Impeachment proceedings against Trump

11 Oct 2019 08:29 #711 by Pony Soldier

koobookie wrote:

towermonkey wrote: This investigation is a partisan hack job. Republicans are not being allowed to ask questions of witnesses, call any witnesses, cross examine, anything according to them.

Republicans are sitting on the committees that are investigating the impeachment possibility. I was not aware that they could not ask questions of the witnesses. You've already proven me wrong once - could you point me to where that is happening?

I heard this in radio interviews with Jim Jordan but honestly having trouble backing it up. Closest I find is this-

www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-impeachme...equal-representation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Oct 2019 08:31 #712 by homeagain

koobookie wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote:

koobookie wrote: And yet, on page four, Trump does ask a foreign nation to investigate a political opponent.

Corruption is where you find it. No one is in DC as long as Biden with out becoming corrupt if they were not to start with.
That is why Trump is like a breath of fresh air and sunlight. He is not business as usual which is why there is a bipartisan desire to destroy him.
Yes Virginia, there is corruption on both sides of the isle. Trump supporters know it.

I am always amazed that so many think if only this party or that party could sell their message better and win elections government would be so much better. Or if only this pol or that pol could get elected....
Reduce the power and scope of government to legislate winners and loser and you will get a better class of people running for office.

I understand and appreciate your intention and your words. However, I'm pretty sure we will always disagree on Trump. From my perspective, he is the most corrupt and incompetent president to ever be sworn in. Just one example is his handling of the Syria situation. He's in way over his head and doesn't understand the balance of the area. But that's my opinion.

I still can't believe a man with zero political experience, who constantly demonstrates that he doesn't even understand the Constitution, was elected to the highest office in the land. It just boggles my mind.

SEE Americans are not aware......this horror of a human being is here because information
overload is the standard,so society tunes out. njom

11 Oct 2019 08:34 #713 by koobookie

towermonkey wrote: Oh my!

www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-bide...ent-officials-reveal

Political bias as an argument to discredit someone is getting tiresome. Trump used it against Mueller and his staff. It's an argument used against journalists. Just because someone is a Dem or Repub doesn't mean they cannot be impartial in the duties of their job.

Have you ever sat on a jury? Before you are selected, the lawyers ask "Can you be impartial?" I think that most people can answer yes. It's absurd to dismiss someone based solely upon their political leanings.

Remember, this does not change the fact that the whistleblower account closely matches the phone memo released by the White House. This is a distraction by the WH to try to take everyone's eye off the ball that he may have broken the law.

11 Oct 2019 08:40 #714 by koobookie

towermonkey wrote: I heard this in radio interviews with Jim Jordan but honestly having trouble backing it up. Closest I find is this-

www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-impeachme...equal-representation

Thanks for that. I clicked the link to Homeagain's politifact web site. It has some good information.

The Constitution mentions impeachment seven times. It doesn’t get more specific about the process than saying the House indicts and the Senate holds the trial.

"It grants the House ‘sole power to impeach’ and vests it with authority to ‘determine’ their own internal procedures for governance," said Michael Gerhardt, law professor at the University of North Carolina. "All that matters for legitimacy for the House proceedings is to follow the rules of the House as they currently stand and the Constitution.

It's not yet a trial, it's just an investigation to determine if the are grounds to hold a vote on impeachment.

11 Oct 2019 08:57 #715 by Pony Soldier
I understand that but am making the point that doing so while ignoring or even shutting out a whole party will not just give the appearance of a political hit, it will be a political hit.

It’s unfortunate that we’re now in a society where you can choose the “facts” that you want to believe. George Orwell would be impressed at the vast improvements on his vision.

17 Oct 2019 15:41 #716 by ScienceChic
"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."
Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 of the U.S. Constitution

This is an impeachable offense: White House says next G-7 to be held at a Trump golf resort

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said Thursday it has chosen President Donald Trump’s golf resort near Miami as the site for next year’s Group of Seven summit.

The announcement to hold the event at Trump National Doral comes at the same time the president has accused Joe Biden’s family of profiting from public office because of Hunter Biden’s business activities in Ukraine when his father was vice president.

This is also an impeachable offense: Mulvaney just stated publicly that Trump ordered a quid pro quo: Trump Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney Admits Quid Pro Quo: ‘We Do That All the Time’
By Tommy Christopher | Oct 17th, 2019

Obstruction of justice, trying to prevent 1.) Ambassador Sondland, 2.) Former WH Adviser Fiona Hill and 3.) former Ambassador to Ukraine Yovanovitch from testifying:
1. Opening Remarks by Gordon Sondland, Ambassador to the E.U.

2. Former White House adviser objected to ambassador’s ouster
By Mary Clare Jalonick and Michael Balsamo, AP News | October 14, 2019

3. Former envoy defies Trump, testifies he pushed to oust her
By Mary Clare Jalonick, Matthew Lee and Alan Fram, AP News | October 11, 2019
WASHINGTON (AP) — Testifying in defiance of President Donald Trump’s ban, former U.S.

Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch told House impeachment investigators Friday that Trump himself had pressured the State Department to oust her from her post and get her out of the country.

Yovanovitch told lawmakers investigating Trump’s dealings with Ukraine that there was a “concerted campaign” against her based on “unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives.”

Hmm, Guiliani isn't registered as a FARA agent, was working as the President's personal lawyer, not in an official government capacity, and three of his former partners have now been arrested. He should be worried.
US envoy says Giuliani was given role on Ukraine policy
By Eric Tucker and Mary Clare Jalonick, AP News | 16 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. ambassador to the European Union said Thursday that President Donald Trump instructed him and other envoys to work with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, on Ukraine policy and that he was “disappointed” by the directive and disagreed with it.

Sondland said he was concerned that the president delegated to Giuliani foreign policy responsibilities that he thought belonged to the State Department, but Sondland followed Trump’s instructions anyway.

High crimes and misdemeanors?
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”
by Heather Vogell, ProPublica | Oct. 16

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

“Certainly, if I were sitting in a prosecutor’s office, I would want to ask a lot more questions,” said Anne Milgram, a former attorney general for New Jersey who is now a professor at New York University School of Law.

Trump has previously been accused of manipulating numbers on his tax and loan documents, including by his former lawyer, Cohen. But Trump’s business is notoriously opaque, with records rarely surfacing, and up till now there’s been little documentary evidence supporting those claims.

That’s one reason that multiple governmental entities, including two congressional committees and the office of the Manhattan district attorney, have subpoenaed Donald Trump’s tax returns.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

17 Oct 2019 15:45 #717 by driver8

ScienceChic wrote: "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

This is an impeachable offense: White House says next G-7 to be held at a Trump golf resort

WASHINGTON (AP) — The White House said Thursday it has chosen President Donald Trump’s golf resort near Miami as the site for next year’s Group of Seven summit.

The announcement to hold the event at Trump National Doral comes at the same time the president has accused Joe Biden’s family of profiting from public office because of Hunter Biden’s business activities in Ukraine when his father was vice president.

This is also an impeachable offense: Mulvaney just stated publicly that Trump ordered a quid pro quo: Trump Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney Admits Quid Pro Quo: ‘We Do That All the Time’

Obstruction of justice, trying to prevent 1.) Ambassador Sondland, 2.) Former WH Adviser Fiona Hill and 3.) former Ambassador to Ukraine Yovanovitch from testifying:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Testifying in defiance of President Donald Trump’s ban, former U.S.

Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch told House impeachment investigators Friday that Trump himself had pressured the State Department to oust her from her post and get her out of the country.

Yovanovitch told lawmakers investigating Trump’s dealings with Ukraine that there was a “concerted campaign” against her based on “unfounded and false claims by people with clearly questionable motives.”

Hmm, Guiliani isn't registered as a FARA agent, was working as the President's personal lawyer, not in an official government capacity, and three of his former partners have now been arrested. He should be worried.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. ambassador to the European Union said Thursday that President Donald Trump instructed him and other envoys to work with his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, on Ukraine policy and that he was “disappointed” by the directive and disagreed with it.

Sondland said he was concerned that the president delegated to Giuliani foreign policy responsibilities that he thought belonged to the State Department, but Sondland followed Trump’s instructions anyway.

The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”

A dozen real estate professionals told ProPublica they saw no clear explanation for multiple inconsistencies in the documents. The discrepancies are “versions of fraud,” said Nancy Wallace, a professor of finance and real estate at the Haas School of Business at the University of California-Berkeley. “This kind of stuff is not OK.”

“Certainly, if I were sitting in a prosecutor’s office, I would want to ask a lot more questions,” said Anne Milgram, a former attorney general for New Jersey who is now a professor at New York University School of Law.

Trump has previously been accused of manipulating numbers on his tax and loan documents, including by his former lawyer, Cohen. But Trump’s business is notoriously opaque, with records rarely surfacing, and up till now there’s been little documentary evidence supporting those claims.

That’s one reason that multiple governmental entities, including two congressional committees and the office of the Manhattan district attorney, have subpoenaed Donald Trump’s tax returns.

We're getting close to the point that trump can shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and replubicans (former party of the rule of law) can say, "well, that's appropriate. There is nothing to see here'.

17 Oct 2019 17:05 #718 by Blazer Bob
LOL, don't your arms get tired moving the goal posts so often? I am still waiting for proof that he colluded with Putin. Wake me up when the Muller report is released.

ScienceChic wrote: "No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

17 Oct 2019 17:23 #719 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote: LOL, don't your arms get tired moving the goal posts so often? I am still waiting for proof that he colluded with Putin. Wake me up when the Muller report is released.

What goalposts have been moved? To keep your sports analogy going, Trump continues to pile up the penalties, and he's getting flagged for them. Soon, he will run out of turf and will be trying to punt from deep within his own end zone.

17 Oct 2019 17:27 #720 by Blazer Bob
Go back to page one of this thread and start there.

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds