Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

01 Mar 2014 18:06 #41 by Arlen

archer wrote: Well there ya go, a chess player as expert on foreign affairs. Can't argue against that. Personally I think Obama is doing exactly what is best in this situation right now, hold back, make known what our opinion is of Putin's actions, let the Ukrainians decide what they want to do and wait till they either ask for assistance from the world community or work on a solution with Russia. Saber rattling by the US is counter productive. Putin is a bully, and he rules with the bully mentality..... It's obvious the Republicans admire him, which I find rather disconcerting. The USA does not need a bully for a president, yet that sounds like what some Republicans are looking for.... Chris Christie comes to mind.

A situation which Obama created by his last 5 years of apology, bluff, indicision, and weakness. And now we are supposed to forget that Obama is responsible for the current disdain in which the strong nations of the world regard us? Obama caused this situation to develop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Mar 2014 18:11 #42 by archer
I hope the focus stays on diplomacy and economic or trade sanctions. This country has no appetite for armed intervention, well maybe some do but I believe the majority do not. Like I said before, I believe Obama is handling this the way it should be, with restraint and without escalating the situation. As to how the US is perceived by other nations, I hate to bring in the "blame Bush" argument, but if ever that argument is valid this is the perfect place for it.

01 Mar 2014 18:17 #43 by Arlen
Reminds one of Chamberlain and Hitler, doesn't it? And Putin is using the same excuse as Hitler: to protect the ethnic Russians (Hitler was protecting ethnic Germans).
Obama and Chamberlain. Peas in a pod.

01 Mar 2014 18:38 #44 by archer
The only people who sound sillier than Monday morning and armchair quarterbacks are Monday morning and armchair presidents.

01 Mar 2014 18:39 #45 by Reverend Revelant
In an effort to show his solidarity with the Ukrainian people, President Obama declared war on 3 uninhabited islands in the South Pacific.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

01 Mar 2014 18:42 #46 by archer

Arlen wrote: Reminds one of Chamberlain and Hitler, doesn't it? And Putin is using the same excuse as Hitler: to protect the ethnic Russians (Hitler was protecting ethnic Germans).

Are you advocating for WWIII over this?

01 Mar 2014 19:17 #47 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

Arlen wrote: Reminds one of Chamberlain and Hitler, doesn't it? And Putin is using the same excuse as Hitler: to protect the ethnic Russians (Hitler was protecting ethnic Germans).

Are you advocating for WWIII over this?

Why don't you comment on this agreement... "Ukraine Strategic Partnership Commission
Joint Statement of the Second Session of the United States-Ukraine Strategic Partnership Commission"

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2010/07/143943.htm

Get back to us after you read it.

01 Mar 2014 19:37 #48 by deltamrey
WWIII.....????? No way Sheeple.......NATO. has no stones.....but the most to loose......Putin has a standing army unmatched by any Western power......including ALL of NATO......controls the natural gas to Europe, has thousands of nuclear weapons and boomers off our coasts.......we are in a depression, reducing our army, broke, with weak leadership........who would you bet on in this little contest. ????

01 Mar 2014 19:57 #49 by Reverend Revelant

deltamrey wrote: WWIII.....????? No way Sheeple.......NATO. has no stones.....but the most to loose......Putin has a standing army unmatched by any Western power......including ALL of NATO......controls the natural gas to Europe, has thousands of nuclear weapons and boomers off our coasts.......we are in a depression, reducing our army, broke, with weak leadership........who would you bet on in this little contest. ????

You may be right. Obama has already weakened Central and Eastern Europe by refusing to help build new missile defenses...

Obama has given up proposed missile defense sites in Poland and the Czech Republic (sometimes called the "third site"). They argue that this will will serve to embolden Russia and increase our vulnerability to Iran's missile capabilities.

http://csis.org/blog/obama-throwing-eas ... -under-bus

Obama already gave Russia all the leeway they needed to pull stunts like we see in the Ukraine.

01 Mar 2014 20:31 #50 by Cathy_Lee
What did the U.S. do when Russia invaded Georgia, Czechoslovak or Hungary?

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds