In case anyone cares...

23 Jul 2013 00:43 #21 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic In case anyone cares...
Of course you don't remember, that was the whole point. :wink:

"What do we want? Good memory!
"When do we want it? Want what?"

But the pix won't post, sorry.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jul 2013 00:46 #22 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic In case anyone cares...
Also, strongly agree with Archer: this is terrible for the community. Pray especially hard for no fires. That's all people need, to be checking multiple resources for info.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

23 Jul 2013 05:30 #23 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic In case anyone cares...

archer wrote: I guess I have missed all the drama....this is the first time in many weeks that I have had an opportunity to sit down at my computer and actually read through all....ok, not all but most, of the threads. The change happened while I was on the road and working off a cell....so I just migrated to this new site and thought that was the end of it. I never went back to the old site till tonight when I saw this thread. WTF......I surely don't understand what all the fuss is about...but then I have been just one of many posters, and never dug too deep into the politics of the site ownership and the franchise.

I'm sooooooo sorry to read all this. It is not good for the community to have another site war going on, it's not good for advertisers, and it certainly is not good for the reputation of CommunitiesBound.....but the person I feel sorriest for is SC, she has poured her heart and soul, her money and her talents into this site. Surely 285Bound, now MyMountainTown, is the most successful and well known of all the Bound message boards....now the very people who gave it life want to kill it. I have to wonder if there was some regret that they ever sold it in the first place and this has given them the opportunity to take it back.......I hope not.....and I hope there can be some resolution.

I'm so-o-o confused.......(head down on the desk confused).....WTH.....I,too, just migrated
to this site,never going back to 285bound link......I did ask SC about the migration when it first
occurred and was told this site is STILL part of the "bound" community. SO, BOTH links are
operating side by side? (I was under the impression it was just a transition process and the
original link would be obsolete.

If the "new" rules include a "shadow operation" of PC,then I am DEEPLY dismayed and would
hope SC (or whoever NOW owns this link and 285 link)would RECONSIDER the M.O......I have
enjoyed and come to EXPECT being treated as an ADULT......this piece of information is UN
settling.....JMO

I am NOW wondering if LJ got the same message.....have not seen her in awhile.

23 Jul 2013 06:31 - 23 Jul 2013 06:34 #24 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic In case anyone cares...
http://www.mymountaintown.com/forums/th ... 3?start=60

It is truly regrettable all that has been done to stop us from making a simple name change and upgrading our website to bring you new and exciting features, and better serve our mountain community. Please know we are officially back to work on My Mountain Town as of today!

Unfortunately, as I have been completely and illegally locked out of my website 285bound.com and all my business email has been stopped, there is little I can do to stop the confusion. What hurts is that people are being misled that 285bound is back up and running. It is NOT! I am the legal owner of 285Bound, and it is now called MyMountainTown.com.

What's worse is anything posted on the old site after we officially transferred the forums on Friday 12th is going to be lost. Again, this was done against my will and is completely out of my control, and I am so sorry that I can't be of more help.

23 Jul 2013 06:32 #25 by homeagain
Having read the whole scenario on BOTH sites......WAY too much brain damage....divide and
conquer from WITHIN....too much in fighting and that is a tragedy because THEN PC wins the
game and who the hell wants that?......JMO

23 Jul 2013 06:37 #26 by FOS
Tell me homeagain......
Should SC just lie down and let someone take over and steal all her hard work?
Should NO one stand up and express how wrong this is or should we all just smile and let this happen?
You DONT have all the facts. You dont know what many of us have had to deal with for a very long time.

edited to add....you haven't read the whole thing because much of it has been deleted from 2b by an out of control admin who is misrepresenting herself there.

It disturbs me that SC has worked so hard to earn our trust and respect and is now having her actions questioned.

23 Jul 2013 06:53 #27 by homeagain
Hi Frogger......you are absolute correct, I do NOT have all the facts.....until this morning I thought the 285bound link was OBSOLETE and non-functioning.

I DO support SC and her work/business endeavor. The in fighting is despicable and detrimental
to the community as a whole.....but the question I have is this......is this a franchise
that SC purchased? I am CONFUSED about this and VL appeared to have a concrete definition of
the 285bound concept and it's definition as a FRANCHISE....in general I'm just TOTALLY trashed
that this is occurring because,from my POV, PC WINS......(and THAT is so wrong on so many
levels)......JMO

23 Jul 2013 07:10 #28 by FOS
SC will have to speak for herself but my understanding is that this was not necessarily a franchise.
It is much the same as the business I have. I agree to certain basic concepts but am free to run my business as I see fit within certain perimeters.
The issue as to why I made a decision not to purchase a site or sell them on behalf of the parent company had more to do with the EXTREME level of micromanagement employed by the owner. (one individual)
It has affected many of the bound sites at the detriment to the entire concept. JMO.
To take a business that has been bought and paid for by an individual is theft in my opinion.
To send PM's and correspondence using the actual owners name, address and phone is fraud, in my opinion.
Now people have been banned, Posts have been deleted. Good people who have worked tirelessly to help build 2b have been placed in Q for expressing their dissatisfaction with the current situation. (Politely, I might add)
She has now breached the very confidence and trust she created and worked so hard to build.
The concept allowed for an owner to run their business as they saw fit and I have been reminded of that many times.
This shouldn't be about PC. I am tired of it being about PC. This should be about what is right and wrong and do we stand for right or just do nothing and let this theft (JMO) occur. This website wins if we all stand for what is right.

23 Jul 2013 07:55 #29 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic In case anyone cares...
If I knew ALL the facts I would give an opinion here, but I don't, so I won't.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Jul 2013 07:58 #30 by FOS
SC has provided you with some of the facts.

I am curious about what kind of facts people need.
The correspondence showing that people have been banned has been provide.
The evidence that an attempt to censor information has been provided.
The evidence of people being placed in Q has been provided.
SC has stated that she has been locked out of a site that she bought and paid for.
Does anyone have any reason to not trust SC?

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds