In case anyone cares...

25 Jul 2013 21:59 #71 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic In case anyone cares...
Burn??? Anyway, I think the new site is fantastic and have retired to "the fire" for a long while. Absolutely an outstanding job SC, and to all that have helped you in this endeavor. My hat is forever off to you good Lady. Have a wonderful Friday and good day. :memorial:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2013 22:07 #72 by otisptoadwater
:yeahthat:

SC has busted her butt to stand up this new site and kept the ugly stuff mostly out of the public eye. BZ to SC for her tenacity and her never ending sense of duty to the community. SC, take a bow, you and your support crew deserve the honor and respect of your followers!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 Jul 2013 22:16 #73 by Pony Soldier
If what I'm reading is true, I'm truly astounded. What a slap to the face of a community and the businesses that have advertised with this site. SC, if there is anything I can do to help out, let me know.

25 Jul 2013 22:27 #74 by freebird
Replied by freebird on topic In case anyone cares...

dropout wrote:

pacamom wrote: "as that's how the former co-founder jmc insisted it be..."

How do you become a former co-founder? :)

As Jmc, I was a co founder but have not been involved for a long time."former" will come soon enough.
Giving people up here an alternative to Pinecam was the goal.

And I very much appreciated what you did, JMC. The alternative was much preferred back then as SC's site is much preferred, now.

Unfortunately, it seems some of the earlier, ugly pinecam control actions are being used now at 285B. It's sad.

I prefer to spend my time visiting SC's site and focus on positive changes.

Thanks SC for all of your hard work and effort. I haven't been able to find any technical glitches, yet, but I'll keep looking.

26 Jul 2013 00:29 #75 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic In case anyone cares...
Awww, thanks guys. I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable that y'all are being this nice to me - can someone kick me in the ass, tell me I'm an idiot, and make me feel more normal?! :biggrin:

Truly, almost all of the credit goes to the brilliant designer of this site , the owner of Complete Creative Services (and he's probably going to kick me for linking to his website before he's had a chance to redesign it because he's spent the last month and a half of his life, minus a short unintended break :wink: , working nonstop for My Mountain Town, but too damn bad!). I just provided input on how we wanted to serve the community, and the things we hadn't been able to do before and he blew me away with giving me those features and 1000% more that I'd not even known to ask for! When there was a technical problem that I swore wouldn't be overcome but mentioned it anyway because 'what the hell', he'd find a solution and get it fixed before the next time we talked. If you know of anyone whose business needs a new website, some marketing planning, or graphic design, you won't find anyone better because rarely do you find one person who can code in several languages, has been using Photoshop since it was version 0.5, can create beautiful artwork by hand (he's an incredibly talented artist as well - I covet several of his paintings!), and knows marketing inside and out so he can integrate all of these pieces to help your business. Sorry, I realize I'm gushing, but he's that good and this site is evidence of that. On the surface, it doesn't seem like all that and a bag of chips, but wait til we get going on a roll playing with the new stuff still to discover! <claps hands gleefully>

Just a heads-up, I have no idea how it's written as I've not seen any copy, but there's supposed to be an article in tomorrow's Flume about the new site, just fyi.

Your homework assignment for today: is to go to your Profile Page (it's the first option on the drop-down menu up at the top under the "Community" option) and write something on your Wall. Whatever strikes your fancy, it doesn't have to be a welcome message, it can be funny, offensive, thoughtful, brief, long, in a foreign language, or even just a Knock Knock joke. Then I want to see a thread started in the Introduction Junction forum by someone that says - Come Check Out My Wall, or Leave Me a Message on My Wall (you can put a link to your page, or we can click "Profile" at the bottom of your post), and whoever's completed their homework can post on the thread that theirs is done so we know to go check it out and leave you a reply! You'll have a new homework assignment tomorrow night! :graduate:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Jul 2013 07:53 #76 by Reverend Revelant

Science Chic wrote: Awww, thanks guys. I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable that y'all are being this nice to me - can someone kick me in the ass, tell me I'm an idiot, and make me feel more normal?! :biggrin:

You must be calling on me to come help you?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

26 Jul 2013 09:45 #77 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic In case anyone cares...
:rofllol I request only the best! :wink:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Jul 2013 09:57 #78 by Pony Soldier
SC, I've grown to like and trust you over time, but also have always gotten along well with CG. It does sound bad from what I've read here, but I also have to keep in mind that this is only half of the story while the other side is holding their tongue for legal reasons. I think I'll track with Rick and wait and see.

26 Jul 2013 15:30 #79 by Pony Soldier
I would like to add that I have talked with CG briefly and without details about this and I think these are things that should simply be handled by the legal system. I would hope that everyone here is adult enough not to ever threaten anyone over a business deal. I can understand being upset with one party or the other but please don't let upset go to another level and turn into threats. This is just my take on this and I have very few details - none of us do but the involved parties.

26 Jul 2013 15:48 #80 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic In case anyone cares...
From my POV......NOT knowing the details,BUT, there appears to be a discrepancy of interpretation of FRANCHISE as opposed to AFFILIATE...... because BOTH terms have been
used by each of the primary parties......LEGAL eagles will have to sort this out....because from
what I research those terms have DIFFERENT meanings.....JMO

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds