Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

28 Feb 2014 22:48 #11 by pineinthegrass

archer wrote: And you would like us to do what? Attack Russia? Send troops to Ukraine? Yeah, that worked so well for us in Iraq and Afghanistan...... Nothing makes us feel so good as Republicans on the war path.

Well, here is an opinion from a "Republican" who is obviously dumb and knows far less about this than you.

Chess champion Garry Kasparov criticises Obama for 'negotiating with a dictator' during Ukraine crisis

The human rights advocate blasted the US President for America's foreign policy in a series of tweets

Antonia Molloy

Wednesday, 26 February 2014

A chess champion and chairman of the Human Rights Foundation has criticised US President Barack Obama for America’s foreign policy.

Garry Kasparov, who was born in the former Soviet Union, slammed Obama for “negotiating” with Russia during the Ukraine crisis.

In a series of tweets he questioned Obama's relationship with President Vladimir Putin, following Ukraine’s ousting of Russia-backed President Viktor Yanukovych.

“Amazing in Ukraine. Yanukovich was running, the people were fighting for freedom, and Obama was chatting with Putin,” Kasporav tweeted on Saturday.

“Obama should read the Declaration of Independence every bedtime. Then [he] could never negotiate with a dictator instead of supporting the people,” he added.

The former World Chess Champion suggested that American intervention would be detrimental to the situation in Ukraine.

“I've said it before, but if Barack Obama had been president instead of Ronald Reagan, I'd still be a citizen of the Soviet Union,” he said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/chess-champion-garry-kasparov-criticises-obama-for-negotiating-with-a-dictator-during-ukraine-crisis-9154971.html#

Or if you don't believe that article, read his tweets instead....

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63

I do agree with no intervention, though I assume that he means military force. The main point is what he thinks about how the Obama administration is handling this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Feb 2014 23:17 #12 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: And you would like us to do what? Attack Russia? Send troops to Ukraine?.

Nah. I would settle for the d's finding an adult who has a clue how the world works for your next presidential nominee. Enough fairy dust and unicorn farts.

01 Mar 2014 06:32 #13 by Rick

BlazerBob wrote:

archer wrote: And you would like us to do what? Attack Russia? Send troops to Ukraine?.

Nah. I would settle for the d's finding an adult who has a clue how the world works for your next presidential nominee. Enough fairy dust and unicorn farts.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :YeahThat:

Meanwhile Hillary is getting a box of reset buttons ready. (made in China of course)

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Mar 2014 07:08 #14 by homeagain

BlazerBob wrote:

UNSURE of unicorn farts and fairy dust....PRETTY SURE we are looking a 4 dollar a gallon gas
and THAT will impact the delivery chain for all goods.....going to be a "scary spring/summer"JMO

01 Mar 2014 09:57 #15 by archer
Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

01 Mar 2014 10:03 #16 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

Hey Archer. Get a little education. Look up Budapest Memorandum with Ukraine of December 5, 1994. There's going to be a test and you're going to have to have your big boy balls on to answer the questions.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Mar 2014 10:05 #17 by homeagain
The backing of NATO IS MANDATORY.....we can NOT do this alone, however, unfortunately,O's
handling of Syria is a cue for Putin ( he WILL continue to show his "stones" because he does NOT
believe O has any.) JMO

01 Mar 2014 10:11 #18 by Reverend Revelant
And just in case anyone missed this this morning...

Russian President Vladimir Putin has asked parliament for approval to use the country’s military in Ukraine, the Kremlin said in a statement Saturday.

Putin said the move is needed to protect ethnic Russians and the personnel of a Russian military base in Ukraine’s strategic region of Crimea.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukrain ... ine-n41861

Of course, he asks his parliament AFTER he has already place 6000 troops there, helicopters, tanks and personal carriers.

Sounds like Obama has another line to look at?

01 Mar 2014 10:16 #19 by Reverend Revelant
Upper house to demand recall of Moscow ambassador to U.S.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's upper house of parliament will ask President Vladimir Putin to recall Moscow's ambassador from the United States, the chamber's speaker said on Saturday.

Valentina Matviyenko, the head of the Federation Council, asked the Council's Committee on Foreign Affairs to draw up a proposal setting out the demands to Putin.

(Reporting by Lidia Kelly, Editing by Tikothy Heritage)

http://news.yahoo.com/upper-house-deman ... QAp0nQtDMD

01 Mar 2014 10:18 #20 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

Palin called this 4 years ago, Kasparov calls it... I suspect Obama read about it in some newspaper.. huh?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds