Bergdahl - The Hypocrisy and Hate Must End

13 Jun 2014 14:09 #121 by FredHayek
Bergdahl is saying he spent two years in a six foot cage without seeing/talking to anyone. If true, he is probably pretty damaged mentally.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2014 18:40 #122 by navycpo7
Someone explain to me why he is already convicted by all those that do not know the facts yet. He deserted his post, but why, was it mental or what. We got him home, they appointed a 2 star to find out what happened. When the facts come out, if they prove he just up and walked out and basically said the hell with it, that is one thing, if it was a mental breakdown that is a whole different ball game, and I do blame his senior NCO's they get all kinds of training on mental issues and how to notice PTSD symptoms. There is always some kind of flags that should have been dealt with.

So lets do a novel thing, let the facts come out.

16 Jun 2014 19:18 #123 by FredHayek

navycpo7 wrote: Someone explain to me why he is already convicted by all those that do not know the facts yet. He deserted his post, but why, was it mental or what. We got him home, they appointed a 2 star to find out what happened. When the facts come out, if they prove he just up and walked out and basically said the hell with it, that is one thing, if it was a mental breakdown that is a whole different ball game, and I do blame his senior NCO's they get all kinds of training on mental issues and how to notice PTSD symptoms. There is always some kind of flags that should have been dealt with.

Instead of what Obama did? Take a victory lap around the Rose Garden with the POW's family?

17 Jun 2014 09:02 #124 by archer

FredHayek wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: Someone explain to me why he is already convicted by all those that do not know the facts yet. He deserted his post, but why, was it mental or what. We got him home, they appointed a 2 star to find out what happened. When the facts come out, if they prove he just up and walked out and basically said the hell with it, that is one thing, if it was a mental breakdown that is a whole different ball game, and I do blame his senior NCO's they get all kinds of training on mental issues and how to notice PTSD symptoms. There is always some kind of flags that should have been dealt with.

Instead of what Obama did? Take a victory lap around the Rose Garden with the POW's family?

If you are a family member wouldn't the safe return of your child that had been a POW for 5 years under who knows what horrific conditions be cause for some celebration, with the president who made it possible? Why is announcing it in the Rose Garden such an issue for you......would you have preferred it on the deck of a ship somewhere with a Mission Accomplished sign?

17 Jun 2014 09:10 #125 by FredHayek
How about just fly him home? Or Archer, do you like the idea of the Taliban dream team free and carrying out new atrocities? We will see the names of those five in the future.

Did you see ISIS is led by a released prisoner? Another brilliant move. :banghead:

17 Jun 2014 14:20 #126 by archer
Who released that one?

We can't keep them forever.

17 Jun 2014 14:26 #127 by Something the Dog Said

I agree absolutely that it would be refreshing for once if facts were obtained before the passing of judgement. I would add that desertion requires a finding of mental intent to deliberately desert and at this time no one in the chain of command has made that finding. Particularly since apparently this particular individual had done the same thing at least two times previously and had returned and was not disciplined for doing so.

It is absolutely a shame that so many have made serious allegations for political reasons without ascertaining the facts or making any attempt to do so.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

18 Jun 2014 08:31 #128 by FredHayek
Only 30% of Americans think releasing dangerous terrorists in exchange for Bergdahl was smart.
Pretty similar to the percentage of people who think Obama is competent (37%).

18 Jun 2014 08:46 #129 by homeagain
Fred, have you considered this......my understanding.....NOW that there are NO Americans
in captivity, our government has free rein on ANY/ALL options of action against the opponent....
the one thing that was being held over our heads was THIS prisoner.....we NOW have carte
blanche to proceed as WE wish.

18 Jun 2014 08:55 #130 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: Fred, have you considered this......my understanding.....NOW that there are NO Americans
in captivity, our government has free rein on ANY/ALL options of action against the opponent....
the one thing that was being held over our heads was THIS prisoner.....we NOW have carte
blanche to proceed as WE wish.

Could happen, but I actually expect Team Obama to scale back operations against Jihadists for his final two years. Team Obama thought rescuing Bergdahl would improve their current popularity numbers but it didn't, so now they capture the Libyan. Once again, another drop in poll numbers. :Confused: What will they think of next?

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds