I am now in CG 's Q.

08 Aug 2013 17:21 #11 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic I am now in CG 's Q.

towermonkey wrote: Without full knowledge of who is in the right, I won't follow that lead. Judging by the online responses, I have my gut feelings but nothing more. I can understand being a bit miffed, especially if you had coin invested, but isn't that what contracts are for? Or did you just give the money freely? If so, well then it's on you. I don't even trust family without a contract.

TM, I never wanted money, I wanted her to make a success of the concept.
I still don't want money just not ruin my reputation with her ego, a great opportunity.
This was not the vision I expected and hoped she would follow. This was and is not about money.
I have zero financial interest in either side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2013 17:51 #12 by archer
Replied by archer on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
JMC....I am really disappointed that you, by association, are affected by this. The model for Communities Bound is a sound one, and I thought showed great promise. I recently came across a similar model out of Florida.....they started with a website for the The Villages in Florida, a 55+ community ( http://talkofthevillages.com/forums/index.php ).....and now have started one for the Sun City communities across the country. The original message board has 34,000 members......the Sun City one is just starting, with a couple hundred so far.

I really hate seeing the future of Communities Bound put in jeopardy by this feud. Reputation in a community is everything, and this is certainly straining that both locally at 285Bound, and across the other communities that have Bound sites. Sad.

08 Aug 2013 18:47 #13 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Lawyers thrive on feuds and discourse.....they cannot eat otherwise. Open the local phonebook......thousand of lawyers looking for fee.....do not feed the industry....settle issues with civil exchange.

Hope this goes away...........BTW hundreds of recent law school grads are suing their schools because.......they cannot eat...........do not feed the system.

08 Aug 2013 19:16 #14 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
My suggestion is everyone stop posting everywhere. That ought to solve every thing. Personally I am sick of the pop ups I get from both sites. I am sorry that all the work Science Chic did to get advertisers is now for nothing. The advertisers must be confused as well. I wish you well Sharon. Bye.

08 Aug 2013 19:31 #15 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Silence is NEVER golden.......discourse is vital......this will pass.......

08 Aug 2013 21:31 #16 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Blondie, I am very sad to see you go and I hope you aren't gone for long.

The work for the advertisers is not for nothing, I've emailed all of them updates, they know what's going on, and everyone I've had a chance to speak to personally as well is 100% supportive of us and are not going anywhere - they believe in this site and what we do for the community and them. They see the support by the members too, and it's not lost on them. I've not asked them to request that their ads be removed from 285Bound because for now that's free advertising for them, and they deserve the traffic that's currently there that should be here.

Can you tell me more about these "pop-ups" that you get from this site? We do not have any pop-ups enabled here as I personally detest the living crap out of them. I don't even have Google Ads on this site - we only promote our local businesses with ads that rotate only when you refresh a page so I'm baffled as to where a pop-up could come from (do you have pop-up blocker turned on?) and if it's happening, I need to let the developer know so we can turn that sh** off. Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Aug 2013 21:39 #17 by Reverend Revelant

Blondie wrote: My suggestion is everyone stop posting everywhere. That ought to solve every thing. Personally I am sick of the pop ups I get from both sites. I am sorry that all the work Science Chic did to get advertisers is now for nothing. The advertisers must be confused as well. I wish you well Sharon. Bye.

Just a note. If you are getting popups from this site or the other site, then I can almost assure you that you have some sort of rogue adware that has installed itself on your computer.

Adware is a type of computer virus. I suspect your computer is infected. And if you see adware, you never know what other flavors of viruses are lurking on your machine.

If you have some sort of virus protection software, I would run a FULL scan on your system.

You may be putting personal info on your computer in jeopardy.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

08 Aug 2013 21:53 #18 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic I am now in CG 's Q.

Personally I am sick of the pop ups I get from both sites.

Pop ups? I must be doing something wrong (or maybe right), but I don't see any pop ups.

Silence is NEVER golden.......discourse is vital

Truth is not only violated by falsehood; it may be equally outraged by silence.
-- Henri Frederic Amiel

I tend to be silent more often than not, but in this case I think that what has been done to SC, the advertisers, and the members of the community is so outrageous that I have to speak up. IMO, the conduct of the owner of Communities Bound has been totally unprofessional, and defies any standards of good business operations.

I have no dog in this fight, other than wanting to see a business owner who has given her all to the community not be harmed for doing the best she can, while AFAIK conforming to all requirements of her contract.

i agree with those who have stated that this should never have been made a public issue by Communities Bound, without proper avenues to settle the dispute having been followed.

I continue to hope for a reasonable settlement of this issue, for the good of all involved.

But, I will NOT sit idly by and watch the reputations and businesses of others being unfairly, IMO, trashed, while the owner of Communities Bound violates the principles upon which 285Bound and Communities Bound were established.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

08 Aug 2013 23:01 #19 by BuyersAgent
Replied by BuyersAgent on topic I am now in CG 's Q.
Blondie, I don't get popups either and am one of the most amateurish computer users in the state, don't have any extra stuff like "firewalls" running or other protections in place.

Kathy G. Hansen
Broker/Owner
COLORADO HIGHLIGHTS REALTY
303-761-4046

08 Aug 2013 23:17 #20 by pineinthegrass
Replied by pineinthegrass on topic I am now in CG 's Q.

ColoradoKathy wrote: Blondie, I don't get popups either and am one of the most amateurish computer users in the state, don't have any extra stuff like "firewalls" running or other protections in place.

No wonder you can't get your original name back! :biggrin: :wink:

And I don't get any popups here either...

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds