Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

17 Apr 2013 11:10 #111 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Rick wrote: The same people who love government regulations and inspections should also love having these abortion mills put under the microscope too right? I hope they do but I'm not betting on it.

Why would you say that.....EVERY medical facility should be put under a microscope, why would abortion clinics be any different?

Er... could this have something to do with it...

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

???

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2013 11:21 #112 by archer

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote: The same people who love government regulations and inspections should also love having these abortion mills put under the microscope too right? I hope they do but I'm not betting on it.

Why would you say that.....EVERY medical facility should be put under a microscope, why would abortion clinics be any different?

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

???

How do you make the leap from the media not covering the trial to people on the left not wanting abortion clinics to be scrutinized? One of the underlying reasons liberals wanted abortion made legal was to make it safe and available for women, to take it out of the hands of back street abortionists/butchers. I want this guy made an example of just as much as anyone, but perhaps for different reasons. He is a butcher.....he is a horrific example of a bad doctor, not just a bad doctor who performs abortions.

17 Apr 2013 11:28 #113 by FredHayek
Isn't it ironic Archer? One of the reasons people like me support abortion rights was women dying at the hands of incompetent, illegal back alley abortionists. Now we get racist abortion clinics where the white patients are ushered into a clean, sterile room and the minorities, mainly African-Americans are put in the assembly line and their fetuses are cut apart and flushed down the toilets.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2013 11:37 #114 by homeagain
I realize I digress here, but the theme is the SAME......it is my understanding that the media (any media) did NOT cover the shooting
of Trayvon Martin for almost 2 months....it wasn't until the FAMILY/FRIENDS of the victim complained/was vocal/DEMANDED that the
case be brought to light.......and you know the rest of the sad sage......as a pro-choice person, I believe the omission of coverage
was a GLARING error and you (collectively) should examine the ownership of that error......for the most part MSM is owned by a select
group of people and THOSE individuals hold tight reign on what airs or does NOT make the cut......it is the prime reason I utilize OTHER
venues to stay abreast of events across the globe....(and here nationally) JMO

17 Apr 2013 11:49 #115 by archer
I have to wonder if the right would be making such an issue of the lack of media coverage of this trial if the doctor in question was a surgeon who removed gall bladders....take abortion out of the equation, but leave in the bad medicine, the bad treatment of minority women, the butcher like doctor,......even add a couple women killed on the table after the botched gall bladder operation......how much would the right care?

17 Apr 2013 11:54 #116 by FredHayek
Have to agree with Archer here, the Right wouldn't make such a big deal out of the non-reporting here if it wasn't for the abortion angle....but would the MSM be more likely to report on a "death" clinic like this if it had been children dying due to imcompetence or seniors being poisoned and suffocated? I think they would be more likley to report on a non-abortion death clinic...especially if levels of care were determined by race.

17 Apr 2013 11:54 #117 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote:

???

How do you make the leap from the media not covering the trial to people on the left not wanting abortion clinics to be scrutinized? One of the underlying reasons liberals wanted abortion made legal was to make it safe and available for women, to take it out of the hands of back street abortionists/butchers. I want this guy made an example of just as much as anyone, but perhaps for different reasons. He is a butcher.....he is a horrific example of a bad doctor, not just a bad doctor who performs abortions.

I'm not... the topic of this thread is "Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"" That's what I have been talking about... not deflections about abortions. Let's stay on topic. What do you think about statements like...

That's the topic of this thread. Can you address this statement above?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Apr 2013 14:29 #118 by Blazer Bob

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: [“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

That's the topic of this thread. Can you address this statement above?

Well, progress is being made. We have moved on from the lefts contention that there was no media failure.

17 Apr 2013 15:34 #119 by chickaree
Is there ever anything but media failure? I would love to find a dependable nformation source, one with impeccable editorial policies. No such animal, not for years.

17 Apr 2013 15:37 #120 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote: Is there ever anything but media failure? I would love to find a dependable nformation source, one with impeccable editorial policies. No such animal, not for years.

I like the magazine "The Week". It will give you five or six different sources/opinions on most major stories so you can sift the information.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds