Bergdahl - The Hypocrisy and Hate Must End

03 Jun 2014 11:25 #1 by ScienceChic
You Must Read This.

Negotiating With Terrorists
Jim Wright, Stonekettle Station
June 2, 2014

We don’t negotiate with terrorists?

Jesus Haploid Christ, we do business with terrorists on a daily basis and have all the way back to WWII when we contracted with the Mafia to run arms into occupied Sicily.

If our people aren’t worth four or five terrorists sitting in a Gitmo prison cell, then you tell me why we’ve spent the last fourteen years in two wars, why we traded the lives of six thousand servicemen and why we killed hundreds of thousands Iraqis and Afghans to avenge three thousand Americans.

Dead or alive, we get our people home, whatever the cost, that’s the one promise that must never be broken. The day we forget that, the day the fear of “what will the terrorists think” becomes more important to us than that sacred obligation, that’s the day America dies.

http://www.stonekettle.com/2014/06/nego ... rists.html
https://www.facebook.com/Stonekettle
https://twitter.com/Stonekettle

John McCain was released thanks to an exchange of prisoners.
http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=119272
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/factsh ... p?id=14412

Support Our Troops *some exceptions apply :smackshead:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2014 11:47 #2 by Nobody that matters
I think one of the main points of contention in this story is that Bergdahl is considered by many to be a deserter - not a prisoner, but a willing and sympathetic member of the enemy force.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

03 Jun 2014 11:55 #3 by FredHayek
And might have voluntarily given out info that put his former comrades in danger.
There are stories out today that he may be charged, and that Bergdahl did renounce his citizenship.
I think we should wait until we get more info, especially from the man himself.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jun 2014 11:59 #4 by Wicked
And? He's not innocent until proven guilty? He's not still an American who deserves to be brought home, and put on trial so he can be punished properly if found guilty?

I shudder to think what will happen to our soldiers if the Tea Partiers assume power, like the OP said. Political whores spewing bile when they don't have to make the hard decisions.

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

03 Jun 2014 12:09 #5 by Blazer Bob
Too long. I read part, skimmed part and skipped the rest. He had some points I did agree with but it is too bad he is a loon.

Anyone who believes this is a loon.

..."Oh, I get it. I understand that frightened people become more and more irrational, especially when they are allowed, encouraged, to feed incestuously on each other’s fear. And I get that they are afraid. I can see it in their faces, I can hear it in their voices. I get that they’re afraid of change. I get that they’re afraid of the future. I get that they’re afraid of the past. And I get that they’re afraid of the present. I get that they’re afraid of losing power and privilege and prestige. I get that they’re afraid of their capricious and childishly vengeful god. I get that they’re afraid of different races and different cultures and different accents and different religions and different sexual orientations and different viewpoints and different politics. I get it, they’ve screamed their small fears over and over and only a dead man could possibly miss it.

I get that they are so consumed with rage and so filled with naked hate and so programmed with their diseased ideology that it poisons their minds like a computer chip submerged in acid.

I get that they are so utterly terrified of the world that they piss themselves in abject fear at the mere thought of going to the grocery store without a goddamned gun stuck in their pants like an extra oversized prick.

More than anything, I get that they are afraid of Barack Obama, everything about him, every single thing about the president terrifies them. Obama stalks their feverish nightmares and he is the very symbol of their shameful impotence – so much so that they’ve written him into their precious bible, in a starring role as the devil, the destroyer of worlds.

I get it."...

03 Jun 2014 12:23 #6 by Nobody that matters
Yes, he's innocent until proven guilty. I just hope we didn't let 5 leaders go in order to get a guy back that's going to be shot for desertion.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

03 Jun 2014 12:33 #7 by FredHayek
Even Israel negotiates with terrorists and will trade 100's of detained Palestinians for one Israeli soldier.
They have even traded for the bodies of Israeli troops.

03 Jun 2014 12:40 #8 by OmniScience

Nobody that matters wrote: Yes, he's innocent until proven guilty. I just hope we didn't let 5 leaders go in order to get a guy back that's going to be shot for desertion.

Shot for desertion? Laughable. The last military execution was over 50 years ago. This clown, Manning, or Hasan will never get what they really deserve.

03 Jun 2014 12:59 #9 by FredHayek
:splat: Hassan did get shot, multiple times even.
But otherwise, I do agree with you, that none of the above will get executed for their crimes.

03 Jun 2014 14:29 #10 by LadyJazzer

"Oh, I get it. I understand that frightened people become more and more irrational, especially when they are allowed, encouraged, to feed incestuously on each other’s fear. And I get that they are afraid. I can see it in their faces, I can hear it in their voices. I get that they’re afraid of change. I get that they’re afraid of the future. I get that they’re afraid of the past. And I get that they’re afraid of the present. I get that they’re afraid of losing power and privilege and prestige. I get that they’re afraid of their capricious and childishly vengeful god. I get that they’re afraid of different races and different cultures and different accents and different religions and different sexual orientations and different viewpoints and different politics. I get it, they’ve screamed their small fears over and over and only a dead man could possibly miss it.

I get that they are so consumed with rage and so filled with naked hate and so programmed with their diseased ideology that it poisons their minds like a computer chip submerged in acid.

I get that they are so utterly terrified of the world that they piss themselves in abject fear at the mere thought of going to the grocery store without a goddamned gun stuck in their pants like an extra oversized pr**k.

More than anything, I get that they are afraid of Barack Obama, everything about him, every single thing about the president terrifies them. Obama stalks their feverish nightmares and he is the very symbol of their shameful impotence – so much so that they’ve written him into their precious bible, in a starring role as the devil, the destroyer of worlds.

I get it."...

Sounds dead-on to me... I always like his blog... Calls it for what it is... :ThumbsUp:

Whatever Bergdahl did, (and the hysteria from the Right is already sounding like huge exaggerations of what actually happened), it will likely all come out when he is debriefed after returning home and getting back on his feet. Did he walk away from his post? Most of the sources agree that he left a note and did just that. Can they extrapolate that to "cooperation with the enemy", and being the absolute reason that six others "lost their lives as a result"?.... I'll wait to see what the facts are instead of the usual teabagger hysteria.

Wicked wrote: And? He's not innocent until proven guilty? He's not still an American who deserves to be brought home, and put on trial so he can be punished properly if found guilty?

I shudder to think what will happen to our soldiers if the Tea Partiers assume power, like the OP said. Political whores spewing bile when they don't have to make the hard decisions.

:YeahThat: Amen...

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds