Impeachment proceedings against Trump

Replied by koobookie on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

Republicans are turning on Trump.

“We have not just a political candidate open to receiving foreign assistance to better his chances at winning an election, but a current president openly and privately calling on foreign governments to actively interfere in the most sacred of U.S. democratic processes, our elections,” they wrote.


www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-c...r-AAIztGP?li=BBnb7Kz
10 Oct 2019 11:24 #691

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ramage on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

The "republicans" cited in your reference were and are Never-Trumpers .
George Conway, reallly??
10 Oct 2019 12:11 #692

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

ramage wrote: The "republicans" cited in your reference were and are Never-Trumpers .
George Conway, reallly??


Ah, the "No True Scotsman" defense.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Of course, you didn't mention that there were several other Republicans that signed the letter.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2019 12:22 by koobookie.
10 Oct 2019 12:20 #693

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by towermonkey on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

koobookie wrote: From the rough transcript released by Trump:

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."


How you can read that and say he is only talking about CrowdStrike, (the debunked conspiracy theory that the Clinton server is in Ukraine), and not see that he's asking Ukraine to investigate Biden is beyond belief. You're serious?


How can you read that and not realize that a who ton of stuff is edited out to make it appear that the Biden ask immediately follows the Crowdstrike ask? Read the real thing. Don’t trust your untrustworthy “reliable “ sources.
10 Oct 2019 16:45 #694

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

towermonkey wrote:

koobookie wrote: From the rough transcript released by Trump:

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."


How you can read that and say he is only talking about CrowdStrike, (the debunked conspiracy theory that the Clinton server is in Ukraine), and not see that he's asking Ukraine to investigate Biden is beyond belief. You're serious?


How can you read that and not realize that a who ton of stuff is edited out to make it appear that the Biden ask immediately follows the Crowdstrike ask? Read the real thing. Don’t trust your untrustworthy “reliable “ sources.


You do realize that is verbatim from the memo issued by the White House?
10 Oct 2019 16:53 #695

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by towermonkey on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

No it’s not. You’re sources are biased and they lie.

I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

10 Oct 2019 17:08 #696

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ramage on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

Koobookie,
I didn't think it was necessary to go through all "republicans" mentioned in the article but in that you are unconvinced, try this one, I don't feel it necessary to go through the entire list.

Paul Rosenzweig
@RosenzweigP
Jul 2
More
It isn't the Never Trumpers like me who have a decision to make. We've made it. We aren't voting for Trump and like @RadioFreeTom I will vote for any Democrat except Gabbard or Williamson. /2
18 replies 20 retweets 156 likes

The article also states "The 16 attorneys, many of whom worked in Republican administrations," does not state that all are Republicans rather many worked in a Republican administration. Do you think that persons working in the executive branch are all Republicans?

As to you quote regarding the Trump transcript, the use of ellipse marks is telling. As I am sure you know ellipses marks indicate that there is additional material. Please offer the entire quote to the forum.
Here is an example of the use of ellipse marks.
Koobookie is ....a witch.
Full statement: Koobookie posts on MMT, and may have thought that HA is a witch because of her reliance on astrology.
Delete "posts on MMT, and may have thought that HA"
Ergo
Koobookie is a witch.
10 Oct 2019 17:18 #697

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

ramage wrote: Koobookie,
I didn't think it was necessary to go through all "republicans" mentioned in the article but in that you are unconvinced, try this one, I don't feel it necessary to go through the entire list.

Paul Rosenzweig
@RosenzweigP
Jul 2
More
It isn't the Never Trumpers like me who have a decision to make. We've made it. We aren't voting for Trump and like @RadioFreeTom I will vote for any Democrat except Gabbard or Williamson. /2
18 replies 20 retweets 156 likes

The article also states "The 16 attorneys, many of whom worked in Republican administrations," does not state that all are Republicans rather many worked in a Republican administration. Do you think that persons working in the executive branch are all Republicans?

As to you quote regarding the Trump transcript, the use of ellipse marks is telling. As I am sure you know ellipses marks indicate that there is additional material. Please offer the entire quote to the forum.
Here is an example of the use of ellipse marks.
Koobookie is ....a witch.
Full statement: Koobookie posts on MMT, and may have thought that HA is a witch because of her reliance on astrology.
Delete "posts on MMT, and may have thought that HA"
Ergo
Koobookie is a witch.

[/b]

OR it could be interpreted that the thought trailed off , in MY case, it is my form of free thought
and putting into word........
10 Oct 2019 17:55 #698

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

towermonkey wrote: No it’s not. You’re sources are biased and they lie.

You're right. I apologize.
10 Oct 2019 18:24 #699

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by koobookie on topic Impeachment proceedings against Trump

And yet, on page four, Trump does ask a foreign nation to investigate a political opponent.
10 Oct 2019 18:33 #700

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+