Impeachment proceedings against Trump

08 Oct 2019 07:58 #671 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Koobookie posted: " asked the person that posted the assertion to provide more information, or a credible source. You jumped into the fray."

Sorry, Koobookie, the purpose of MyMountainTown, as I understand it, is to be a forum for the greater mountain community,

EXCELLENT way to deflect....but then, THAT is a familiar M.O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Oct 2019 10:22 #672 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

towermonkey wrote:

koobookie wrote:

ramage wrote: You obviously did not look with any effort.
What do you consider "credible". Andrew McCarthy is the DA that convicted the blind sheik in NYC for the first bombing of the WTC. Do an internet search for his postings.

I do not consider gatewaypundit.com to be a credible source. I did do a search, but when nothing remotely similar came up, I asked the person that posted the assertion to provide more information, or a credible source. You jumped into the fray.

FYI - towermonkey made the assertion. It is their responsibility to back it up. I should not have to research it for them, even though I made the attempt.

Sorry Kabookie, but I’m not arguing a court case. This is a discussion forum, not a courtroom. If you don’t want to believe my assertions, that is up to you. I’m not going to go look through what you would call credible news sources for something that clearly doesn’t match their propagandist slant. Your mind is made up and so is mine. What would be the point in wasting all that time?

If I understand you correctly, you are just throwing out suppositions without any proof, hoping that it will somehow sway me to believe you? That's now how debate works. I understand this is not a courtroom, but if you want to intelligently discuss a point, back it up with your sources.

Lol you’ll simply attack my sources in favor of your more “reliable” sources.

08 Oct 2019 10:34 #673 by Brandon

koobookie wrote: I understand this is not a courtroom, but if you want to intelligently discuss a point, back it up with your sources.

They must be too embarrassing.

08 Oct 2019 12:30 #674 by ramage
HA, how did my comment regarding the fact that MMT is a forum deflect from the subject?

Koobookie appeared to be upset that I posted. I interpreted that to me that she did not want to hear from anyone other than her target. If that is what she desired, posting a PM to that individual would have been appropriate.
TowerMonkey is correct this is a discussion forum. I don't think that it provides meaningful dialogue by insulting someone posting. To require sources in order to "intelligently" discuss a point only reflects on your shallowness and inability to have an opinion of your own. It is glib to simply post articles or cartoons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pony Soldier

08 Oct 2019 12:39 #675 by koobookie

ramage wrote: HA, how did my comment regarding the fact that MMT is a forum deflect from the subject?

Koobookie appeared to be upset that I posted. I interpreted that to me that she did not want to hear from anyone other than her target. If that is what she desired, posting a PM to that individual would have been appropriate.
TowerMonkey is correct this is a discussion forum. I don't think that it provides meaningful dialogue by insulting someone posting. To require sources in order to "intelligently" discuss a point only reflects on your shallowness and inability to have an opinion of your own. It is glib to simply post articles or cartoons.

I was not at all upset. Unsure how you would have taken that away from my comments. I was merely stating a fact, that you stepped into the defense of towermonkey, an action you are certainly allowed to perform.

I don't remember insulting you. I remember questioning your information source, which has been subsequently proven as unreliable.

Do you not believe that, during a discussion, if a person makes an assertion, they should be able to back up that assertion with facts? Or is it that you just want us all to baselessly throw opinions at each other, rather than discuss actual facts and situations?

08 Oct 2019 13:30 #676 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Koobookie posted: " asked the person that posted the assertion to provide more information, or a credible source. You jumped into the fray."

Sorry, Koobookie, the purpose of MyMountainTown, as I understand it, is to be a forum for the greater mountain community,

EXCELLENT way to deflect....but then, THAT is a familiar M.O.

[/b]

I am somewhat amazed that you do not recognize that GENERALLY, if you do not want to answer a DIRECT QUESTION, you will resort to asking another question, thereby deflecting the issue.

I terminated the death with dignity discussion with you......for that very reason. YES, the forum
is for discussion (intelligent and insightful).....and insults "shall I call you chicken little or
Cassandra".....are they reasonable commentary? REGARDLESS, if credible sources are
not cited and you wish your pov to be considered and PERHAPS accepted....then a cited
source (not a blog) is the preferred method.

RESEARCH is required and when a poster indicates they don't have the inclination or time to
read sources OR posted informational journalism.....I have trouble taking THEIR pov seriously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

08 Oct 2019 13:36 #677 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: HA, how did my comment regarding the fact that MMT is a forum deflect from the subject?

I feel the same way as you. If I just wanted to read opinions from DC and the coasts, I would just read them. I like to hear from people who have their own takes on the warm vomit the media serves up.

How boring is a message board that just has quoted media and opinion pieces.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Oct 2019 14:16 #678 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: I feel the same way as you. If I just wanted to read opinions from DC and the coasts, I would just read them. I like to hear from people who have their own takes on the warm vomit the media serves up.

Really? So, for example, if someone says that Trump is guilty of treason and deserves to be in prison, you'll just accept that, since it's an opinion? How is that even a discussion about anything that occurs in reality? You don't want to discuss facts about current situations?

What a waste of time. Now I'm beginning to understand why few of the conservatives on this board bother to reply to any of ScienceChic's posts. Too many facts, I guess?

08 Oct 2019 14:32 #679 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

I feel the same way as you. If I just wanted to read opinions from DC and the coasts, I would just read them. I like to hear from people who have their own takes on the warm vomit the media serves up.

[/b]

I assure you....I NEVER just post a source without adding my OWN thoughts.....I will always
quote a posters entire comment and bold the items I wish to address. Thereby assuring that
the comment I am making is fully understood....no guess work because I extracted ONLY a
paragraph or sentence.

08 Oct 2019 15:16 #680 by Blazer Bob
I think everyone should take a breath and wait until after Comey testifies and the Muller report comes out. That will provide all the rope you need to hang the usurper! The nerve of that guy. Off with his head .:splitwood:

ScienceChic wrote: So you think I'm over-reacting, eh? Well, I look forward to Comey testifying before Congress next week. How about you? :)

Source: Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations

Time to create page: 0.378 seconds