gov improving their skills at euthanizing bovine herds.

27 Apr 2014 20:33 #121 by LadyJazzer

Ashley wrote: I have listened to some of his stuff. I don't see him as being racist.

That's YOUR problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2014 20:35 #122 by LadyJazzer

otisptoadwater wrote:

The standard teabagger response that if you call someone on their obvious racism that makes the person who calls it for what it is a "racist" is cute, but a meaningless GoTP talking-point.

Still can't get it to work, Toad? I guess that's because the racist twit really is a RACIST.

27 Apr 2014 20:37 #123 by archer
Sometimes a racist is just a racist, and deserves to be labeled as such.

27 Apr 2014 20:57 #124 by Ashley
Sometimes a left wing fanatic is just a left wing fanatic and deserves to be labeled as such.

27 Apr 2014 21:04 #125 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, I always thought Hannity and the Koch Brothers/AFP were left-wing fanatics in hiding ... :biggrin:

But "Sovereign Citizens"...? Now, THERE'S your cop-killers and domestic terrorists...

27 Apr 2014 22:11 #126 by archer

Ashley wrote: Sometimes a left wing fanatic is just a left wing fanatic and deserves to be labeled as such.

Too lazy to think up an original post?

27 Apr 2014 22:26 #127 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote:

otisptoadwater wrote:

The standard teabagger response that if you call someone on their obvious racism that makes the person who calls it for what it is a "racist" is cute, but a meaningless GoTP talking-point.

Still can't get it to work, Toad? I guess that's because the racist twit really is a RACIST.

:clap: Toofer. You got to use teabagger and racist in one post.

27 Apr 2014 22:36 #128 by otisptoadwater
LJ and archer, give it a rest. You're just agitating the audience because the sheep continue to drink the Kool-aid.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 Apr 2014 08:33 #129 by ScienceChic
I've been pondering for some time now why racism, in regards to politics, has become such a recent hot topic, why it's the latest "outrage talking point'. Yes, we had our first black president elected but that was, frankly, years ago and it seems to have become a huge story only recently. What's really going on? My best guess: society tends to focus on that which it notices is changing and it fears change. It fights back against change in order to hold onto the status quo, the 'good old days'. Then I saw this article, and it made sense to me.

What do you think?

The Next America
By Paul Taylor
Published April 10, 2014

Demographic transformations are dramas in slow motion. America is in the midst of two right now. Our population is becoming majority non-white at the same time a record share is going gray. Each of these shifts would by itself be the defining demographic story of its era. The fact that both are unfolding simultaneously has generated big generation gaps that will put stress on our politics, families, pocketbooks, entitlement programs and social cohesion.

● America’s Racial Tapestry Is Changing

At the same time our population is going gray, we’re also becoming multi-colored. In 1960, the population of the United States was 85% white; by 2060, it will be only 43% white. We were once a black and white country. Now, we’re a rainbow.

Our intricate new racial tapestry is being woven by the more than 40 million immigrants who have arrived since 1965, about half of them Hispanics and nearly three-in-ten Asians.

● Immigration Is Driving Our Demographic Makeover
● Intermarriage Blurs Labels
● Changing Perception of 'Mixed Race'
● The Generational Divide
● The Age, Race Voting Gaps
● Liberal Youth, Conservative Elders
● The Young Are Less Religiously Affiliated
● The Technology Gap

The Showdown
● We Have a Big Challenge Ahead

At a time when young and old don’t look alike, think alike or vote alike, how will America modernize its entitlement programs so they're in sync with its new demographics? How can we keep faith with the old without bankrupting the young and starving the future? It will be difficult.

● Support for Retirement
● Saving the Safety Net
● Over the Horizon

If Americans can bring to the public square the same genius for generational interdependence they bring to their family lives, the politics of these issues will become less toxic and the policy choices less forbidding.

That’s a big 'if.' But it’s a start.

All of the bulleted points have paragraphs and/or graphs of data - it's long but absolutely worth a look and some time analyzing.

This is just one of the graphs in the article - check out the percentages. Notice that race was the 2nd lowest rated problem. The biggest conflict is between party affiliation - what does that tell you? I have an idea, but I'd like to hear yours first.
File Attachment:

From http://www.pewresearch.org/next-america ... he-Horizon

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Apr 2014 08:45 #130 by FredHayek
Or maybe racism is making the news because it is more and more rare? Usually the news doesn't cover the everyday, they cover the unusual. And when you are seeing the billionaire, Jewish, owner of an NBA team making racist comments, it is news because he should know better. And you would think a Jewish man of his age who lived through decades of anti-semitic discrimination would be much more tolerant to minorities.
Bundy? Small potatoes compared to Sterling.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds