Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

01 Mar 2014 10:38 #21 by Rick

archer wrote: Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

Oh really archer? No "saber rattling"? What does it mean when Obama says not to do something or "there will be consequences"? Obama wants it both ways... he wants to talk tough about consequences, but like Syria, he will just lay down and let his red lines get washed away. None of those leaders fear his "consequences" and his saber may as well be a French baguette, that would be just as threatening. If he want to be a bystander in these conflicts, that's fine, but he shouldn't be making empty threats of consequences which we all know he'll never back up.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2014 10:44 #22 by Reverend Revelant
And while we are at it...

Russia Seeks Access to Bases in Eight Countries for Its Ships and Bombers
February 28, 2014 - 5:09 AM

At a time of escalated tensions with the West over Ukraine, Russia says it is negotiating with eight governments around the world for access to military facilities, to enable it to extend its long-range naval and strategic bomber capabilities.

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said Wednesday the military was engaged in talks with Cuba, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Algeria, Cyprus, the Seychelles, Vietnam and Singapore.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick ... nd-bombers

Just a few more places that the Russians can launch "uncontested arrivals" (Obama administration term) from.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Mar 2014 10:47 #23 by archer
Yet again, exactly what would you want the US to do about it? Y'all are big on criticism, short on constructive ideas.

01 Mar 2014 10:48 #24 by HEARTLESS
An idiot community organizer seems very scary. :rofllol

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Mar 2014 10:52 #25 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: Yet again, exactly what would you want the US to do about it? Y'all are big on criticism, short on constructive ideas.

We have an agreement with NATO, the blueprints for what we HAVE to do has already been set in stone. Did you look up that Budapest Memorandum I told you about. Probably not or else you would have the answer to your question.

I gave you all the constructive stuff you need. But like your dear leader, weakness and lack or decisiveness clouds your ability to expand your knowledge.

Do some homework.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Mar 2014 10:55 - 01 Mar 2014 10:56 #26 by archer

Rick wrote:

archer wrote: Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

Oh really archer? No "saber rattling"? What does it mean when Obama says not to do something or "there will be consequences"? Obama wants it both ways... he wants to talk tough about consequences, but like Syria, he will just lay down and let his red lines get washed away. None of those leaders fear his "consequences" and his saber may as well be a French baguette, that would be just as threatening. If he want to be a bystander in these conflicts, that's fine, but he shouldn't be making empty threats of consequences which we all know he'll never back up.

Which doesn't answer the question of what you want the US to do.

01 Mar 2014 10:56 #27 by HEARTLESS
archer, for starters, how about not do what the idiot sheeple propose. Don't cut the military and close bases? Give the UN and NATO the ultimatum on action against the Evil Empire?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 Mar 2014 10:56 #28 by pineinthegrass

Reverend Revelant wrote:

Hey Archer. Get a little education. Look up Budapest Memorandum with Ukraine of December 5, 1994. There's going to be a test and you're going to have to have your big boy balls on to answer the questions.

I'd also suggest Archer read up on Gary Kasparov and his long history of fighting for human rights and his opposition to Putin. Plus he's been chair of the Human Rights Foundation since 2011. That organization deals with human rights internationally.

Yeah, I'd say he's pretty well qualified to speak about foreign affairs, Putin and Obama.

01 Mar 2014 11:00 #29 by FredHayek
I think we have to listen to Archer and just wash our hands of this mess. The Ukrainians know who their neighbor is and you don't piss off the bear by attempting to break away from Putin's sphere of influence. Especially when you have a weak American POTUS as an ally.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Mar 2014 11:05 #30 by archer
You all keep dancing around the question. What do we do right now, do you want Obama or the Congress to go to war with Russia? Do you want the US to send troops into Ukraine? Do you want us to make hasty decisions on our own or work with the UN and our allies on a united reaction? You all are talking on and on about what isn't being done, but still offering nothing of a constructive nature. RR , as many times as you have chastised me for asking people to look things up on their own you post is just so much noise.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds