Climate: Why I Believe, What It Would Take To Change My Mind

23 Aug 2019 11:57 #81 by Brandon
That's a gracious offer, but the Urals aren't a very desirable location.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2019 15:16 #82 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote: MIGHT want to research how VITAL the rain forest is. With the wide spread wildfire that is wiping out massive amounts of ""climate control"........you just might become a believer in the science....
but hey that is JMO.

If that is in response to my post it is just changing the subject.
Any thoughts on Forbes deleting a differing view point?

23 Aug 2019 15:53 #83 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

homeagain wrote: MIGHT want to research how VITAL the rain forest is. With the wide spread wildfire that is wiping out massive amounts of ""climate control"........you just might become a believer in the science....
but hey that is JMO.

If that is in response to my post it is just changing the subject.

Any thoughts on Forbes deleting a differing view point?

www.sciencebits.com/forbes-censored-interview-me

The COMPLETE comments by the interviewee......I am not a scientist,but within the content he
speaks of cloud cover.....I think that DIRECTLY relates to the rainforests and defoliation(and NOW wildfires).......FORBES is remiss in its retraction/revision.

23 Aug 2019 19:38 #84 by ramage
HomeAgain,
Perhaps you might consider Cassandra as your sorbiquet. Another possibility is Chicken Little. What do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

24 Aug 2019 08:01 - 24 Aug 2019 08:25 #85 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HomeAgain,
Perhaps you might consider Cassandra as your sorbiquet. Another possibility is Chicken Little. What do you think?

HM-M-M......since Cassandra did ,in fact, predict the FALL OF TROY and that the trojan horse
would be the instrument.....ALEX, I will pick the former.

Oh by the way.....since her brother also had the gift ( she bestowed upon him) HOW PERFECTLY FITTING that even in the present.....MEN are believed over women......things remain the same it seems....."wheels keep turning"

www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=E0dhX...=wheeels+kept+t&gs_l

05 Sep 2019 14:42 - 05 Sep 2019 14:42 #86 by ramage
Well, MMTers,
Did the CNN climate change symposium make you feel warm and fuzzy? What candidate impress you the most?

05 Sep 2019 18:16 - 05 Sep 2019 18:24 #87 by FredHayek
Bernie Sanders threatening to abort people in the developing world. The new imperialism? Instead of gunboats and McDonalds, it will now be Planned Parenthood and free morning after pills! Have to keep the population down, by force if necessary!

BTW, the ratings for the Enviroment Debate were the lowest of the news channels. I would love to see a new poll showing what Americans are most worried about. I think the environment ranks pretty low. Just saw the Economist saying that investment in alternative energy is declining, not only in the US, but also Europe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Sep 2019 19:20 #88 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: Bernie Sanders threatening to abort people in the developing world. The new imperialism? Instead of gunboats and McDonalds, it will now be Planned Parenthood and free morning after pills! Have to keep the population down, by force if necessary!

BTW, the ratings for the Enviroment Debate were the lowest of the news channels. I would love to see a new poll showing what Americans are most worried about. I think the environment ranks pretty low. Just saw the Economist saying that investment in alternative energy is declining, not only in the US, but also Europe.

Clearly he does not like black or brown people.

08 Sep 2019 19:48 #89 by Blazer Bob
"Chief of World Meteorological Organization Castigates Climate Alarmists
BY IVAN PENTCHOUKOV
September 8, 2019 Updated: September 8, 2019Share

The head of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) issued an unprecedented rebuke to climate alarmists in an interview published by a Finnish magazine on Sept. 6.

Petteri Taalas, the secretary-general of the WMO, told Talouselämä magazine called for a calm and rational approach to the climate debate, and disagreed with those who are promoting end-of-the-world scenarios."...

www.theepochtimes.com/chief-of-world-met...armists_3073666.html

08 Sep 2019 21:41 #90 by FNP
Just found this report in my weekend science reading. PhD author, Peer reviewed, nationally recognized journal. doi.org/10.3389/feart.2019.00223

More math than I want to or can wade thru. What he is saying is that the errors from long wave cloud forcing exceed the modeled tropospheric energy flux from green house gasses by a factor of +/- 144. Or put simply, the climate modelers temperature projections are trying the equivalent of measuring centimeters with a system calibrated in meters and that given the propagation of error in the models, it is not possible to detect a much smaller anthropogenic green house gas warming signal with their models. The present CIMP5 models are not fit for purpose.

The propagation of error in general circulation models is the reason the weather folks do not publish forecasts much beyond 7 days.

All but 1 of the global climate models run hot [the data do not agree with the theory [models] so I have to go with Dr. Richard Feynman Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

So to your point #2. It appears that the impact of cloud cover might be far more important than CO2 as the cause of the warming we are seeing but until we understand the variable contribution of clouds in the energy budget, we will not be able to determine if CO2 is the principal warming cause to address.

The rest of the symptoms we worry about are due to warming. But without a provable proximate principle cause for warming, deciding on policy to control warming is politics, emotion based, or consensus based. None of them are science based processes.

Karl Popper is credited with something like “A million successful experiments cannot prove a theory correct, but one failed experiment can prove a theory wrong.” The models run hot compared to the data and apparently the error propagation in the models renders them unfit for the purpose of projecting climate warming or detecting a "CO2 warming signal" in the global climate temperature.

I remain undecided.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds