Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

17 Apr 2013 16:11 #121 by chickaree
Thanks, I'll look i to that, but here again, I have to "sift" through the bias and try to find the truth. It's not about finding a good aggregator- I use Google for that. It's finding a source that will supply information without slanting, omitting, implying, supporting or propagandizing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2013 17:17 #122 by FredHayek
Good luck with your hunt! Even deciding which stories are news reveals bias.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2013 18:18 #123 by appleannie

Blazer Bob wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: [“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

That's the topic of this thread. Can you address this statement above?

Well, progress is being made. We have moved on from the lefts contention that there was no media failure.

Not at all

17 Apr 2013 18:24 #124 by Blazer Bob
No one is saying there has been no media coverage. Only that there was a media failure to cover it adequately.

17 Apr 2013 18:34 #125 by LadyJazzer
"Adequately" by your definition, is your definition...

It was covered "adquately" according to mine.

17 Apr 2013 19:21 #126 by Rick

LadyJazzer wrote: "Adequately" by your definition, is your definition...

Has the Trayvon Martin case been adequately covered? So when the trial starts, should the media ignore it too?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Apr 2013 19:33 #127 by archer

Rick wrote:

Has the Trayvon Martin case been adequately covered? So when the trial starts, should the media ignore it too?

Which is it Rick....not adequately covering or ignoring? the "house of horrors" was NOT ignored....why would you equate that to ignoring Trayvon Martin?

17 Apr 2013 19:37 #128 by Reverend Revelant

Here... your favorite source doesn't think so...

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segmen ... 2d7f000710

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 Apr 2013 08:03 #129 by Rick

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

Here... your favorite source doesn't think so...

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segmen ... 2d7f000710

That must be a closet conservative :Whistle

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds