Impeachment proceedings against Trump

30 Jan 2020 19:46 #971 by Pony Soldier

In August 2019, he was moved back and is currently being held at Federal Correctional Institution, Loretto in Loretto, Pennsylvania with an expected release date of December 25, 2024

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Manafort

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Jan 2020 11:37 - 31 Jan 2020 11:37 #972 by FredHayek
Looks like the Republicans are going to vote for no more witnesses and the impeachment trial will be over soon. The nation can go back to more important stuff like combatting the Coronavirus.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

31 Jan 2020 20:39 #973 by Rick
Almost 1000 replies and 23,500 views lasting 3 years and Trump is stronger than ever

THE END

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Feb 2020 08:14 #974 by koobookie

Rick wrote: Almost 1000 replies and 23,500 views lasting 3 years and Trump is stronger than ever

THE END

Do you think this is a good thing? He is now our emperor. There is no leash on him - the Senate just crowned him king. But hey, he's a Republican, so that's okay, right?

01 Feb 2020 09:09 - 01 Feb 2020 09:10 #975 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote: Almost 1000 replies and 23,500 views lasting 3 years and Trump is stronger than ever

THE END

Do you think this is a good thing? He is now our emperor. There is no leash on him - the Senate just crowned him king. But hey, he's a Republican, so that's okay, right?

If he was actually given the power of an emperor, dictator, or king, I would obviously agree that would not be ok. But that is not the case... it's only in the minds of people like you. I'm thankful I will never be so consumed by hate for somebody that I lose all sense of reality.

From this point forward, please feel free to post any actions Trump takes that only an emperor, dictator, or king would be able to take. You won't be able to post one thing that meets that criteria but you can still believe it in your own mind if that somehow helps you get through your day.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Feb 2020 09:10 - 01 Feb 2020 09:32 #976 by homeagain

THE END

NO...Wed. is the actual finish,with the final stage wrapping in the eve. of that day...one never
knows what could transpire between now and then.

www.cnn.com/2020/02/01/politics/trump-uk...epartment/index.html

01 Feb 2020 11:53 #977 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote:

THE END

If he was actually given the power of an emperor, dictator, or king, I would obviously agree that would not be ok. But that is not the case... it's only in the minds of people like you. I'm thankful I will never be so consumed by hate for somebody that I lose all sense of reality.

From this point forward, please feel free to post any actions Trump takes that only an emperor, dictator, or king would be able to take. You won't be able to post one thing that meets that criteria but you can still believe it in your own mind if that somehow helps you get through your day.

Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) said that the charges against Trump were both proven and impeachable, but “just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a president from office.”

What. The. Actual. F**k.

Dershowitz argued that as long as a President feels they are acting in the best interest of the country in asking a foreign government to interfere in our elections, that is not a crime or an impeachable offense.
Do you not see how that gives the President - especially the current Oval Office occupant - free reign to do pretty much whatever he wants to do?

I hope I never have such an obvious case of idolization of an incompetent and corrupt politician as you do. That conservatives can forgive this President of an obviously impeachable offense if mind numbing.

01 Feb 2020 16:56 #978 by Rick

koobookie wrote: Do you not see how that gives the President - especially the current Oval Office occupant - free reign to do pretty much whatever he wants to do?

Like what, droning an American citizen and his kid without a trial? You still can't name one thing now or in the future that only a king, dictator, or emperor could do. Keep trying though, it's very amusing!

George Orwell

01 Feb 2020 21:07 #979 by koobookie

Rick wrote:

koobookie wrote: Do you not see how that gives the President - especially the current Oval Office occupant - free reign to do pretty much whatever he wants to do?

Like what, droning an American citizen and his kid without a trial? You still can't name one thing now or in the future that only a king, dictator, or emperor could do. Keep trying though, it's very amusing!

Engage a foreign power to help corrupt an election process.

02 Feb 2020 09:22 #980 by Rick

koobookie wrote:

Rick wrote:

Engage a foreign power to help corrupt an election process.

Did the Democrats prove that Trump wanted Ukraine to investigate the Bidens because he wanted to damage him so that it would help his election? To anyone with a brain and a little honesty, that has a very strong stench of corruption in a very corrupt country. You, like the rest of the Dems BELIEVE you know the motive, which in your eyes must be the worst motive. The problem is that your worthless Dems like Schiff were not able to prove that bad motive.

Here's a question for you that I doubt I'll get a straight answer to.... If it was Trump's campaign that ultimately paid for bogus dirt on Hillary by dishonest Russians and that fake BS was used by the FBI to investigate her, would you not demand Trump be impeached for that one since it's a much worse and more obvious act of wrongdoing?

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds