Impeachment proceedings against Trump

16 Jan 2020 15:07 #891 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Koobookie,
As with HA, you would benefit from reading . The citation from Colorado Peak Politics clearly states PROSECUTOR, note it is bold letters. The House managers will PROSECUTE the impeachment case. Should you ever be charged with a criminal offense, pray that your prosecutor has no experience as such, rather he is a litigator fresh from a civil practice.
Is this helpful?

He is a courtroom lawyer. How is he not qualified? If he has not prosecuted a case, I would ask "So what?" He has courtroom experience, can handle himself in the hearing, and there are other House Managers who will be assisting in the case.

Your right wing web site seems to be trying to sow dissent among liberals.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jan 2020 16:18 #892 by ramage
Right, he is a courtroom lawyer, he has not prosecuted a case. What could go wrong?

16 Jan 2020 18:59 #893 by Rick

ramage wrote: Right, he is a courtroom lawyer, he has not prosecuted a case. What could go wrong?

All prosecutors are lawyers but not all lawyers are prosecutors. A lawyer is a person who is licensed to practice law. A prosecutor is a lawyer that works for a prosecutors office, which is essentially a government law firm whose only client is the State, and the State pays the prosecutors office to uphold it's laws.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 Jan 2020 09:28 #894 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

ramage wrote: Right, he is a courtroom lawyer, he has not prosecuted a case. What could go wrong?

All prosecutors are lawyers but not all lawyers are prosecutors. A lawyer is a person who is licensed to practice law. A prosecutor is a lawyer that works for a prosecutors office, which is essentially a government law firm whose only client is the State, and the State pays the prosecutors office to uphold it's laws.

As a courtroom lawyer, I would assume he has defended a few cases. In doing so, I would also assume he has prepared a defense against possible prosecution - hence, he would have had to think like a prosecutor in order to defend against a prosecutor.

Why do you care about this? If he's green, you should be dancing that they've put a rookie on the case, which should give your hero a better chance at beating the rap.

18 Jan 2020 11:01 #895 by homeagain

OR because he has FRESH EYESIGHT.....what could go right....the "WOW' WISER OLDER WOMAN is not that green and knows exactly what she is doing. SCORPIOS do not leave things to chance...they are adroit at executing an exquisite plan...lack of foresight is NOT in their skillset.

18 Jan 2020 13:55 - 19 Jan 2020 10:12 #896 by ramage
Koobookie,
Is there anything else that you would like to assume? Once again your *** clouds your thinking. Are you, again, assuming that President Trump is my hero? Rather why don't you assume that I believe in the rule of law. I get no pleasure in watching a lawyer have the impeachment of a President as his first case, for the prosecution (I want to be clear).

18 Jan 2020 15:18 #897 by Rick

homeagain wrote: SCORPIOS do not leave things to chance...they are adroit at executing an exquisite plan...lack of foresight is NOT in their skillset.

LOL do you really believe in that crap? Do you believe you can make blanket statements about people you know nothing about, simply by knowing what month they were born in? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Jan 2020 09:01 #898 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: SCORPIOS do not leave things to chance...they are adroit at executing an exquisite plan...lack of foresight is NOT in their skillset.

LOL do you really believe in that crap? Do you believe you can make blanket statements about people you know nothing about, simply by knowing what month they were born in? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

There are THREE factors to consider in a natal chart, IF you want a quick snap shot. There
are MANY factors involved in actually reading a chart. But, for a quick look see...the moon
location in what house/sign...the sun in what house/sign and the rising sign or ascendant.

The sun is your outer self,ego,how you walk thru life,...the moon is your inner self, that not seen
by others, the asc.or rising sign is your projection, how others see you.

THE KING is a Gemini and that is why he has a mercurial, changeable, never know
what you are getting M.O......because there dual personalities....I believe I have just described the king fairly and accurately. I would have to review info for his moon and asc. but IF you
would like to review that,it is easy to find.....his chart is up on ALL professional websites that
are astrological.

The transits he is and will be experiencing are karmic in nature and WILL exact a toll on
his life.....for the VERY first time, his actions (past and present) are up for review and the
results will not be pleasant.....Pluto transits, Saturn transits,Uranus transits are life CHANGING.

Oh, by the way RICK....do you know any Scorpios? I believe you do, if my information is
correct....one is on this board.

19 Jan 2020 09:53 #899 by FredHayek
Lefty Reality Check: There is a 90% chance that the Senate will not get the 2/3 of votes they need to convict President Trump. I just want to prepare everyone here, don't get your hopes up.
This is as silly as when the GOP constantly voted down ACA in Congress while President Obama was in the White House. Simply an meaningless gesture that Pelosi and Schumer know will fail. Waste of taxpayer dollars and the legislatures time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jan 2020 12:06 #900 by chrisd3711
I can live with a 10% chance of impeachment. After all, that would mean it might actually happen. What a blast of fresh air that would be for our democracy! We would end up with Pence for a bit of time, but I could live with that as well. All we would need would be for a few Republican senators to see the value of witnesses and the introduction of new information, and Trump would be further exposed as a pompous, self-centered, autocratic liar who should be shown the door. Perhaps a block of Republicans serving as jurors would then finally see that their duty to serve the interests of justice would "trump" their tribal loyalty to the chief. Everyone knows that he did what he did and that it was totally inappropriate if not blatantly illegal. He is like a mafia godfather, and too many Republicans believe that if they cross him, they will be destroyed. Trump's actions have forced the Democrats hand, so it is ultimately all on him. Yes, he is responsible for all of this, not the Democrats. Even if his impeachment fails, at least history will document that he was not allowed to act with impunity. Yes, even the President of the United States should be held accountable for their actions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds