Bergdahl - The Hypocrisy and Hate Must End

11 Jun 2014 16:04 #111 by ComputerBreath

FredHayek wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Obama throwing Hagel under the bus? Per the Daily Mail, the White House is saying Sec'y of Defense Chuck Hagel had the final sign off on the deal. Or they could be trying to say a former veteran made the call, "bring our boys home!".

The only ones I see thrown under the bus are all the nimrods a FauxNoise, and all of the GoTeaBaggers who are trying to erase their earlier tweets off of Twitter after they figured out which way the FauxNoise was blowing.

:Goofy: Not me! I didn't do it! :Ugh:
Too funny, the White House is saying Hagel made the final call on the prisoner transfer.
Hagel's office is saying the White House made the final decision.

Hagel is before Congress today and is being asked about why Bergdahl hasn't come home yet?
Chuck says the doctors won't let him go yet. Don't they send much more serious cases home all the time from Iraq and Afghanistan? Why aren't they allowing his family to visit him?

Standard operating procedure to slowly integrate American prisoners back...

His family isn't allowed to visit because it isn't advised until he is back on American soil and so any rehabilitation that is gained isn't lost by him being too overwhelmed.

I will say, this is one lesson--the slow reintegration process for prisoners coming back to America--that the government has learned. And I approve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2014 17:31 #112 by FredHayek
Wasn't there a similar case like this during the Vietnam War? An American soldier joined his NVA captors and conspired against other American POW's.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jun 2014 18:14 #113 by LOL
"Away, you cut-purse rascal! you filthy bung, away! By this wine, I'll thrust my knife in your mouldy chaps, an you play the saucy cuttle with me. Away, you bottle-ale rascal! you basket-hilt stale juggler, you! "

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

11 Jun 2014 20:02 #114 by LadyJazzer

FredHayek wrote: Wasn't there a similar case like this during the Vietnam War? An American soldier joined his NVA captors and conspired against other American POW's.

You, of course, would have a SOURCE for that?

:LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol :LMAO: :rofllol

11 Jun 2014 20:25 #115 by FredHayek
I thought you might know since you were alive during the Vietnam War. Robert maybe was his first name? Update: Robert Garwood was his name and he appears to be quite the controversial figure. Other US prisoners think he was aiding the enemy. And after his release in 1974 he didn't come back to the US until years later. Garwood counter-accuses the US of leaving other American POW's behind.

12 Jun 2014 14:36 #116 by deltamrey
Article I
a. I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.
b. All men and women in the armed forces have the duty at all times and under all circumstances to oppose the enemies of the United States and support its national interests. In training or in combat, alone or with others, while evading capture or enduring captivity, this duty belongs to each American defending our nation regardless of circumstances.
Article II
a. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
b. As an individual, a member of the armed forces may never voluntarily surrender. When isolated and no longer able to inflict casualties on the enemy, the American soldier has an obligation to evade capture and rejoin friendly forces.
c. Only when evasion by an individual is impossible and further fighting would lead only to death with no significant loss to the enemy should one consider surrender. With all reasonable means of resistance exhausted and with certain death the only alternative, capture does not imply dishonor.
d. The responsibility and authority of a commander never extends to the surrender of a command to the enemy while the command has the power to fight and evade. When isolated, cut off, or surrounded, a unit must continue to fight until relieved or able to rejoin friendly forces through continued efforts to break out or evade the enemy.
Article III
a. If I am captured I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
b. The duty of a member of the armed forces to use all means available to resist the enemy is not lessened by the misfortune of captivity. A POW is still legally bound by the Uniform Code of Military Justice and ethically guided by the Code of Conduct. Under provisions of the Geneva Convention, a prisoner of war is also subject to certain rules imposed by the captor nation. When repatriated, a prisoner of war will not be condemned for having obeyed reasonable captor rules, such as sanitation regulations. The duty of a member of the armed forces to continue to resist does not mean a prisoner should engage in unreasonable harassment as a form of resistance, retaliation by captors to the detriment of that prisoner and other prisoners is frequently the primary result of such harassment.

13 Jun 2014 07:06 #117 by FredHayek
Bergdahl was flown to Texas last night. Hasn't been on American soil for five years.

13 Jun 2014 10:00 #118 by LadyJazzer

13 Jun 2014 12:02 #119 by Nobody that matters
He probably enjoyed more freedom in captivity than he has now.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

13 Jun 2014 13:55 #120 by archer

Nobody that matters wrote: He probably enjoyed more freedom in captivity than he has now.

I seriously doubt that.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds