Vote no on 4A

05 Nov 2013 21:53 #661 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Update 9:48

No change

ELK CREEK FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BALLOT ISSUE 4A (Vote for 1)

Percent Votes
Yes
Percent of total votes
59.25% 2,393
No
Percent of total votes
40.75% 1,646

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2013 21:58 #662 by FOS
The Flume calls it.

Jeffco voters support mill levy increase for Elk Creek Fire Protection District

A total of 59 percent of Jefferson County voters in the Elk Creek Fire Protection District supported a 2.5 mill increase for the Conifer-based district.

Results of the ballot issue were not yet available from Park County.

The money raised under the property tax increase – roughly $482,138 in 2014 – will be used to maintain the level of service in the district by replacing aging equipment, said District Fire Chief Bill McLaughlin.

http://www.theflume.com/news/article_25 ... f6878.html

05 Nov 2013 22:10 #663 by FOS
Get down to that fire house and celebrate MG....

ELK CREEK FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BALLOT ISSUE 4A (Vote for 1)

Percent Votes
Yes
Percent of total votes
59.24% 2,423
No
Percent of total votes
40.76% 1,667

05 Nov 2013 22:11 #664 by FNP
Replied by FNP on topic Vote no on 4A
Time to pull a cork

05 Nov 2013 22:12 #665 by FOS
Interesting that the poll here pretty closely followed the vote. Guess those 5 undecided decided.

:fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :fwave: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :givemebeer: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :woo hoo:

05 Nov 2013 22:17 #666 by FOS
Heck....you even won Park County over....That says something for sure.

05 Nov 2013 22:20 #667 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vote no on 4A
Whoo-hoo! Thank you to everyone who voted, and everyone who shared opinions, whether for or against.

I will continue to encourage you all to be involved - attend meetings, ask questions, volunteer at events, etc. An active community is a strong community and we benefit when more viewpoints are brought to the table and the organizations that serve us are scrutinized and either supported or not depending upon how well run they are. This measure is but the next step, not an end.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2013 22:29 #668 by MountainGirl44
Replied by MountainGirl44 on topic Vote no on 4A
I follow science chick....thank you community for listening, reading and engaging in discussion and debate....I am so proud to be a part of a community like Conifer....very excited tonight and thankful for our fire department and the support it has received from this community. We,love you ECFPD...keep doing what you do and stay safe doin it.

06 Nov 2013 03:33 #669 by Reverend Revelant
Replied by Reverend Revelant on topic Vote no on 4A
from heathrow airport

And now I have my work cut out me. I will continue to write and cover elk creek in the flume and we shall see if they follow through with their promises in proving the dept

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

06 Nov 2013 06:21 #670 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A
Thanks Walter. I think there will be quite a few watching. ECFD has been deplorable in the recent past and once some of the Board of Directors, Rogers immediately comes to mind, and some of the bad firefighters, Davis comes to mind, are removed there might be some improvement.

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds