Impeachment proceedings against Trump

14 Jan 2020 07:07 #881 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: And Pelosi is still undecided on when she will actually send the articles of impeachment to the Senate. Or should I say to Senator Mitch, since he will decide how the trial goes down, if it even does. He could always throw out the case. That would really fire up the Left.

NOT going to happen, my understanding ....he does NOT have the votes,correct me if wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jan 2020 08:00 #882 by FredHayek
Gray area? As Senate leader, he controls when bills and therefore impeachments are scheduled. It is January, suppose he holds up the impeachment trial until November, after the vote. There is nothing saying impeachment gets to be first, look how Pelosi has dragged her feet on starting the impeachment process and actually delivering the documents to the Senate.

And how pressing will be impeachment next year if Trump loses, or the House becomes Republican again?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Jan 2020 08:36 #883 by ramage
Jason Crow (D), Aurora, CO has been chosen by Nancy Pelosi to be one of the democrat managers of the impeachment proceedings.

16 Jan 2020 08:16 - 16 Jan 2020 08:58 #884 by ramage
From coloradopeakpolitics.com 1/16/20
"First, we should point out the sibling rivalry of sorts this will create in Colorado’s Democratic delegation.
Crow is a freshman, does not sit on any of the committees conducting the trial, has no first-hand knowledge of any of the House impeachment proceedings and has zero experience as a prosecutor.
In other words, Crow is completely unqualified to be an impeachment manager.

coloradopeakpolitics.com/2020/01/15/snar...impeachment-manager/

16 Jan 2020 10:30 #885 by homeagain

ramage wrote: From coloradopeakpolitics.com 1/16/20
"First, we should point out the sibling rivalry of sorts this will create in Colorado’s Democratic delegation.
Crow is a freshman, does not sit on any of the committees conducting the trial, has no first-hand knowledge of any of the House impeachment proceedings and has zero experience as a prosecutor.
In other words, Crow is completely unqualified to be an impeachment manager.

coloradopeakpolitics.com/2020/01/15/snar...impeachment-manager/

www.cbsnews.com/news/what-to-know-about-...managers-2020-01-15/
Need to RECHECK your facts.....that is NOT what the link states

16 Jan 2020 12:19 #886 by ramage
My facts are correct. You would benefit from reading the citations that you post.

16 Jan 2020 12:59 #887 by koobookie

ramage wrote: My facts are correct. You would benefit from reading the citations that you post.

Crow, who flipped a Republican seat in 2018, was a U.S. Army Ranger who served three tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. He became a litigator in private practice after his military service, and served on the Colorado Board of Veterans Affairs from 2009 to 2014.

I thought a litigator is a courtroom lawyer.

16 Jan 2020 13:31 #888 by ramage
Koobookie,
As with HA, you would benefit from reading . The citation from Colorado Peak Politics clearly states PROSECUTOR, note it is bold letters. The House managers will PROSECUTE the impeachment case. Should you ever be charged with a criminal offense, pray that your prosecutor has no experience as such, rather he is a litigator fresh from a civil practice.
Is this helpful?

16 Jan 2020 14:21 #889 by homeagain
www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=Q9IgX.......0i10.pT4A08P-sCY

II believe you should read the WEBSTER DEFINITION.......he is QUALIFIED and THE VETS
of this country have been part of his professional profile....

16 Jan 2020 14:52 #890 by ramage
Simply, Crowe has no experience as a prosecutor.
Pray tell what does this mean:

"he is QUALIFIED and THE VETS
of this country have been part of his professional profile...."

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds