Vote no on 4A

31 Oct 2013 12:12 #621 by Engineer2207
Replied by Engineer2207 on topic Vote no on 4A

Walter L Newton wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: No, I think Firemen are way overated as far as the "hero" thing goes...You don't do sh** 99.9% of the time, unless you count the endless fundraisers and planning events to honor yourselves...-But i'm a union man, I want more money in peoples hands, I want US to have a bigger slice of the giant economic pie. If it makes you feel any better though, I'm not crazy about dentists either..Thiefs!

Strange that a union man like yourself would trash other union members. Elk Creek Fire has 6 full time union members who man the fire station #1 24/7, and they all have training as firefighters and EMT's/paramedics.

You're looking REAL STUPID right now. I mean, more stupid than you usually look. This time stupid in big capital letters sort of stupid.

And you're not voting anything. You're not even in Elk Creek's district, unless they've moved your street about 8 miles east.[/quote

I have to dsagree with you calling BD stupid, Walter. That would be a compliment to them. I don't think language has created any descripitve word(s) for what BD and the gang are.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Oct 2013 12:19 #622 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Vote no on 4A
Firstly, learn how to use the quote feature, and secondly..I'm a free agent, i'm not in a gang- If somebody from the Right here thinks you are way overasted as well, then thats just the one square inch of common ground that we share here...

I hate most of these "guys"

31 Oct 2013 12:23 #623 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Vote no on 4A
You know what..Its really hard to get me upset here, actually its impossible, but you almost did it when you lumped me in with the Lunatic fringe backwood Right Wing lunatics here...

Watch it!

31 Oct 2013 16:59 #624 by Engineer2207
Replied by Engineer2207 on topic Vote no on 4A

Big Dougy wrote: Firstly, learn how to use the quote feature, and secondly..I'm a free agent, i'm not in a gang- If somebody from the Right here thinks you are way overasted as well, then thats just the one square inch of common ground that we share here...

I hate most of these "guys"

Settle down, forum cop.

31 Oct 2013 17:29 #625 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Vote no on 4A

deltamrey wrote: The kiddies in fire departments and cop coops have to find a way to justify their inability to expose themselves to real service in the military.....thus the bluster and BS hero crap. A few vets are in the culture but very few.

If by "vets" you mean neo-fascists such as yourself I don't consider that a plus. I consider that something we try to overlook.

01 Nov 2013 07:10 #626 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Vote no on 4A
deltamrey is what can be found in the dictionary between "senile" and "squid."

01 Nov 2013 11:58 #627 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
Fact Friday : Does the guy holding the sign needing fire really have his wife calling people to take it ?
If these guys can't fight their own battles for their own actions will they fight for you if you're in need or will they send in their wives? Maybe the ladies need the gear instead!

NO on 4A ! If there's no firehouse there's no firefighter's wives to protect, that would be a good start !

01 Nov 2013 15:19 #628 by OhSuzanna
Replied by OhSuzanna on topic Vote no on 4A
I feel if you vote yes you are just throwing away youre money, I agree ECFD has some old trucks but they are their tankers and did not pass the pump test spend the money and rebuild the pumps, I know these trucks dont roll on every call so they are fine. They just lost 3 paid positions that paid around $125,000.00 a year without benefits where is that money going? They also made around $165,000.00 with there new brush truck this year, that does not include what the FF got paid. Mr. Davis how many members of these big ROOKIE classes stay on the dept. for more than 3 years? Or are you spending the money to train them for another dept. I was just wondering what the pay at ECFD is compared to other depts. of youre similar size.

01 Nov 2013 15:30 #629 by GO UNION
Replied by GO UNION on topic Vote no on 4A
Maybe Elk Creek needs more women on the dept, there is never enough in the fire/ems business and they would'nt tolerate all the whining that the boys do there. A female firefighter retired from elk creek just a few years ago and she could run with a hose line and out pump everyone there today and her mothering ability to calm patients and protect male medical providers just by being there was invaluable resource. Too bad she was forced out and not invited to future banquets or functions by the current leadership.

How much have the ecfpd taxpayers paid in sexual harassment/ discrimination suits/ investigations? HOW much in payouts to the victims? What was done about it? Did the board of directors follow the guidelines/ recommendations by investigators to protect the female firefighters and tax payers? NOPE.. Did they fire any female firefighters after they filed a complaint? They sure did!

No on 4a

02 Nov 2013 18:25 #630 by Kassk20
Replied by Kassk20 on topic Vote no on 4A
GO UNION\n

Maybe Elk Creek needs more women on the dept, there is never enough in the fire/ems business and they would'nt tolerate all the whining that the boys do there. A female firefighter retired from elk creek just a few years ago and she could run with a hose line and out pump everyone there today and her mothering ability to calm patients and protect male medical providers just by being there was invaluable resource. Too bad she was forced out and not invited to future banquets or functions by the current leadership. quote]

There are a ton of current members (and some females) that would gladly take on that challenge…send her down.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds