Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"

17 Apr 2013 08:52 #101 by chickaree
I don't see how this has anything to do with the abortion debate any more than a drunken surgeon would with the healthcare debate. We would all be better off if we quit conflating stuff. It ruins any chance for rational discussion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Apr 2013 09:02 #102 by Reverend Revelant

chickaree wrote: I don't see how this has anything to do with the abortion debate any more than a drunken surgeon would with the healthcare debate. We would all be better off if we quit conflating stuff. It ruins any chance for rational discussion.

Ruins the lefts chance. Nice deflection. Didn't work.

The topic of this thread is how the leftist media has been nonexistence to very slow to cover this trial (and there is still barely no reporters from the major leftist media in the courtroom... lot's of seats for them available). And a player at a major leftist media outlet just admitted why.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

17 Apr 2013 09:07 #103 by FredHayek

chickaree wrote: I don't see how this has anything to do with the abortion debate any more than a drunken surgeon would with the healthcare debate. We would all be better off if we quit conflating stuff. It ruins any chance for rational discussion.

You mean like banning guns and hi-capacity magazines based on the actions of one madman when 99.99% of gun owners never shoot anyone?

I bet there are more nasty, foul, late term abortion clinics than just this one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Apr 2013 09:39 #104 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

You mean like banning guns and hi-capacity magazines based on the actions of one madman when 99.99% of gun owners never shoot anyone?

I bet there are more nasty, foul, late term abortion clinics than just this one.

YEP, I bet there are.....just like the BOLDED (based on the actions of ONE madman).......bring them to trial and put them to DEATH. THEN monitor/inspect the clinics more efficiently AND CHANGE THE LAW IN REGARDS TO MENTAL ILLNESS AND MONITOR/ENFORCE
the process of allowing "madmen" to acquire guns......THAT IS THE SOLUTION. The ENTIRE process in BOTH examples is required to
change....JMO

17 Apr 2013 10:35 #105 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

YEP, I bet there are.....just like the BOLDED (based on the actions of ONE madman).......bring them to trial and put them to DEATH. THEN monitor/inspect the clinics more efficiently AND CHANGE THE LAW IN REGARDS TO MENTAL ILLNESS AND MONITOR/ENFORCE
the process of allowing "madmen" to acquire guns......THAT IS THE SOLUTION. The ENTIRE process in BOTH examples is required to
change....JMO

The same people who love government regulations and inspections should also love having these abortion mills put under the microscope too right? I hope they do but I'm not betting on it.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

17 Apr 2013 10:47 #106 by chickaree
As I said, everyone rushes to use the outliers to support their arguments, but refuse to accept them when they count against their views. rational argument is almost non-existent because no one is willing to admit using these tactics. I'm not trying to deflect anything, I am actually pro-life. I do not, however, pretend that this monster is representative of the majority of abortion providers any more than the Aurora shooter is representative of gun owners. Anyone who pretends they believe this is either a fool or a liar.

17 Apr 2013 10:55 #107 by Reverend Revelant

chickaree wrote: As I said, everyone rushes to use the outliers to support their arguments, but refuse to accept them when they count against their views. rational argument is almost non-existent because no one is willing to admit using these tactics. I'm not trying to deflect anything, I am actually pro-life. I do not, however, pretend that this monster is representative of the majority of abortion providers any more than the Aurora shooter is representative of gun owners. Anyone who pretends they believe this is either a fool or a liar.

Read the thread title carefully "Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors"." At least in my comments, I am addressing the topic of the thread, and you responded to my comment about the media with an mini-abortion debate. And you never address my comment.

That's what I meant by deflection.

And there has been a lot of other deflections on this thread away from the topic. The facts remain... most of the mainstream media coverage has been non-existent to very slow in covering this indicted mass murderer and his staff... and the proof of that was so distinctly address (and quite honestly address) by a left-leaning journalist on Huffington's Post... to repeat myself... his comment again...

“For what it’s worth, I do think that those of us on the left have made a decision not to cover this trial because we worry that it’ll compromise abortion rights. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I do think there’s a direct connection between the media’s failure to cover this and our own political commitments on the left. I think it’s a bad idea, I think it’s dangerous, but I think that’s the way it is.”

I don't know how much clearer it can be?

17 Apr 2013 10:58 #108 by chickaree
I'm am agreeing that the press is as wrong with conflating these errors as you are. You do a poor job of reading and comprehending others post, preferring instead to rush to judgement. Just as you accuse others of doing.

17 Apr 2013 11:01 #109 by archer

Rick wrote: The same people who love government regulations and inspections should also love having these abortion mills put under the microscope too right? I hope they do but I'm not betting on it.

Why would you say that.....EVERY medical facility should be put under a microscope, why would abortion clinics be any different?

17 Apr 2013 11:09 #110 by Reverend Revelant

chickaree wrote: I'm am agreeing that the press is as wrong with conflating these errors as you are. You do a poor job of reading and comprehending others post, preferring instead to rush to judgement. Just as you accuse others of doing.

Not showing up at a trial of a indicted mass murderer is not conflating errors. Thread topic again (my comments related to this thread topic) "Most of the Media MIA on "house of horrors."

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds