gov improving their skills at euthanizing bovine herds.

28 Apr 2014 13:48 #141 by Mary Scott

Reverend Revelant wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: Why don't you tell us more about the NAACP award (that didn't happen), and the two campaign donations from 12 & 25 years ago. I'd love to hear the "slanted" take from the FauxNoise side. Surely you have a SOURCE or a LINK to that..? Something that PROVES he's a Democrat?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

Deflect much?

#tooinformedtovoterepublican

From your article that you linked to...

“Let me make it clear, the NAACP will not be honoring Mr. Sterling at the upcoming Los Angeles branch event and we have strongly urged our Los Angeles unit to take the necessary steps to rescind the previous award they bestowed on him.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/2 ... r=Politics

Of course, LJ won't see this, since she has me and just about everyone except her favorite play toy Fred, on ignore.

Fred could show it to her if he didn't have that aversion to links. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2014 18:23 #142 by LadyJazzer
Still waiting for that SOURCE or a LINK to something that PROVES he's a Democrat?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

Deflect much?

#tooinformedtovoterepublican

30 Apr 2014 17:52 #143 by Blazer Bob

LadyJazzer wrote: That "IRS" dog doesn't hunt any more...But you hang on to it. When you have nothing else, you can drop that or "Benghazi" in a sentence.

[youtube:e7a0fw0s]
[/youtube:e7a0fw0s]

30 Apr 2014 21:02 #144 by swansei
Kuddos to Judicial Watch for going the extra mile.

Couldn't believe Jay Carney trying to say that what Judicial Watch asked for and got didn't pertain to Benghazi. When does the lying stop.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... azi-video/

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... One is by sword...The other is by debt." John Adams 1826.

30 Apr 2014 23:57 #145 by archer

swansei wrote: Kuddos to Judicial Watch for going the extra mile.

Couldn't believe Jay Carney trying to say that what Judicial Watch asked for and got didn't pertain to Benghazi. When does the lying stop.

When does the witch hunt stop?

01 May 2014 06:15 #146 by HEARTLESS
When the witches are dead and buried.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 May 2014 09:04 #147 by Venturer
Seeking the truth is a witch hunt? Let the witch hunt continue then.

archer wrote:

swansei wrote: Kuddos to Judicial Watch for going the extra mile.

When does the witch hunt stop?

01 May 2014 10:09 #148 by Pony Soldier
God! This forum is just dripping with hate and venom any more. What a bunch of sickos.

01 May 2014 12:29 #149 by ScienceChic
I disagree. Some threads get more contentious than others because of the subject material, but if you read every thread on the first page right now you will see that most are not nearly as heated as this one. That's why I asked what I did a couple of pages back to get a discussion going on as to why this is such a vitriolic topic. I know on a forum it's easier to lump others whom you disagree with into a category and assume they are like those reported on in the news, but we're all more complex people that that and putting more thought into the "why" behind it can be a much more fun, and maybe even productive conversation.

ScienceChic wrote: I've been pondering for some time now why racism, in regards to politics, has become such a recent hot topic, why it's the latest "outrage talking point'. Yes, we had our first black president elected but that was, frankly, years ago and it seems to have become a huge story only recently. What's really going on? My best guess: society tends to focus on that which it notices is changing and it fears change. It fights back against change in order to hold onto the status quo, the 'good old days'. Then I saw this article, and it made sense to me.

What do you think?

The Next America
By Paul Taylor
Published April 10, 2014

Demographic transformations are dramas in slow motion. America is in the midst of two right now. Our population is becoming majority non-white at the same time a record share is going gray. Each of these shifts would by itself be the defining demographic story of its era. The fact that both are unfolding simultaneously has generated big generation gaps that will put stress on our politics, families, pocketbooks, entitlement programs and social cohesion.

● America’s Racial Tapestry Is Changing

At the same time our population is going gray, we’re also becoming multi-colored. In 1960, the population of the United States was 85% white; by 2060, it will be only 43% white. We were once a black and white country. Now, we’re a rainbow.

Our intricate new racial tapestry is being woven by the more than 40 million immigrants who have arrived since 1965, about half of them Hispanics and nearly three-in-ten Asians.

● Immigration Is Driving Our Demographic Makeover
● Intermarriage Blurs Labels
● Changing Perception of 'Mixed Race'
● The Generational Divide
● The Age, Race Voting Gaps
● Liberal Youth, Conservative Elders
● The Young Are Less Religiously Affiliated
● The Technology Gap

The Showdown
● We Have a Big Challenge Ahead

At a time when young and old don’t look alike, think alike or vote alike, how will America modernize its entitlement programs so they're in sync with its new demographics? How can we keep faith with the old without bankrupting the young and starving the future? It will be difficult.

● Support for Retirement
● Saving the Safety Net
● Over the Horizon

If Americans can bring to the public square the same genius for generational interdependence they bring to their family lives, the politics of these issues will become less toxic and the policy choices less forbidding.

That’s a big 'if.' But it’s a start.

All of the bulleted points have paragraphs and/or graphs of data - it's long but absolutely worth a look and some time analyzing.

This is just one of the graphs in the article - check out the percentages. Notice that race was the 2nd lowest rated problem. The biggest conflict is between party affiliation - what does that tell you? I have an idea, but I'd like to hear yours first.
File Attachment:

From http://www.pewresearch.org/next-america ... he-Horizon

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

03 May 2014 21:25 #150 by Pony Soldier
I think people are being fed a bunch of talking points that drive a wedge between us for the simple reason that it keeps them from noticing what is really going on. Yeah, we all have differing points of view, but I think we could all agree that congress passing laws that only benefit a particular lobbyist is wrong, so it is easier to keep us looking the other way. This is child's play to them any more because Americans eat it up with such fervor. But that's just my wacked out world view. By all means everyone, continue to cut each other to pieces.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds