Vote no on 4A

05 Nov 2013 14:45 #641 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Vote no on 4A
WindPeak, this letter was read at the February 2013 ECFPD BOD meeting - long before a mill levy was ever decided. I just clipped out that portion of the meeting only from the full video which is posted here: http://mymountaintown.com/forums/area-n ... ions/28224 because I haven't had time to get to the video I still need to make, which includes their testimonials.

You asked for proof that they all work together for the betterment of ECFPD. What was read in that letter proves that, not to mention the fact that it was signed by nearly every member of ECFPD. If you're looking for a group that is unified, serves its community, and each other, and has made ECFPD better, then this is it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2013 14:50 #642 by Venturer
Replied by Venturer on topic Vote no on 4A
In your dreams. And from a woman who doesn't even live in the district. Go pound sand somewhere else. Same response as above. Why would anyone expect any differently? Prove yourself firefighters. FOECFD have been a disgrace which reflects on ECFD. Vote NO on 4a

Science Chic wrote: WindPeak, this letter was read at the February 2013 ECFPD BOD meeting - long before a mill levy was ever decided. I just clipped out that portion of the meeting only from the full video which is posted here: http://mymountaintown.com/forums/area-n ... ions/28224 because I haven't had time to get to the video I still need to make, which includes their testimonials.

You asked for proof that they all work together for the betterment of ECFPD. What was read in that letter proves that, not to mention the fact that it was signed by nearly every member of ECFPD. If you're looking for a group that is unified, serves its community, and each other, and has made ECFPD better, then this is it.

05 Nov 2013 16:35 #643 by ScienceChic
LOL What does not living in the district have to do with anything regarding my answer? And how has FOECF been a disgrace?

Speaking of not living in the district, I still have donated to the fire department, even though I'm not required to do so, and I will continue donating to the district because I believe in this group and that this area deserves and needs more fire protection services.

And I hope that at some point you take the time to go to the fire station and start getting to know the fine men and women who serve there now, and you get more involved in the department. Only then can you truly make an informed decision as to the quality and integrity of the individuals involved in the organization. And if you find anything that's not right, then bring it to light as it deserves.

"I can think of nothing more gallant, even though again and again we fail, than attempting to get at the facts; attempting to tell things as they really are. For at least reality, though never fully attained, can be defined. Reality is that which, when you don't believe in it, doesn't go away." -Peter Viereck

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2013 19:08 #644 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic Vote no on 4A
Best of luck tonight guys.

05 Nov 2013 19:35 #645 by FOS
Early results

ELK CREEK FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BALLOT ISSUE 4A (Vote for 1)

Percent Votes
Yes
Percent of total votes
58.86% 2,238
No
Percent of total votes
41.14% 1,564

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com ... mary.html#

Go to page 8 for results

05 Nov 2013 20:09 #646 by FOS
Is it to early to congratulate Elk Creek Fire District?

05 Nov 2013 20:19 #647 by FOS
Update

ELK CREEK FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT BALLOT ISSUE 4A (Vote for 1)

Percent Votes
Yes
Percent of total votes
59.00% 2,343
No
Percent of total votes
41.00% 1,628

05 Nov 2013 20:27 #648 by MountainGirl44
Replied by MountainGirl44 on topic Vote no on 4A
I am cautiously optimistic.....

05 Nov 2013 20:37 #649 by FOS
Mountaingirl.....how many registered voters in Elk Creek's district?

05 Nov 2013 20:38 #650 by ScienceChic
I'm not one to count a decision too early, but it's looking really, really good. The number of ballots counted haven't changed in the past 15 minutes, and there are just over 5,000 residences in ECFPD's district. We haven't seen Park Co's results yet either.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds