I am now in CG 's Q.

09 Aug 2013 07:26 #21 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Never had a popup in three years. Walter is right Blondie... ya got some bugs.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2013 08:01 #22 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic I am now in CG 's Q.

Walter L Newton wrote:

Blondie wrote: My suggestion is everyone stop posting everywhere. That ought to solve every thing. Personally I am sick of the pop ups I get from both sites. I am sorry that all the work Science Chic did to get advertisers is now for nothing. The advertisers must be confused as well. I wish you well Sharon. Bye.

Just a note. If you are getting popups from this site or the other site, then I can almost assure you that you have some sort of rogue adware that has installed itself on your computer.

Adware is a type of computer virus. I suspect your computer is infected. And if you see adware, you never know what other flavors of viruses are lurking on your machine.

If you have some sort of virus protection software, I would run a FULL scan on your system.

You may be putting personal info on your computer in jeopardy.

I have never seen a popup from this site or the other, the above sounds like good advice.

09 Aug 2013 08:04 #23 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Can this not be solved by just letting mymountaintown.com stand on its own? Just separate from bound sites, sounds like that has happened anyway.

Essentially just forget about 285bound and move forward here. It is just a website address and the advertisers are people that make decisions, they don't just do whatever someone else's lawyers say. Start forcing them to stay one place or the other against their will because of a ad contract and you will loose them forever.

It seems to me that bound is tainted fruit and should just be thrown away, from the perspective of mymountaintown.com.

I am not taking sides, because I know little, I just don't see the use in the association and the name change alone implies that whoever did it agrees.

09 Aug 2013 09:06 #24 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Hummmm....I rarely visit this www site - FYI there are 100E1000 sites of varying quality and content. This looks like a local food fight.....amusing ......nothing more. EACH www site stands in the well of competition.....the users will decide, the metrics rule, and money will flow to the most popular (Duhhhhhhh). FUN to watch.

09 Aug 2013 09:09 #25 by Rick

on that note wrote: Can this not be solved by just letting mymountaintown.com stand on its own? Just separate from bound sites, sounds like that has happened anyway.

Essentially just forget about 285bound and move forward here. It is just a website address and the advertisers are people that make decisions, they don't just do whatever someone else's lawyers say. Start forcing them to stay one place or the other against their will because of a ad contract and you will loose them forever.

It seems to me that bound is tainted fruit and should just be thrown away, from the perspective of mymountaintown.com.

I am not taking sides, because I know little, I just don't see the use in the association and the name change alone implies that whoever did it agrees.

Your post is similar to what I've been thinking. My only question is, why buy a Communities Bound website if you don't want to remain in a group of 6 CB sites with Bound in the name? I understand buying an established site pre-loaded with members and advertisers, but why not just change the name to Mountaintownbound? I hate to second guess here because I don't know what the contract says, but if all the forums have the same titles (courthouse, ring, etc)... why remove the "bound" ? Again SC, I don't know the circumstances but I'm guessing the name change is the biggest issue here.

Personally I think a Conifer/Bailey area specific site like mymountaintown could do just fine on it's own without buying a bound site. But I also understand nobody wants their investment to go down the toilet either.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Aug 2013 15:58 #26 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
But it's not just a web address, on that note. This business is entirely online - the value comes not only from members participating here but from the number of unique visitors to the site as well. After 3 years in existence, we've built up a considerable number of visitors each month who know the web address 285bound.com and it's those metrics that create the value in the site as that indicates how the website is ranked by Google and others (eg, where we rank in searches compared to others), and that traffic is what interests businesses in advertising here. And no, no advertiser is forced to be anywhere - they go where they see value, and where they receive good products and good service - as I stated in an earlier thread, if I don't provide that, I deserve to lose them.

Without 285bound.com redirecting to MyMountainTown.com, we lose the 3 year history built up in Google and a very significant, quantifiable portion of traffic to the site.

The name change was to help new people find us (and no, it was not the biggest problem, if even one at all - that was never brought up). People don't search a highway name to find information about an area, they search by town, or geographical keyword - that's why we switched, and it was allowed. This is not a franchise, there is no branding by "bound" name required. (and we're also going to be revamping the forums here shortly, just didn't want to throw too many changes at you and overload you with new stuff...wait til you see the new features in the pipeline...OMG!) tongue:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Aug 2013 17:52 #27 by deltamrey
These two www sites are not the only ones available.....100E1000 others to chose from.....all this is trivial.....ANYONE can start a new site cheaply......very. Competition thins the BS quickly.

09 Aug 2013 18:03 #28 by deltamrey
Focus on service, content and quality with a low level of censorship while maintaining civility.....all will win accordingly. Starting a new site is a business space as small as 285 area will cause issues........all should compete and keep the lawyers out of this.....that is so EAST COAST.....

09 Aug 2013 18:20 #29 by Rick

Science Chic wrote:
The name change was to help new people find us (and no, it was not the biggest problem, if even one at all - that was never brought up). People don't search a highway name to find information about an area, they search by town, or geographical keyword - that's why we switched, and it was allowed. This is not a franchise, there is no branding by "bound" name required.

Now I'm really confused... if the name change isn't the issue, can you say what is? I understand if you can't.

George Orwell

09 Aug 2013 19:10 #30 by deltamrey
I am sure the deputy really enjoyed that call.....poor soul.....probably also a big laugh in the station.......what are people really thinking. Cops have a lot better issues to deal with
if not we need a reduction in force.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds