Bergdahl - The Hypocrisy and Hate Must End

04 Jun 2014 15:28 #31 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Who is going to know his reasoning better than the guys he lived with for months?
Maybe we should also interview his Taliban captors to find why he made the decisions to abandon his post?

I believe we (collectively) need to wait for the facts AFTER he is debriefed....the two soldiers
interviewed this morning (that worked side by side with him) indicated he was introspective and
and INQUISITIVE, always inquiring about the reasoning behind actions/decisions and was VERY
intent upon UNDERSTANDING things. Methodical and quiet. I believe they indicated he did NOT
have electronic devices (cell,Tablet,etc.) and that he seemed like a nice guy,but did not interact
much...joking around,etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jun 2014 15:59 #32 by Photo-fish
Why was he promoted twice during his captivity?
Who initiates and authorizes such promotions?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

04 Jun 2014 19:00 #33 by otisptoadwater
All of these questions and many more need to be answered and it needs to happen in a UCMJ Article 32 proceeding.

[youtube:34gg0q71]
[/youtube:34gg0q71]

Let the proceedings of the Court Martial be the stage for the presentation of all the evidence, let the witnesses testify, and then let Justice take it's course. If the charges can be disproved or reduced to some degree then so be it, that's the job of the officers of the Court Martial to determine what the appropriate punishment should be.

Personally I'm going to side with the people that were there and served with Bergdahl in his platoon, it's my opinion that these guys are credible and have nothing to hide.

[youtube:34gg0q71]
[/youtube:34gg0q71]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Jun 2014 21:27 #34 by Blazer Bob
My crystal ball tells me it will be investigated until at least 2016 or it will go to a court martial and the defense will plead PTSD and dereliction of duty on the part of Army Recruiting command. Both of which could be true.

04 Jun 2014 21:50 #35 by otisptoadwater

BlazerBob wrote: My crystal ball tells me it will be investigated until at least 2016 or it will go to a court martial and the defense will plead PTSD and dereliction of duty on the part of Army Recruiting command. Both of which could be true.

Another case of wag the dog? A little bit of puffery applied to this case in the right spots on the timeline could sway things one way or the other depending on how the evidence is presented and the individuals who investigate and review the case... "You need to pay a lot of attention to this issue..." while the POTUS and his staff, the DoD and any other culpable agencies who might have some skin in the game pull off the next caper or attempt to obscure the last stunt hoping that the 'Merican public won't look up from their share of Gubment provided bread and circuses.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the herd can be directed as the administration desires or maybe, just maybe one or two individuals will FINALLY recognize the wolf in sheep's clothing and demand the truth.

:sarcasm: Oh, I almost forgot... BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! :pop

The bad news is that reality is what is happening right now and no amount of spin, blur, or cover up is going to keep the truth from reaching the light of day on this issue. Too many credible people have already made statements and now the burden is on Bergdahl and his legal defense representative to prove them wrong.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

04 Jun 2014 22:01 #36 by Blazer Bob

otisptoadwater wrote: [ Too many credible people have already made statements and now the burden is on Bergdahl and his legal defense representative to prove them wrong.

I think the more interesting question is why did the administration not see this coming. Are they so isolated that they did not know the facts or what the reaction would be? Tod says that his sources in the White House thought there would be euforia over the release. The Rose Garden ceremony bears witness to that.

I think speculation re: Bergdahl is premature and over the top. The real story, IMO, is not what he did but the fact that non-partisans and even democrats care about what the White House did and why.

04 Jun 2014 22:10 #37 by LadyJazzer
For the umpteenth time, what he did or didn't do is a separate issue from whether or not they brought him back. EVERYBODY, including the TeaPublicans, says you "don't leave a man behind." Period...

So, when they get him back and things settle down, then they find out what happened, and if the facts warrant it, they court-martial him... BFD.

Are you really dumb enough to think that the Administration didn't know the circumstances under which he was captured in the first place?

BENGHAZI! BENGHAZI! BERGDAHL! BERGDAHL!

05 Jun 2014 06:51 #38 by FredHayek

Photo-fish wrote: Why was he promoted twice during his captivity?
Who initiates and authorizes such promotions?

Good question, is there an automatic promotion program for POW's or MIA's?

I hope that the liberals here are right and Bergdahl was just a confused kid, forced to give out military secrets and tactics by his captors.

:Confused: "What kind of person would slander this patriotic, American soldier?
"His squadmates."
"You can't trust those babykillers!"

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Jun 2014 08:37 #39 by LadyJazzer
And, of course, you have a SOURCE or PROOF that he "gave out military secrets and tactics".....?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

05 Jun 2014 08:41 #40 by FredHayek
No source or proof but his former comrades noticed Taliban attacks stepped up in frequency and focus after Bergdahl was captured/defected. Might not be related.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds