Impeachment proceedings against Trump

27 Jan 2020 18:20 #941 by ramage
"It would seem to me in listening to the proceedings that the defense has much more solid foundation in law than the prosecution. The prosecution attempted to appeal to emotions while the defense is relying solely on law." (Sorry, I don't know how to have this previous post show up in blue)

I am of the opinion that you are right on point. The defense is relying in the law. Isn't that what a trial is supposed to do?

Again I ask, if the Senate votes for acquittal will that be accepted by the MMT community?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jan 2020 19:19 #942 by Pony Soldier
I'm just going to say it...Pam Bondi is a ROCK STAR!

27 Jan 2020 21:20 #943 by ramage
Again I ask, will the posters on MMT accepted the vote of the U.S. Senate?

28 Jan 2020 09:04 #944 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Again I ask, will the posters on MMT accepted the vote of the U.S. Senate?

I wouldn't accept it. The impeachment was political and totally partisan. And the result either way will be political and partisan.

If Trump is convicted, the Swamp won. Career politicians like Romney and Pelosi get back their DC. The outsider has been taken care of. The Beltway is safe from interlopers.

If Trump is not guilty, it will because the GOP doesn't want to tarnish their brand heading into the 2020 election.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jan 2020 11:48 #945 by ScienceChic

ramage wrote: (Sorry, I don't know how to have this previous post show up in blue)

Again I ask, if the Senate votes for acquittal will that be accepted by the MMT community?

To have a post "show up in blue," you can click "Quote" below their post to quote an entire member's previous post:

Or you can highlight, copy and paste part of their post into a new reply you are making and then highlight that portion and click the "Quote" button in the Editor Bar above:

For the sake of those reading on mobile devices (especially the smaller phones, not tablets), please do try to keep quoting to a minimum - no one wants to scroll through long, duplicated messages to get to the new replies to read.

I already said that the Senate was going to acquit. It's not a matter of "accepting it" or not, it's a done deal by corrupt, fearful Republicans in Congress, and the only thing that matters now is their constituents voting them out come November.

As far as sourcing, Breitbart is among the worst and ruins any logical, credible argument those using it try to make.
mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

Even Wikipedia bans Breitbart as a source for being non-credible.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

28 Jan 2020 12:05 #946 by ScienceChic
Pam Bondi flat out lied in her presentation yesterday and should be charged with perjury (along with Jay Sekulow), and has an extremely suspect history of financial scandals involving Trump and some of his associates.

THE TRUMP FOUNDATION-PAM BONDI SCANDAL

Florida's Former AG Joins Ballard Partners

Florida donor, lobbying firm get federal subpoenas in probe of Giuliani associates
Ballard Partners, a powerhouse firm founded in Tallahassee by Republican lobbyist and Trump confidant Brian Ballard, was subpoenaed along with a South Florida businessman and a fundraiser.
By David Smiley, Tampa Bay Times
Published Nov. 22, 2019

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

28 Jan 2020 12:30 #947 by Pony Soldier

ScienceChic wrote:

ramage wrote: (Sorry, I don't know how to have this previous post show up in blue)

To have a post "show up in blue," you can click "Quote" below their post to quote an entire member's previous post:

Or you can highlight, copy and paste part of their post into a new reply you are making and then highlight that portion and click the "Quote" button in the Editor Bar above:

For the sake of those reading on mobile devices (especially the smaller phones, not tablets), please do try to keep quoting to a minimum - no one wants to scroll through long, duplicated messages to get to the new replies to read.

I already said that the Senate was going to acquit. It's not a matter of "accepting it" or not, it's a done deal by corrupt, fearful Republicans in Congress, and the only thing that matters now is their constituents voting them out come November.

As far as sourcing, Breitbart is among the worst and ruins any logical, credible argument those using it try to make.
mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.

Even Wikipedia bans Breitbart as a source for being non-credible.

Yes, we all know that traditional biased mainstream media hates the Breitbart actually reports things that they refuse to report. Yes they are biased and don't claim to be unbiased. So what? They report more factual news than CNN or NYT by far!

28 Jan 2020 12:35 #948 by Pony Soldier
In what way did Bondi lie yesterday? Your links don't address that assertion.

28 Jan 2020 12:55 #949 by Blazer Bob

Pam Bondi flat out lied in her presentation yesterday and should be charged with perjury (along with Jay Sekulow)

What a great idea. Or as an alternative, you could categorize what they said that you disagree with as hate speech which is the same thing as violence and then defend yourself by beating them with bicycle locks or rusty chain. LOL

28 Jan 2020 13:42 #950 by ramage
What did Pam Bondi say that was not true?

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds