Climate: Why I Believe, What It Would Take To Change My Mind

10 Feb 2024 06:30 - 10 Feb 2024 06:54 #111 by homeagain
www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb...ng-point-study-finds

SUB IS FREE.....IT HAS THE INFORMATION U REQUESTED (notice the date of article) the AP ARTICLE LINK posted,disappeared????? I hate websites...hard copy does NOT disappear in the blink of an eye.

I am not doing your research

www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/oce...udy-says/ar-BB1i2RAk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2024 08:36 #112 by Rick

homeagain wrote: www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/feb...ng-point-study-finds

SUB IS FREE.....IT HAS THE INFORMATION U REQUESTED (notice the date of article) the AP ARTICLE LINK posted,disappeared????? I hate websites...hard copy does NOT disappear in the blink of an eye.

I am not doing your research

www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/oce...udy-says/ar-BB1i2RAk

When I read an article, I am able to give a simple summary in my own words. I think this is something I learned early (3rd or 4th grade I think).

Ramage has the same frustration I do when you post something and you seem to be unwilling or unable to comment on it's meaning. I try to give you my interpretation so that you know I've actually read and understood what I'm using to make an argument.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

10 Feb 2024 09:06 #113 by homeagain
Ramage has the same frustration I do when you post something and you seem to be unwilling or unable to comment on it's meaning. I try to give you my interpretation so that you know I've actually read and understood what I'm using to make an argument.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.....SC has given u extensive pov about the subject, I,being metaphysical,have discussed this from my pov....(my pov is NOT "OUT THERE IN WOO-WOO LAND). The ability to understand the ramifications r REAL simple....Life crawled out of the water on to land, a gazillion years ago.
WATER is the essence of survival for EVERYTHING IN THIS ORB......i have already posted a thread about Gaia 's ability to self regulate...(do the research,the post is there) SELF REGULATING includes the ocean's ability to provide a re circulating system around the orb, that nurtures nutrients and life itself (aquatic and
land life)......if this system fails or becomes mitigated, guess what happens??? DIE OFF of millions of species.....THE 6th EXTINCTION....WHICH IS ALREADY OCCURRING. Is this clear enough for u??? Do u (collectively) absorb the essence of what we r "talking" about".....TALK is not going to save mankind,
ACTION is required. (AGAIN,I am elated I am in my last quarter of life...simply put,it is going to SUCK to
be here,unless everyone gets a clue and REAL FAST.

10 Feb 2024 09:34 #114 by FredHayek
Seven years ago in Denver today it was 73 degrees. Climate is always changing..

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Feb 2024 10:44 #115 by Rick

homeagain wrote: Ramage has the same frustration I do when you post something and you seem to be unwilling or unable to comment on it's meaning. I try to give you my interpretation so that you know I've actually read and understood what I'm using to make an argument.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM.....SC has given u extensive pov about the subject, I,being metaphysical,have discussed this from my pov....(my pov is NOT "OUT THERE IN WOO-WOO LAND). The ability to understand the ramifications r REAL simple....Life crawled out of the water on to land, a gazillion years ago.
WATER is the essence of survival for EVERYTHING IN THIS ORB......i have already posted a thread about Gaia 's ability to self regulate...(do the research,the post is there) SELF REGULATING includes the ocean's ability to provide a re circulating system around the orb, that nurtures nutrients and life itself (aquatic and
land life)......if this system fails or becomes mitigated, guess what happens??? DIE OFF of millions of species.....THE 6th EXTINCTION....WHICH IS ALREADY OCCURRING. Is this clear enough for u??? Do u (collectively) absorb the essence of what we r "talking" about".....TALK is not going to save mankind,
ACTION is required. (AGAIN,I am elated I am in my last quarter of life...simply put,it is going to SUCK to
be here,unless everyone gets a clue and REAL FAST.

Thank you HA, I always appreciate your own words even if I don't fully understand or agree with them.. As for SC's POV, she can speak for herself and I have no interest in reading stuff I already read years ago. If she still has a willingness to post in her forum, I'm sure she will... so that's really not a problem.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

13 Feb 2024 08:59 #116 by homeagain
UPDATE to this topic.........OOPS,we may have miscalculated.

www.sciencealert.com/its-confirmed-a-maj...-verging-on-collapse

Last year a concerning study suggested one of Earth's major ocean currents is racing towards collapse. Unfortunately, new data now backs that up.

"The temperature, sea level and precipitation changes will severely affect society, and the climate shifts are unstoppable on human time scales," the authors of the latest study warn in an article for The Conversation.

That's a terrifying prospect, and one of the most important parts of the new study is an early warning system, identified by Utrecht University oceanographer René van Westen and colleagues.

This glimpse into the future could provide the world with at least some capacity to prepare for what's to come.

"We were able to develop a physics-based and observable early warning signal involving the salinity transport at the southern boundary of the Atlantic Ocean," Van Westen and team explain.

13 Feb 2024 11:24 #117 by FredHayek
The other point SC made was to read the original papers. Do not trust the media headlines about those papers.

If a paper says an 80% chance of an outcome and a 5% chance of a really bad outcome. They will publish the disaster scenario.

13 Feb 2024 15:29 #118 by FredHayek

Attachments:

13 Feb 2024 16:31 #119 by ramage
Fred,
Accept the fact that climate change is real. It started with the beginning of planet Earth. What is of recent origin is the notion that the occidental people are responsible for it and they are zealots in the climate change cause. Much like religious zealots they will brook no other idea.
As your post shows the "cause" turned 180 degrees from "No end to the cooling trend" to we will all die in 5 years due to climate change. Unfortunately as their cause is debunked, they become more strident and in instances, violent.
Articles with such seeping generalizations, "The temperature, sea level and precipitation changes will severely affect society, and the climate shifts are unstoppable on human time scales" are ridiculous on their face.
Translation of the quote, " the weather changes and effects humans" If it looks like rain be sure to take an umbrella.

13 Feb 2024 16:43 #120 by koobookie
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds