Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

02 Mar 2014 12:00 #81 by archer

Reverend Revelant wrote:
Show me conservatives that approve of what Putin is doing?

Why would I want to show you conservatives that approve of what Putin is doing when I never said that they do? Really RR, your reading comprehension sucks. I said they admire Putin......to admire someone is not to automatically approve of everything they do.

What I do find interesting is that with all the condemnation of how Obama is handling this situation, no one really wants to go on record and say what he should do differently right now....only a lot of rehashed rhetoric about how weak and indecisive he is. not making a hasty decision may well be a conscious decision to hold back until we and our allies have a united response.....we should not do something on our own, and PhotoFish is right, that the action by Putin more directly effects Europe. I have seen calls for throwing Russia out of the G8, wouldn't that be something the other 7 countries do together, not just the US alone? Maybe it is being considered by all those countries along with the US. But it is just so easy to throw insults at Obama because he didn't personally call you up and tell you what he is planning.

Yet the conservatives here and on the news shows are full of criticism for what Obama isn't doing, even though it has been only a few days, there is more than just the US to consider, and we don't know what all is going on behind the scenes. But carry on, never let a good opportunity to hate on Obama and liberals go to waste

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2014 12:07 #82 by Reverend Revelant

Top Democrats are jumping all over Mitt Romney for comments he made about Russia.

Both Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton paint the likely Republican nominee as stuck in the days of the Cold War.

This all goes back to President Obama's so-called hot-mic controversy - when Mr. Obama was heard asking Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for some "space" on a European missile defense system. The President said he would have more "flexibility" after the November election.

Romney slammed Mr. Obama after that incident, calling Russia "our number one geopolitical foe."

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2012/ ... is-russia/

Whoops.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2014 12:07 #83 by archer

Reverend Revelant wrote: I'm still waiting for Archer's links to conservatives who are giving respect and warm approval to Putin?

Oh gosh, I hope you are not holding your breath.......respect? warm approval? The word is admire.....not respect, not approve, not warm approval (really? did you just make that up?)

02 Mar 2014 12:09 #84 by archer

Reverend Revelant wrote:

Top Democrats are jumping all over Mitt Romney for comments he made about Russia.

Both Vice President Joe Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton paint the likely Republican nominee as stuck in the days of the Cold War.

This all goes back to President Obama's so-called hot-mic controversy - when Mr. Obama was heard asking Russian President Dmitry Medvedev for some "space" on a European missile defense system. The President said he would have more "flexibility" after the November election.

Romney slammed Mr. Obama after that incident, calling Russia "our number one geopolitical foe."

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2012/ ... is-russia/

Whoops.

I guess Romney didn't get the memo from the conservatives here on MMT

02 Mar 2014 12:11 #85 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Why would I want to show you conservatives that approve of what Putin is doing when I never said that they do? Really RR, your reading comprehension sucks. I said they admire Putin......to admire someone is not to automatically approve of everything they do.

Read the dictionary definition of admiration again.

ad·mi·ra·tion
ˌadməˈrāSHən/Submit
noun
respect and warm approval.

You said "The admiration is evident."

Your language skills sucks.

Backing out so soon. I thought you would tap dance a little longer. I was enjoying the performance.

02 Mar 2014 12:13 #86 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Reverend Revelant wrote: I'm still waiting for Archer's links to conservatives who are giving respect and warm approval to Putin?

Oh gosh, I hope you are not holding your breath.......respect? warm approval? The word is admire.....not respect, not approve, not warm approval (really? did you just make that up?)

No

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/admiration

ad·mi·ra·tion noun \ˌad-mə-ˈrā-shən\
: a feeling of great respect and approval

You said "admiration." Feel the suck.

02 Mar 2014 12:20 #87 by archer
from Fred:

I can respect Putin's amazing political abilities even if I dislike his tactics and results.

Vladamir Putin totally outplayed both Kerry and Obama this week without using fear and intimidation. Putin is like a street-smart fox. And Obama is like a ivory tower professor with little real world experience.

From Rick

I like ONE aspect of his leadership style... standing up for his country and not kissing ass. Doesn't mean I like him, his country, or his policies.

Well what do ya know....you can admire and not approve.....who knew?

Go look those up if you are interested.

02 Mar 2014 12:21 #88 by Reverend Revelant
And here... just in case you try to deflect by saying "amire" is different than "admiration."

ad·mire verb \əd-ˈmī(-ə)r\
: to feel respect or approval for (someone or something)

: to look at (something or someone) with enjoyment

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona ... 1393787993

Next!!!

02 Mar 2014 12:23 #89 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: from Fred:

I can respect Putin's amazing political abilities even if I dislike his tactics and results.

Vladamir Putin totally outplayed both Kerry and Obama this week without using fear and intimidation. Putin is like a street-smart fox. And Obama is like a ivory tower professor with little real world experience.

From Rick

I like ONE aspect of his leadership style... standing up for his country and not kissing ass. Doesn't mean I like him, his country, or his policies.

Well what do ya know....you can admire and not approve.....who knew?

Go look those up if you are interested.

ad·mi·ra·tion noun \ˌad-mə-ˈrā-shən\
: a feeling of great respect and approval

I don't see the word "admire" or "admiration" in any of those quotes? What am I missing? Who's approving anything?

02 Mar 2014 12:24 #90 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Well what do ya know....you can admire and not approve.....who knew?

Not according to the dictionary - approval is part of the concept.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds