Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

01 Mar 2014 20:36 #51 by otisptoadwater

Cathy_Lee wrote: What did the U.S. do when Russia invaded Georgia?

Almost nothing. Speeches and that was about all. I can't speak to the unofficial actions that may or may not have taken place; covert actions taken by our government may have taken place but even if they did take place they didn't do much to change what happened in Georgia.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2014 20:58 #52 by Cathy_Lee

Reverend Revelant wrote:

archer wrote: Yet again, exactly what would you want the US to do about it? Y'all are big on criticism, short on constructive ideas.

We have an agreement with NATO, the blueprints for what we HAVE to do has already been set in stone. Did you look up that Budapest Memorandum I told you about. Probably not or else you would have the answer to your question.

A closer look at the Budapest Memorandum shows the specifics might be more complex than some are assuming. Article one of the agreement states:

The United States of America, the Russian Federation, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine … to respect the Independence and Sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine.

Reaffirming a “commitment” to Ukraine’s borders and being legally required to go to war are two very different ideas.

Source: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02 ... th-russia/

01 Mar 2014 21:55 #53 by Rick
Here's a good game, read this and give your own personal interpretation, you too SC... been missin your insight lately (seriously I have) :Angel:

Mr Medvedev, who steps down in May, said he would pass on Mr Obama's message to his successor Vladimir Putin, according to an audio recording of comments the two leaders made during a meeting in Seoul, South Korea.

Mr Obama says: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defence, this, this can be solved but it's important for him to give me space."

Mr Medvedev replies: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you …"

Mr Obama retorts: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barac...-after-election.html

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Mar 2014 05:54 - 02 Mar 2014 08:57 #54 by Reverend Revelant

March 1st 2014

"Russia retains the right to protect its interests and the Russian-speaking population of those areas."

Oct. 1st 1938

The Sudetenland was made up mostly of ethnic Germans, and Hitler gained the territory by proclaiming himself a champion of these citizens.

Chamberlain’s and Daladier’s appeasement policies did not limit Hitler’s ambitions, but allowed him to increase the power of the Third Reich. As a result of these policies, World War 2 broke out, and much of Europe was devastated because of it.

George Santayana "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2014 06:49 #55 by homeagain

02 Mar 2014 07:01 #56 by FredHayek
In 1939 when Germany was invading Poland to because Germans located in Danzig asked for protection, isolationists in America said we were crazy to get involved and no one could stand up to NAZI Germany.

And on a sidebar: last week the Hague did a study about the horrors of North Korea and how it was just as bad as NAZI Germany or Stalinist Russia. Considering the US military is so big, time to take out Kim and his brutal family? Imagine how many people would have been saved if we had entered World War II earlier?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Mar 2014 08:00 #57 by Arlen

archer wrote:

Arlen wrote: Reminds one of Chamberlain and Hitler, doesn't it? And Putin is using the same excuse as Hitler: to protect the ethnic Russians (Hitler was protecting ethnic Germans).
Obama and Chamberlain. Peas in a pod.

Are you advocating for WWIII over this?

The lack of strength and will of Chamberlain caused WWII. Even Hitler admitted that very fact. Obama's lack of strength and will may very well cause WWIII.

02 Mar 2014 08:02 #58 by archer
What an opportunity for the US, bring back the draft, enlarge our military, let's invade Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Venezuela. And that is just for starters.....ramp up the war machine, it's good for the economy. Think of the benefits, young people into the military and off the unemployment rolls, permanently if they die in the war. Or maybe it would be better to just bomb them all into oblivion, we can save all those people by killing them, makes sense.

02 Mar 2014 08:05 #59 by Arlen

archer wrote: What an opportunity for the US, bring back the draft, enlarge our military, let's invade Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria and Venezuela. And that is just for starters.....ramp up the war machine, it's good for the economy. Think of the benefits, young people into the military and off the unemployment rolls, permanently if they die in the war. Or maybe it would be better to just bomb them all into oblivion, we can save all those people by killing them, makes sense.

Idiocy!

02 Mar 2014 08:09 #60 by archer
Sure Arlen, let's blame Chamberlin for WWII, we wouldn't want to blame the man you seem to admire so much, Hitler. And now the conservatives have transferred their admiration to Putin, there could be a pattern here.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds