In case anyone cares...

24 Jul 2013 17:48 #51 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic In case anyone cares...

frogger wrote: No temper tantrum here. I think I have been pretty light handed so far LOL.

I asked you how you felt about people being banned and posts being removed. You didn't respond.

In my opinion, that was enough trust to breach with the membership.

Since I don't know what you said, I HAVE NO FACTS TO WORK WITH. I would imagine that if you were posting personal information about someone, that may be a reason to get banned... just a guess.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2013 18:05 #52 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

frogger wrote: I don't involve myself in a situation like this without a set of facts.

I haven't trusted CG for a long time, with good reason. Now the community can't trust her either.

A set of facts and All the facts are two different things. Your second sentence explains why you've chosen a side so quickly.

I'll say this AGAIN... I like and RESPECT both SC and CG and have never had a reason not to. That may change when I am given ALL the facts. But for now, I think it's a bit childish to have a tantrum about an issue you are not an integral part of.

Are you really claiming that the posters......the community members that make a message board a success, are not an integral part of that message board? We care, we spend a lot of time here, we support the businesses that advertise through the board, I have always looked at the frequent posters here as an on-line family. Dysfunctional maybe, but a kind of family or community.

[marquee:2nny4yem][/marquee:2nny4yem] I'm no more part of this BUSINESS than you are. I don't have the contract in front of me, nor do you. I also realize how muchwork SC put into the site and I would hate to see her harmed in any way. But this is a business deal and there are two sides. If If didn't feel the same way about CG, this would be an easier call. I won't pick a side based on what people say who are not part of the business in question. I think that's reasonable and rational.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Jul 2013 18:17 #53 by archer
Replied by archer on topic In case anyone cares...

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

frogger wrote: I don't involve myself in a situation like this without a set of facts.

I haven't trusted CG for a long time, with good reason. Now the community can't trust her either.

A set of facts and All the facts are two different things. Your second sentence explains why you've chosen a side so quickly.

I'll say this AGAIN... I like and RESPECT both SC and CG and have never had a reason not to. That may change when I am given ALL the facts. But for now, I think it's a bit childish to have a tantrum about an issue you are not an integral part of.

Are you really claiming that the posters......the community members that make a message board a success, are not an integral part of that message board? We care, we spend a lot of time here, we support the businesses that advertise through the board, I have always looked at the frequent posters here as an on-line family. Dysfunctional maybe, but a kind of family or community.

[marquee:24n4pnby][/marquee:24n4pnby] I'm no more part of this BUSINESS than you are. I don't have the contract in front of me, nor do you. I also realize how muchwork SC put into the site and I would hate to see her harmed in any way. But this is a business deal and there are two sides. If If didn't feel the same way about CG, this would be an easier call. I won't pick a side based on what peopel say who are not part of the business in question. I think that's reasonable and rational.

I am trying not to pick sides here, but it's hard. I have respect for both SC and CG for what they have built, but I disagree on your assessment that the members of this board are not a part of the business, without customers no business will survive. And customers have options......if the customer feels that they are not valued, they will go elsewhere. And right now I think the posters/customers are stuck in the middle....which site is which? There is duplication of threads, posters are divided between the two sites, we are being torn apart and it sucks, pure and simple.

24 Jul 2013 18:24 #54 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

[marquee:et6lf670][/marquee:et6lf670] I'm no more part of this BUSINESS than you are. I don't have the contract in front of me, nor do you. I also realize how muchwork SC put into the site and I would hate to see her harmed in any way. But this is a business deal and there are two sides. If If didn't feel the same way about CG, this would be an easier call. I won't pick a side based on what peopel say who are not part of the business in question. I think that's reasonable and rational.

I am trying not to pick sides here, but it's hard. I have respect for both SC and CG for what they have built, but I disagree on your assessment that the members of this board are not a part of the business, without customers no business will survive. And customers have options......if the customer feels that they are not valued, they will go elsewhere. And right now I think the posters/customers are stuck in the middle....which site is which? There is duplication of threads, posters are divided between the two sites, we are being torn apart and it sucks, pure and simple.

I agree to a point, but I have no more right to make judgements on a contract I've never seen than I would handing out a verdict in a trial of which I was only given partial evidence. Does that not seem reasonable and FAIR?

George Orwell

24 Jul 2013 18:26 #55 by mountaindollar
As business that posts I feel a lot of sadness.

I really hope that they work things out and I am sure when the dust settles we will all know.

I like the new site it seems to have some cool stuff and when I have a few moments I will play with them more.

24 Jul 2013 18:34 #56 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic In case anyone cares...

I like the new site it seems to have some cool stuff and when I have a few moments I will play with them more.

Agree!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

24 Jul 2013 18:40 #57 by archer
Rick....I don't think most of us are trying to be the judge on this issue, or declare one side right or wrong.....we are simply, and vocally, declaring our displeasure at what is happening to our on-line home. As a customer I have every right to post how I feel and what I think about the situation.....

24 Jul 2013 19:37 #58 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic In case anyone cares...
It is reasonable and rational Rick and I admire you for your position.
My question to you is how you felt about people being banned and posts being deleted. I am not a part of this business deal. I simply stated an opinion based on what I did know and was banned. Additional posts were removed when the banning was brought to the attention of the membership. That flies in the face of what 2B has always stood for. Someone made it personal. From my point of view, SC bought and paid for a site that she has now been locked out of and from my POV....that is wrong.
If SC was wrong to change the name and server.....the community should have been left out of it and it all should have been handled behind the scenes.

24 Jul 2013 21:22 #59 by Rick

frogger wrote: It is reasonable and rational Rick and I admire you for your position.
My question to you is how you felt about people being banned and posts being deleted. I am not a part of this business deal. I simply stated an opinion based on what I did know and was banned. Additional posts were removed when the banning was brought to the attention of the membership. That flies in the face of what 2B has always stood for. Someone made it personal. From my point of view, SC bought and paid for a site that she has now been locked out of and from my POV....that is wrong.
If SC was wrong to change the name and server.....the community should have been left out of it and it all should have been handled behind the scenes.

I've had posts removed/deleted before all this ever happened. One was for guessing who a poster was and the other was for laughing about a certain insult of a certain poster. Since I don't know what was deleted, I can't comment on whether it was warranted. Nobody has absolute freedom of speech here... I guarantee I could make a post right now that would be banished to internet hell.

I'm getting tired of defending my neutrality.

George Orwell

24 Jul 2013 21:31 #60 by archer

Rick wrote:

frogger wrote: It is reasonable and rational Rick and I admire you for your position.

I've had posts removed/deleted before all this ever happened. One was for guessing who a poster was and the other was for laughing about a certain insult of a certain poster. Since I don't know what was deleted, I can't comment on whether it was warranted. Nobody has absolute freedom of speech here... I guarantee I could make a post right now that would be banished to internet hell.

I'm getting tired of defending my neutrality.

And I'm tired of defending the fact that I really care what happens to this board........so sue me

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds