Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

02 Mar 2014 08:11 #61 by archer

Arlen wrote:

archer wrote: What an opportunity for the US, bring back the draft, enlarge our military, let's invade Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Venezuela. And that is just for starters.....ramp up the war machine, it's good for the economy. Think of the benefits, young people into the military and off the unemployment rolls, permanently if they die in the war. Or maybe it would be better to just bomb them all into oblivion, we can save all those people by killing them, makes sense.

Idiocy!

Exaactly, but it sure sounds like that is what many conservatives are advocating for,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2014 08:12 #62 by FredHayek

archer wrote: What an opportunity for the US, bring back the draft, enlarge our military, let's invade Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Venezuela. And that is just for starters.....ramp up the war machine, it's good for the economy. Think of the benefits, young people into the military and off the unemployment rolls, permanently if they die in the war. Or maybe it would be better to just bomb them all into oblivion, we can save all those people by killing them, makes sense.

So you would have stood by and let the Final Solution be carried out?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2014 08:17 #63 by Arlen

archer wrote:

Arlen wrote:

Idiocy!

Exaactly, but it sure sounds like that is what many conservatives are advocating for,

You are not dealing with facts on the ground, but rather would assign motivation to your political opponents. Liberals are mind readers!

02 Mar 2014 08:49 #64 by Rick

archer wrote:

Arlen wrote:

Idiocy!

Where are you finding these "many conservatives"? I sure haven't heard that kind of talk.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Mar 2014 08:59 #65 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Sure Arlen, let's blame Chamberlin for WWII, we wouldn't want to blame the man you seem to admire so much, Hitler. And now the conservatives have transferred their admiration to Putin, there could be a pattern here.

Oh boy. Back up this claim. Link me to some conservatives that are admiring Putin and what he is doing in eastern Ukraine.

Back up your statement.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2014 09:28 #66 by archer

Reverend Revelant wrote:

archer wrote: Sure Arlen, let's blame Chamberlin for WWII, we wouldn't want to blame the man you seem to admire so much, Hitler. And now the conservatives have transferred their admiration to Putin, there could be a pattern here.

Oh boy. Back up this claim. Link me to some conservatives that are admiring Putin and what he is doing in eastern Ukraine.

Back up your statement.

I didn't say they admired what Putin is doing in Ukraine, though it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Read through this and other threads that mention Putin, he is described as strong, a real leader, etc. The admiration is evident.

02 Mar 2014 09:45 #67 by Blazer Bob
"Canada recalling ambassador from Moscow over Russian intervention in Ukraine"...

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/canada-recalli ... z2upBPHRDT

02 Mar 2014 09:50 #68 by Venturer
And why we have to be very careful who we elect as President. Obama is so weak and has proven that all his 'don't do that' doesn't mean squat to Putin. After all Putin is just protecting his borders. Ooops that there has been some spill over into Ukraine. Try and stop him. A hoot that Kerry is prepared to put sanctions in place and boycott the G8 Summit. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-kerry- ... -invasion/ I am sure this will stop Putin in his tracks! Like someone said in jest in an earlier post send Kerry back to Vietnam. He did such a bang up job there.

02 Mar 2014 10:00 #69 by Arlen
I just listened to Kerry on Face the Nation. He mentioned "modern" and "21st Century" many times when speaking about resolution of international problems. He says that nations do not implement 19th century aggression in this modern age.

Kerry lives in the liberal's fantasy land which has the veneer of civilization. THE WORLD WORKS BY BRUTE FORCE, not conversation.

Kerry and Obama threaten to boycott the G8 meeting. That is the coward's strategy. Rather then hurt ourselves by boycotting, let's kick Russia out of the G8. That is more aggressive and offensive.

Let's park our battleships next to the Russian ships at Cuba. That is aggressive.
Let's start steaming toward the Mediterranean. That's aggressive.

02 Mar 2014 10:03 #70 by ScienceChic

Rick wrote: Here's a good game, read this and give your own personal interpretation, you too SC... been missin your insight lately (seriously I have) :Angel:

Mr Medvedev, who steps down in May, said he would pass on Mr Obama's message to his successor Vladimir Putin, according to an audio recording of comments the two leaders made during a meeting in Seoul, South Korea.

Mr Obama says: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space."

Mr Medvedev replies: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you …"

Mr Obama retorts: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barac...-after-election.html

Without having access to more evidence as to what Obama has actually done since the Nov 2012 elections, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to whether it's an innocent remark regarding the fact that election season is grueling and time-consuming and he merely didn't have time to deal with the issue that wasn't a critical priority then, or that he meant something more sinister such as he doesn't have to listen to the public anymore because he won't face another election and having to appeal to voters so he can do what he damn well wants.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds