And, yes....We DO "need to make background checks mandatory". And every time the background check turns up someone who SHOULDN'T be allowed to purchase a weapon, that's one less wacko out there running around with one. And we obviously aren't "enforcing" laws every minute against murder (because people still get murdered); and against armed robbery (because armed robberies are still happening); and bad-check passing (because people still pass bad checks)...And NONE of that means that we shouldn't enforce background checks... Conservative Pretzel Logic....Imagine my surprise....

And it must drive you nuts every time the names of the dead killed for no reason other than someone else wanted their "right" to own an assault-weapon with high-capacity magazines... Eleven children managed to escape at Sandy Hook while the murderer was changing magazines... In Tucson, Loughner was tackled after shooting Giffords, wounding 12 others, and killing 6, while trying to change magazines , thus saving more lives, whether it was 10 or 30...How many more in Aurora are alive because the assassin's 100-round drum jammed?

And the following people were unable to attend the president's address today:

New Town, CT

Charlotte Bacon 2/22/06
Daniel Barden 9/25/05
Rachel Davino 7/17/83
Olivia Engel 7/18/06
Josephine Gay 12/11/05
Ana Marquez-Greene 4/4/06
Dylan Hockley 3/8/06
Dawn Hocksprung 6/28/65
Madeleine Hsu 7/10/06
Catherine Hubbard 6/8/06
Chase Kowalski 10/31/05
Jesse Lewis 6/30/06
James Mattioli 3/22/06
Grace McDonnell 11/04/05
Anne Marie Murphy 7/25/60
Emilie Parker 5/12/06
Jack Pinto 5/6/06
Noah Pozner 11/20/06
Caroline Previdi 9/7/06
Jessica Rekos 5/10/06
Avielle Richman 10/17/06
Lauren Rousseau 6/82
Mary Sherlach 2/11/56
Victoria Soto 11/04/85
Benjamin Wheeler 9/12/06
Allison Wyatt 7/3/06

Aurora, CO

Jessica Ghawi, 24
Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6
John Larimer, 27
Alexander Boik, 18
Jesse Childress, 29
Jonathan Blunk, 26
Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32
Alex Sullivan, 27
Gordon Cowden, 51
Micayla Medek, 23
Alexander Teves, 24
Matthew McQuinn, 27

"We regret their absence, but we understand the extenuating circumstances...."

And I could care less if the best you've got to try to deflect from that is one monster who botched a few abortions...

13 Apr 2013 19:15 #58 by Blazer Bob
Apparently the left has abandoned their position re media coverage and wants to change the subject.

13 Apr 2013 19:17 #59 by LadyJazzer
Feel free to continue your fantasy... It fits right in with your Fact-Free Echo-Chamber.

13 Apr 2013 19:39 #60 by archer
Apparently Bob is just annoyed that this thread isn't in his forum where he has control. Deal with it bob. This thread was started with the premise that the MSM is the bogie man in this outrage, well it isn't... A butcher of a doctor is..... Here the conservatives anger seems to be directed at everyone and everything but the doctor on trial. Spin it however you want, the real outrage here is not the media.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds