Impeachment proceedings against Trump

05 Oct 2019 09:18 #641 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote: www.salon.com/2019/09/29/here-we-are-but...ent-of-donald-trump/

WHAT a superb synopsis of the situation........STRAIGHT UP and s-o-o true..... I love this guy......:oregonwine:

GUESS you missed this..........

I will never be interested in someone else’s words when I’m asking for YOUR opinion. Why is that so hard to understand ? You’ve obviously got an opinion yet you want me to read someone else’s. Boring.

ACTUALLY Rick, this response was for PAPA43, HOWEVER, I have stated MANY times
what my views are.....(you are unwilling to accept them OR they don't agree with your perception of our nations present predicament) .....THE FOURTH TURNING IS OCCURRING
I have stated that multiple times on multiple threads.....democracy, as we have known it for
centuries, is being challenged and WILL change....for better or worse....depending upon the
actions of the individuals who call themselves AMERICANS.....who put our country FIRST
and POLITICS LAST. ......those are my views....do NOT declare I never give my opinion.

OK, believe in your 4th Turning, but I will stay in the market. I will vote democratically in November, 2019, and democracy will still be going strong in November 2020.

The attempted impeachment? I am undecided right now. Will Ukraine be enough to convince 13 Republican Senators to remove Trump from office? Maybe, but I would think it would be a very low probability.

There is a new rumor that may change things. Supposedly Mitt Romney is talking to conservative donors to mount a primary challenge against Trump. If Mitt gets a headwind and provides a sedate alternative to the Donald, the GOP Senate might decide to remove Trump, have a few months of Pence. Then Mitt could be elected in 2020. (But would probably lose because the GOP would be split between old guard GOP vs. Trump Train folk.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2019 09:39 #642 by ramage
"Then Mitt could be elected in 2020. "

Do you mean to say that Mitt could be nominated?

06 Oct 2019 07:34 #643 by Pony Soldier
Just popping in to throw something out there. It may already be in this thread, but I’m not reading 65 pages to see. If this “impeachment inquiry” is legitimate, why won’t the dems hold a vote? Why are Republicans being completely shut out of the process? What are they afraid of? If you answer those questions accurately, you will know that this is nothing more than political fodder.

06 Oct 2019 08:43 #644 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: Just popping in to throw something out there. It may already be in this thread, but I’m not reading 65 pages to see. If this “impeachment inquiry” is legitimate, why won’t the dems hold a vote? Why are Republicans being completely shut out of the process? What are they afraid of? If you answer those questions accurately, you will know that this is nothing more than political fodder.

WELCOME back.......

www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachme...ine-scandal-n1062961

I believe irrefutable evidence is accumulating, and THAT is what Pelosi is "pausing" for...
WHEN the evidence becomes so-o-o strong and solid that the R'S are REQUIRED to risk
everything to do the' RIGHT THING'......STAND UP AND STATE NO.....NOT ON MY WATCH.

My COUNTRY COMES FIRST.......I think it is called a "come to Jesus moment".....then you
will see your question answered. jmo

06 Oct 2019 10:20 #645 by Blazer Bob
Clearly hope springs eternal since this is from two and a half years ago.

ScienceChic wrote: "Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Mark Twain

I don't know if any of you have been following the development of this, but the allegations have continued to expand from not just the Trump campaign colluding with the Russians for monetary gain and future policy changes if elected but actually formally requesting they interfere in the election to help Trump win, and actively partnering with them/providing data. There is supposedly evidence that foreign interests conducted a massive data hacking and manipulation through social media to sway public opinion through propaganda, and possibly even worse (hacking of voting results? money laundering?).

This is a very troubling time for our nation. This isn't about disliking someone who was voted in that isn't of your party, this is about a possible act of war against the very basis of our democracy by an enemy of our state if these allegations prove true. If not only Trump but Pence and Paul Ryan are caught up in this, as has been alluded to, then we are sitting at the precipice of an unprecedented upcoming power vacuum at the highest levels should impeachment mean the clearing of the entire White House Cabinet and some in Congress - our enemies will undoubtedly try to take advantage during these confusing times.

We need to put country first, party second, and come together as one nation behind truth and justice, whatever that may be.

Donald Trump Sealed Indictment Started With Eric Schneiderman

We have New York State Attorney Eric Schneiderman to thank for the genesis of the sealed indictment against Donald Trump currently being held in the Eastern District of Virginia, which has formed the basis of the case of impeachment already begun against him. This is how that happened:

AG Schneiderman began a case of Enterprise Corruption, the state name for RICO, against Donald Trump. The case was based on the activities of Russian mobsters like Semion Moglievich who lived in Trump Tower, Russian oligarchs, and others.

Upon his own judgement and belief, Scheiderman decided that his case touched both Federal issues, and issues of National Security. He took his case to the Federal authorities.

FISC provided evidence under seal to a Grand Jury, drawn from the Eastern District of Virginia, who read the evidence in a SCIF, a secure facility in the building sealed away from the public.

We reported as fact that the case was intended by prosecutors to form the basis of impeachment. Following the granting of the indictment on Trump, DAG Rosenstein took the matter to the Senate and presented it to lawmakers including Lindsey Graham in closed session.

Trump was then notified by both the other branches that a case of impeachment was commenced against him. I can report as fact that the Sergeant At Arms of the Senate, Frank Larkin, went to the White House on that Wednesday night.

An Overview of the Impeachment Process: www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/98-806.pdf

06 Oct 2019 10:50 #646 by ScienceChic
Why would anyone want them to rush to a vote when they haven't finished their investigation and evidence gathering? Other than they want to be able to accuse Democrats of rushing through this process and not waiting to get the facts first.

Just a reminder: Watergate took years to investigate, months for Republicans to realize he was guilty as hell and vote to impeach him in committee (at which point he resigned when it was explained to him by a group of Republican representatives that they had enough votes to convict in the Senate once the House took a full vote to impeach), but it took months more for the rest of the individuals involved to go through trials and be found guilty. We're still at this stage:

The Watergate Scandal: A Timeline

How exactly are Republicans being shut out of what process?

A question for all who continue to support this administration:
Have you imagined the opposite scenario where President Hilary Clinton asks Russia and China to investigate her opponent and dig up dirt on them? And where she tells officials in her administration to not comply with subpoenas from Congress to obtain documentation and testimony regarding questionable actions taken, even goes so far as to sue her own government to keep documents hidden? Where she singles out her strongest political opponent, but is strangely silent on the corruption that has already been prosecuted in her own campaign and administration officials found guilty by a jury, and actually protested against some of their indictments/incarcerations and publicly tried to intimidate witnesses?

Because that's where we're headed if this precedent gets established. The next administration that doesn't agree with your beliefs can blithely ignore our Constitutional laws, commit acts that are an abuse of power, and move us further down the path of authoritarianism. If those calling to change the Constitution to remove impeachment as a check and balance are successful, then there's no stopping removing the 2nd Amendment, or the 1st, or any that get in their way.

Do you truly want that?

I sure don't.

Judge Napolitano: Trump attacks his own presidency | Fox News Video
video.foxnews.com/v/6091399235001/

FOX NEWS GUEST TOM FITTON SAYS MITCH MCCONNELL SHOULD 'CHANGE THE RULES' IN SENATE TO 'KILL' IMPEACHMENT TRIAL
BY EWAN PALMER, Newsweek | 10/6/19 AT 10:12 AM EDT

FYI, Tom Fitton is the President of Judicial Watch. He should know better.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

06 Oct 2019 12:51 #647 by homeagain
www.businessinsider.com/book-steve-banno...ourth-turning-2017-2

THIS is a repost,I thought it germane to the GREAT debacle that is going on.....

06 Oct 2019 13:27 #648 by Pony Soldier
Okay, but until the Democrats include the Republicans in the investigation, this is nothing more than a partisan witch hunt. Until that vote is taken, the R’s are being completely shut out of the process. That makes it a partisan witch hunt, just like Trump is claiming. Has the full Volker testimony been released yet?

06 Oct 2019 16:53 #649 by ScienceChic
How do you know they aren't included? They serve on the same committees as the Democrats, do they not?

They've gotten to ask questions of those brought to testify before Congress, have they not?

Not a single Congressional Committee has acted outside of the boundaries that are set by the Constitution in how they are to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch, have they? As a matter of fact, they've actually been quite soft on several people who haven't shown up for hearings when subpoenaed, or provided information that was requested via subpoena. You do realize they could've had every one of those individuals arrested and fined daily until the complied, right?

There's nothing in the Constitution that says they have to take a formal vote before conducting an investigation. It didn't happen that way for Clinton. Doesn't it make more sense to investigate first in order to determine if the evidence warrants an actual impeachment?

I have a hard time understanding how anyone is against this investigation if they were wholeheartedly on board with the repeated Benghazi investigations. One or even two, sure, oversight absolutely needed to be done, Americans died. Seven?? Really? This one has two (possibly more) whistleblowers with an Inspector General who reviewed it and said it was "credible and urgent." And how the White House handled the documentation of the phone calls with other leaders is suspicious.

All I've seen from Congressional Republicans is a deafening public silence (aside from Justin Amash and Mitt Romney), or the vocal few who are so far up Trump's ass as to not see daylight. They can stop implicitly (or, in Mitch McConnell's, Devin Nunes', Lindsay Graham's, Kevin McCarthy's, and Jim Jordan's cases, explicitly) going along with and/or excusing unConstitutional actions any day now.

No, Volker's full testimony behind closed doors has not yet been released, just his opening statement.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Oct 2019 04:53 #650 by Pony Soldier
So, sending unofficial letters, not subpoenas, to State Department officials telling them they must comply and, oh, by the way, don’t bring your lawyer, is how non-partisan, “official” investigations is supposed to proceed? Making up a fantasy conversation and reading it into the congressional record by the chairman is how investigations are supposed to proceed? Nothing about this process is above board because it is a political stunt that is now backfiring. Trump will be re-elected in a landslide. He should thank Schiff and Pelosi.

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds