gov improving their skills at euthanizing bovine herds.

28 Apr 2014 08:54 #131 by LadyJazzer
The GoTP is finally realizing that they're running out of "old, angry white guys". The $10-million post-mortem from the 2012 election fell on deaf ears, and they've just decided to keep on hating on all the demographic groups they've hated on before. Sooner or later the gerrymandered districts that they set up for political advantage are going to fall victim to the same aging of the population that the rest of the country is seeing.

They may see some congressional pickups in 2014, but we've seen the last Republican president in my lifetime. By 2016, they will lose the White House, and the "old, angry white guys" will continue to die off at an even faster rate. The anger and panic you sense are the realization of the Right-wing that they have nothing to sell to the population but the usual anger, hatred, oligarchy and trickle-down garbage that history has shown hasn't worked, doesn't worked, and won't work.

Keep pushing the evangelicals over issues they've already lost...Keep pushing the War on Women while the governorships and state legislatures continue to flip...Keep campaigning against the minority groups, who will outnumber the old, angry white guys in just a few years....Even faster as their white guy constituency dies off.

I hope they jus' keep doin' what they're doin'.

And I'm not the only one that thinks so:

“I think Republicans will not win again in my lifetime for the presidency unless they become a new GOP, a new Republican Party,” Kentucky senator and presidential hopeful Rand Paul claimed in an interview with Glenn Beck in February. Or as David Axelrod, Obama’s former chief political strategist, recently observed from the other side of the aisle: “The Republican Party today is, at its core, a mostly Southern, white, old, evangelical party” and is therefore “incapable of winning a general election for president.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2014 09:19 #132 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: The GoTP is finally realizing that they're running out of "old, angry white guys". The $10-million post-mortem from the 2012 election fell on deaf ears, and they've just decided to keep on hating on all the demographic groups they've hated on before. Sooner or later the gerrymandered districts that they set up for political advantage are going to fall victim to the same aging of the population that the rest of the country is seeing.

They may see some congressional pickups in 2014, but we've seen the last Republican president in my lifetime. By 2016, they will lose the White House, and the "old, angry white guys" will continue to die off at an even faster rate. The anger and panic you sense are the realization of the Right-wing that they have nothing to sell to the population but the usual anger, hatred, oligarchy and trickle-down garbage that history has shown hasn't worked, doesn't worked, and won't work.

Keep pushing the evangelicals over issues they've already lost...Keep pushing the War on Women while the governorships and state legislatures continue to flip...Keep campaigning against the minority groups, who will outnumber the old, angry white guys in just a few years....Even faster as their white guy constituency dies off.

I hope they jus' keep doin' what they're doin'.

And I'm not the only one that thinks so:

“I think Republicans will not win again in my lifetime for the presidency unless they become a new GOP, a new Republican Party,” Kentucky senator and presidential hopeful Rand Paul claimed in an interview with Glenn Beck in February. Or as David Axelrod, Obama’s former chief political strategist, recently observed from the other side of the aisle: “The Republican Party today is, at its core, a mostly Southern, white, old, evangelical party” and is therefore “incapable of winning a general election for president.”

The Republicans might be running out of old racist white guys but the Dems still have the old, racist white guy Donald Sterling. Making money off black players but not letting them sit with him or his girlfriend.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Apr 2014 10:01 #133 by LadyJazzer
:Snooze

I think you're in the wrong thread... Why don't you move your irrelevant crap to:

Donald Sterling NBA Team Owner Makes Racist Comments

How profound... But since you're in the mode of having to have the last word, ... you got it.

28 Apr 2014 10:04 #134 by FredHayek
Don't you hate when you want to blame Republicans as being racist when you have Democrat racists in power, and not being called out. The NAACP even gave him an award, even though the Feds had charged him with refusing to rent to minorities. If the Dem is a big contributor, we will ignore his racism?

Pause, while I wait for LJ to get her talking points from the Daily Kos...

28 Apr 2014 10:08 #135 by LadyJazzer
The NAACP DID NOT "give him an award" ... You should try reading NEWS instead of FauxNoise some time.

Deflect much?

28 Apr 2014 10:24 #136 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Don't you hate when you want to blame Republicans as being racist when you have Democrat racists in power, and not being called out. The NAACP even gave him an award, even though the Feds had charged him with refusing to rent to minorities. If the Dem is a big contributor, we will ignore his racism?

Pause, while I wait for LJ to get her talking points from the Daily Kos...

Don't you hate it when your talking-point blows up in your face--again:

Oh, how eager the conservative press is to call Donald Sterling a Democrat! It’s all part of their larger fantasy narrative about conservatism and race.

First of all, I’ve been amused at how eagerly the right-wing press has pounced on the “fact” that Sterling is a Democrat. To my knowledge, there is no such established fact at this point. This is based on two political contributions he made many moons ago.

Apparently, when the story broke Saturday morning, everyone in the cyberworld somehow glommed onto a 2011 list published at a site called RealGM that listed the political contributions of NBA owners. This list said Sterling had donated to two Democrats, Gray Davis and Bill Bradley, and that these were long ago, going back to “the early 1990s.”

The Web site of the Sunlight Foundation tells us that this isn’t quite right—a Donald Sterling of Beverly Hills actually gave $5,000 to Davis more recently, in 2002, which was, incidentally, a campaign in which the Davis operation was known to be putting the shoulder on people harder than almost any campaign in history. The Bradley donation, of $2,000, was made in 1989, as Bradley was a year out from his second re-election bid. It was not, in other words, for Bradley’s presidential campaign. So Sterling’s big Democratic donations, made 12 and 25 years ago, hardly make him some kind of Sheldon Adelson of the left.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... acism.html

Dang...I hate it when that happens... :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

But y'all keep those "Democrat racist" stories coming...

28 Apr 2014 10:28 #137 by FredHayek
Very good, you found your slanted source talking point. The Daily Beast really?
Is HuffPo still in their jammies?

28 Apr 2014 10:34 #138 by LadyJazzer
Why don't you tell us more about the NAACP award (that didn't happen), and the two campaign donations from 12 & 25 years ago. I'd love to hear the "slanted" take from the FauxNoise side. Surely you have a SOURCE or a LINK to that..? Something that PROVES he's a Democrat?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

Deflect much?

#tooinformedtovoterepublican

28 Apr 2014 13:33 #139 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Why don't you tell us more about the NAACP award (that didn't happen), and the two campaign donations from 12 & 25 years ago. I'd love to hear the "slanted" take from the FauxNoise side. Surely you have a SOURCE or a LINK to that..? Something that PROVES he's a Democrat?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

Deflect much?

#tooinformedtovoterepublican

From your article that you linked to...

“Let me make it clear, the NAACP will not be honoring Mr. Sterling at the upcoming Los Angeles branch event and we have strongly urged our Los Angeles unit to take the necessary steps to rescind the previous award they bestowed on him.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... r=Politics

Of course, LJ won't see this, since she has me and just about everyone except her favorite play toy Fred, on ignore.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

28 Apr 2014 13:44 - 28 Apr 2014 13:55 #140 by FredHayek
HuffPo? Really? And LJ didn't think this should be added to the discussion?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds