Bergdahl - The Hypocrisy and Hate Must End

08 Jun 2014 10:32 #91 by homeagain

Arlen wrote: All of the other soldiers dealt with your so-called leadership issues. Only Bergdahl did not.

And Bergdahl followed his father's advice....."let your conscience be your guide".....apparently
Bergdahl was naive,BUT he was an independent thinker (read NOT brain-washed to believe that
KILLING innocents was acceptable....OTHERS,apparently,felt the end justified the means....SORRY
your OMISSION of the question of lack of leadership is a "tell".....AGAIN, I believe Bergdahl was
in the wrong for not declaring Conscientious Objector....and FORCING THE MILITARY TO DEAL
WITH HIS DECISION....JMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2014 10:38 #92 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

BlazerBob wrote:

homeagain wrote: [
LEADERS are NOT leading ...

There was a extreme LACK of leadership at the HIGHEST LEVEL...

...there was LITTLE/NO leader
ship within this unit ...

blatant BAD
decisions and ego centered leadership...

Based on???

I posted a "Rolling Stones" article, written TWO YEARS AGO, that,in fact, documented that
issue and a HIGH ranking officer did lose his job, in part, because of the article...did you
NOT read my previous link/post?

We define ourselves by the flavor of spin we eat.

08 Jun 2014 10:55 #93 by homeagain
I AGREE,however, I don't believe the "straight story" will EVER be made public....after reading
CONFESSIONS OF ECONOMIC HITMAN...I believe karma is catching up with America, in VARIED
degrees of validity....the TRUTH has been a casualty for a VERY long,long time....SSDD.

09 Jun 2014 14:39 #94 by ComputerBreath

otisptoadwater wrote: DUSTWUN is an acronym I don't recognize so I wonder if a missing individual's status would be DUSTWUN instead of Unauthorized Absence because of the very real chance that he could have been killed or captured because the incident occurred at a forward operating base.

I think that the facts will rise to the surface at least inside the walls of the facilities where he'll be "interviewed" (think interrogated - but not in a sinister way) and a UCMJ article 52 proceeding. If it's proven that Bergdahl left the FOB on his own and against standing orders then an article 15 violation seems to me to be inappropriate because the maximum punishment isn't severe enough.

If it's determined that he collaborated willfully with the Taliban and assisted them with IED placement and US Army operating procedures and vulnerabilities then he should have to answer to those charges in a Court Martial. The public may never know the truth for a variety of reasons both political and to protect our sources and methods.

Where Bergdahl ultimately ends up will be a nod to how the US Army dealt with his situation. If he ends up standing in front of a firing squad then the worst is true, if he get's life or an extended tour at Fort Levenworth then the worst might be mostly true or some parts dismissed, if he separates from the US Army and goes home as a free man then there better be some rock solid evidence that Bergdahl didn't do anything wrong - I don't think that last scenario is possible.

DUSTWUN is a standard duty status when an individual doesn't show up at their appointed place at the appointed time. An example: Hunters that go hunting and do not return when they are supposed to are listed as DUSTWUN until they either show up, a body is found, or there is proof they are hospitalized...it merely means that they do not know exactly where the individual is.

I only saw someone listed as DUSTWUN once in the 20 years I was in.

09 Jun 2014 14:42 #95 by FredHayek
New polling out today says military people hate the Bergdahl trade much more than civvies do, 50% more.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jun 2014 15:31 #96 by LadyJazzer
Imagine my surprise....

09 Jun 2014 19:35 #97 by deltamrey
Read all the posts here.......here is part of the code he fully agreed to and the code real patriots in uniform have died for.........really simple Sheeple. A General Court hopefully will seek justice (Obams Cakes and his appointed lap dogs tread lightly):
Article I
a. I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
b. All men and women in the armed forces have the duty at all times and under all circumstances to oppose the enemies of the United States and support its national interests. In training or in combat, alone or with others, while evading capture or enduring captivity, this duty belongs to each American defending our nation regardless of circumstances.
Article II
a. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
b. As an individual, a member of the armed forces may never voluntarily surrender. When isolated and no longer able to inflict casualties on the enemy, the American soldier has an obligation to evade capture and rejoin friendly forces.
c. Only when evasion by an individual is impossible and further fighting would lead only to death with no significant loss to the enemy should one consider surrender. With all reasonable means of resistance exhausted and with certain death the only alternative, capture does not imply dishonor.
d. The responsibility and authority of a commander never extends to the surrender of a command to the enemy while the command has the power to fight and evade. When isolated, cut off, or surrounded, a unit must continue to fight until relieved or able to rejoin friendly forces through continued efforts to break out or evade the enemy.
Article III
a. If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
b. The duty of a member of the armed forces to use all means available to resist the enemy is not lessened by the misfortune of captivity. A POW is still legally bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and ethically guided by the Code of Conduct. Under provisions of the Geneva Convention, a prisoner of war is also subject to certain rules imposed by the captor nation. When repatriated, a prisoner of war will not be condemned for having obeyed reasonable captor rules, such as sanitation regulations. The duty of a member of the armed forces to continue to resist does not mean a prisoner should engage in unreasonable harassment as a form of resistance, retaliation by captors to the detriment of that prisoner and other prisoners is frequently the primary result of such harassment.

Only cowards and sympathizers of external or internal enemies need clarification.

09 Jun 2014 20:13 #98 by Norm
:YeahThat: :like:

10 Jun 2014 11:05 #99 by homeagain

deltamrey wrote: Read all the posts here.......here is part of the code he fully agreed to and the code real patriots in uniform have died for.........really simple Sheeple. A General Court hopefully will seek justice (Obams Cakes and his appointed lap dogs tread lightly):
Article I
a. I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
b. All men and women in the armed forces have the duty at all times and under all circumstances to oppose the enemies of the United States and support its national interests. In training or in combat, alone or with others, while evading capture or enduring captivity, this duty belongs to each American defending our nation regardless of circumstances.
Article II
a. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
b. As an individual, a member of the armed forces may never voluntarily surrender. When isolated and no longer able to inflict casualties on the enemy, the American soldier has an obligation to evade capture and rejoin friendly forces.
c. Only when evasion by an individual is impossible and further fighting would lead only to death with no significant loss to the enemy should one consider surrender. With all reasonable means of resistance exhausted and with certain death the only alternative, capture does not imply dishonor.
d. The responsibility and authority of a commander never extends to the surrender of a command to the enemy while the command has the power to fight and evade. When isolated, cut off, or surrounded, a unit must continue to fight until relieved or able to rejoin friendly forces through continued efforts to break out or evade the enemy.
Article III
a. If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
b. The duty of a member of the armed forces to use all means available to resist the enemy is not lessened by the misfortune of captivity. A POW is still legally bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and ethically guided by the Code of Conduct. Under provisions of the Geneva Convention, a prisoner of war is also subject to certain rules imposed by the captor nation. When repatriated, a prisoner of war will not be condemned for having obeyed reasonable captor rules, such as sanitation regulations. The duty of a member of the armed forces to continue to resist does not mean a prisoner should engage in unreasonable harassment as a form of resistance, retaliation by captors to the detriment of that prisoner and other prisoners is frequently the primary result of such harassment.

Only cowards and sympathizers of external or internal enemies need clarification.

NO clarification here regarding the above.....HOWEVER, when the recruiting office (that
is REQUIRED to make their numbers) is deceitful and allows a perspective soldier the ILLUSION
that they will be doing HUMANITARIAN aid and assistance...read does NOT mention theater
of war and the distinct probability of participating in that arena...what then?

I do NOT believe Bergdahl was in the right, I believe he was LIED to and he did NOT investigate further (naive)....HIS fault for not understanding the deceit....HIS fault for being
YOUNG and trusting.

It's a PROVEN SCIENTIFIC fact that young adults brains do NOT fully operate as an ADULT
until approx. the age of 26....the chemistry of the brain does not fire on all cylinders to allow
MATURE decisions, decisions that have clarity behind them....NOT JMO.

10 Jun 2014 11:08 #100 by FredHayek
Obama throwing Hagel under the bus? Per the Daily Mail, the White House is saying Sec'y of Defense Chuck Hagel had the final sign off on the deal. Or they could be trying to say a former veteran made the call, "bring our boys home!".

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds