Russia might invade Ukraine if Obama wins

02 Mar 2014 12:25 #91 by archer
Whatever, you're right, I'm wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Mar 2014 12:27 #92 by Reverend Revelant

1902 GMT: The United states government is now reporting that Russian troops have flooded Crimea today, reinforcing Russian positions there:

The U.S. has tracked “thousands more” Russian troops flowing into Crimea on Sunday to reinforce Russian positions there, a senior U.S. official said.

The official also said there has been no violence involving the Russian troops, and no evidence of shots fired. Few other details of the troop movements were available. Russia has thousands of members of its armed forces already stationed in Crimea.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/deadly-clas ... in-ukraine

Getting crowded over there.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2014 12:29 #93 by archer
RR, I admire your ability to annoy the heck out of posters you don't like, but I most certainly do not approve of how you do it.

02 Mar 2014 13:22 #94 by Blazer Bob

Photo-fish wrote:

archer wrote: I didn't say they admired what Putin is doing in Ukraine, though it wouldn't surprise me if they do. Read through this and other threads that mention Putin, he is described as strong, a real leader, etc. The admiration is evident.

Bingo!
The ultra right seem to be jealous of Russia for having a corrupt ruthless psychopath in office. Why can't WE have a corrupt ruthless psychopath of our own? Why can't we simply proclaim that being gay is a crime like Russia did, Why can't we imprison girl groups for 'insulting the nation' like Russia did? We're missing out on all the fun!

Bush saw into Putin's soul, saw he was a good man. What happened there?

Wow, between the two of you there are more misunderstandings of the right than Carter has liver pills.

02 Mar 2014 13:57 #95 by archer
I don't think Carter has liver pills anymore. I think we understand the right better than you would like us to.

02 Mar 2014 14:38 #96 by hillfarmer
Thanks, Archer - one sane comment in this swamp of foolishness. I don't think we can afford to spend a few trillion this time to puff up the chests of our neoconservatives.

02 Mar 2014 14:52 #97 by Arlen

archer wrote:
What I do find interesting is that with all the condemnation of how Obama is handling this situation, no one really wants to go on record and say what he should do differently right now....only a lot of rehashed rhetoric about how weak and indecisive he is. not making a hasty decision may well be a conscious decision to hold back until we and our allies have a united response.....we should not do something on our own, and PhotoFish is right, that the action by Putin more directly effects Europe. I have seen calls for throwing Russia out of the G8, wouldn't that be something the other 7 countries do together, not just the US alone? Maybe it is being considered by all those countries along with the US. But it is just so easy to throw insults at Obama because he didn't personally call you up and tell you what he is planning.

Yet the conservatives here and on the news shows are full of criticism for what Obama isn't doing, even though it has been only a few days, there is more than just the US to consider, and we don't know what all is going on behind the scenes. But carry on, never let a good opportunity to hate on Obama and liberals go to waste

Arlen wrote:
Kerry lives in the liberal's fantasy land which has the veneer of civilization. THE WORLD WORKS BY BRUTE FORCE, not conversation.

Kerry and Obama threaten to boycott the G8 meeting. That is the coward's strategy. Rather then hurt ourselves by boycotting, let's kick Russia out of the G8. That is more aggressive and offensive.

Let's park our battleships next to the Russian ships at Cuba. That is aggressive.
Let's start steaming toward the Mediterranean. That's aggressive.

How 'bout them apples, archer.

02 Mar 2014 15:13 #98 by Reverend Revelant

Kerry on the Crimea situation...

"President Putin is not operating from a place of strength here."

You just don’t in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext, It is serious in terms of sort of the modern manner with which nations are going to resolve problems. There are all kinds of other options still available to Russia. There still are. President Obama wants to emphasize to the Russians that there are a right set of choices that can still be made to address any concerns they have about Crimea, about their citizens, but you don’t choose to invade a country in order to do that.

Kerry. Putin doesn't care. Yes he behaves like he's in the 19th century. He doesn't care about your Candy Land "modern manner." He doesn't care about your "right set of choices."

Is Kerry smoking dope? If these statements aren't the height of ignorance of the realities of the world, I don't know what is.

Kerry... throw your medals at Putin, that'll show him!!!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

02 Mar 2014 15:15 #99 by LadyJazzer
Wow, you're right Archer... They STILL can't answer your question with anything more than the usual diatribes from the fact-free, source-free echo-chamber. I guess they still don't understand the question.

02 Mar 2014 15:34 #100 by homeagain
HEY...it's the M.O.....no one responded to the NYTimes piece on history retrospect regarding
this topic....the reason? "Cause it so-o-o much more fun to be outraged.....WHERE was the
outrage and mondo discussion on Syria and chemical weapons? THAT overlooked mistake is
far,far more egregious than this present situation....JMO

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds