Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

03 Mar 2014 14:45 #121 by Rick
I remember my dad telling me that voting for Romney would be voting for another cold war... I guess I should have voted for Obama.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2014 15:13 #122 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: I remember my dad telling me that voting for Romney would be voting for another cold war... I guess I should have voted for Obama.

Just like when the liberals promised if the GOP won, millions of Americans wouldn't have health insurance? Guess what? It has been years since ACA passed and more people are without health insurance under Obama than they were under "W".

Want to feel old? 2014 is the 25th anniversary of the Berlin Wall coming down.
44 years only from 1945 to 1989.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Mar 2014 17:17 #123 by LadyJazzer
And of course, your SOURCE for that would be.....?

:rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO:

[crickets chirping]

03 Mar 2014 17:33 #124 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: And of course, your SOURCE for that would be.....?

72 Million Will Go Without Health Insurance Under Romney’s Health Plan
ThinkProgress.org

One of the myriad things presidential contender Mitt Romney has pledged to do on day one of his presidency is to repeal the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s signature health care reform legislation, and replace it with “market drive” reforms. But a new study estimates that the effort would actually increase the number of uninsured Americans to 72 million and increase costs across the board.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10 ... 2-million/

ThinkProgress is a liberal American political blog that "provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies".[2] It is an outlet of the Center for American Progress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinkProgress

There. Now crawl back in your hole.

:rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO:

[crickets chirping]

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

03 Mar 2014 17:37 #125 by Rick

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote: I remember my dad telling me that voting for Romney would be voting for another cold war... I guess I should have voted for Obama.

Just like when the liberals promised if the GOP won, millions of Americans wouldn't have health insurance? Guess what? It has been years since ACA passed and more people are without health insurance under Obama than they were under "W".

Well Romney did say this:

"On Day 1 of my administration, I'll direct the secretary of Health and Human Services to grant a waiver from Obamacare to all 50 states. And then I'll go about getting it repealed," he told Newsmax TV in September 2011.

And NPR writer says this:

In this case, the part of the law that allows the president to grant states waivers doesn't actually kick in until 2017. And even the waivers that are allowed require states to cover as many uninsured people as would be covered by the Affordable Care Act.

He must have been shocked when Obama unilaterally changed the law over and over giving businesses and individuals waivers in order to save his fellow Democrats. If Romney was allowed the same power as Obama has given himself, he could have stopped the ACA but I doubt he would have been dumb enough not to keep the good parts of the law and then just expand medicare for those who can't afford insurance. There would be a high cost for that but not nearly as high or as damaging to the country as the ACA.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2012/10 ... -t-be-easy

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Mar 2014 17:39 #126 by Rick

Reverend Revelant wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: And of course, your SOURCE for that would be.....?

72 Million Will Go Without Health Insurance Under Romney’s Health Plan
ThinkProgress.org

One of the myriad things presidential contender Mitt Romney has pledged to do on day one of his presidency is to repeal the Affordable Care Act, President Obama’s signature health care reform legislation, and replace it with “market drive” reforms. But a new study estimates that the effort would actually increase the number of uninsured Americans to 72 million and increase costs across the board.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/10 ... 2-million/

ThinkProgress is a liberal American political blog that "provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies".[2] It is an outlet of the Center for American Progress.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ThinkProgress

There. Now crawl back in your hole.

[crickets chirping]

If some facts fall into LJ's brain but she's too afraid to accept them, do they make a sound?

George Orwell

03 Mar 2014 17:49 #127 by HEARTLESS
Breaking News
Obama threatens Putin with Obamacare if an immediate withdrawal doesn't happen.

:rofllol

The silent majority will be silent no more.

03 Mar 2014 17:55 #128 by FredHayek
Obama tells Putin if he likes Crimea he can keep Crimea. On a more serious note Poland and Lithuania are invoking Article 4 of the NATO charter because they are concerned and feel threatened by Putin's statement saying Russia has a right to protect Russians in other nations. NATO will meet this week.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Mar 2014 18:01 #129 by Reverend Revelant

FredHayek wrote: Obama tells Putin if he likes Crimea he can keep Crimea. On a more serious note Poland and Lithuania are invoking Article 4 of the NATO charter because they are concerned and feel threatened by Putin's statement saying Russia has a right to protect Russians in other nations. NATO will meet this week.

There goes Brighton Beach NY.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

03 Mar 2014 21:39 #130 by otisptoadwater
Just in time for the late winter Russian invasion of Ukraine, Ronco records brings you this limited time offer of a sound track to commemorate the occasion for all time:

Hurry! You can own the complete collection for three low payments of $999.99! Supplies are limited and demand is high for this one time only offer! Don't let this opportunity pass you by, order NOW!

Go Barry, go! :Hammer: :smackshead: :letsfight:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds