FYI financial findings forewarn

11 Mar 2019 11:32 #1 by homeagain
markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/...ls-2019-3-1028019360

SECOND warning from business insider......yield curve was a concern late FEB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2019 13:58 #2 by Pony Soldier
Yes, we are due for a recession. We should be poised to ride it out much better than the last one at least.

11 Mar 2019 18:51 #3 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: Yes, we are due for a recession. We should be poised to ride it out much better than the last one at least.[/quote

I believe the GLOBAL equation is something you have not considered......the landscape is
loaded with landmines......or perhaps a better visual would be dominoes dropping...jmo.

22 Mar 2019 09:36 #4 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Yes, we are due for a recession. We should be poised to ride it out much better than the last one at least.[/quote

I believe the GLOBAL equation is something you have not considered......the landscape is
loaded with landmines......or perhaps a better visual would be dominoes dropping...jmo.

www.cnbc.com/2019/03/21/a-key-recession-...ned-in-12-years.html

RECESSION STARTING Q3...….warning signs are becoming MORE frequent and failing to heed them will be a fiasco.....jmo,but research is restating expectations.

22 Mar 2019 12:51 #5 by homeagain

23 Mar 2019 14:57 #6 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

RECESSION STARTING Q3...….warning signs are becoming MORE frequent and failing to heed them will be a fiasco.....jmo,but research is restating expectations.

I recall you recently said the recession was going to start in Q2... is that like when people say the world is going to overheat in twelve years then say it again twelve years later? I'm sure we will be in a recession eventually, but I think it's much more likely when a Democrat like Sanders becomes president and decides to undo everything that is keeping this economy cruising.
BTW, everything I say is my opinion and not copied words from some "journalist", so you can assume everything I say ends in JMO.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Mar 2019 16:58 #7 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

I recall you recently said the recession was going to start in Q2... is that like when people say the world is going to overheat in twelve years then say it again twelve years later? I'm sure we will be in a recession eventually, but I think it's much more likely when a Democrat like Sanders becomes president and decides to undo everything that is keeping this economy cruising.
BTW, everything I say is my opinion and not copied words from some "journalist", so you can assume everything I say ends in JMO.

ACTUALLY my phrase was this ….Q2/Q3.... LAST part of Q2/into Q3.....THAT would place it into the JUNE/JULY timeframe...... Since you are questioning my stance, I will also put this out there......I gave March/APRIL as a timeframe for MUELLER report...the initial report
probably will hit everyones desk about 29th or AFTER......the FULL report will probably
be into APRIL/MAY......the timeframe of JUNE/.JULYis important because the information
will be FULLY viewed via subpoena …….SDNY is a key player,so that piece needs to fit into the calendar. JUNE/JULY is Q2/Q3 and IMPEACHMENT and a recession will be
occurring.....NOW, I have really roped myself in, haven't I???

24 Mar 2019 10:51 #8 by FredHayek
The normal boom-bust cycle is around 10-12 years. You see inflation start heating up, home prices, drug prices, college prices. Wages start rising. But then the economy contracts as fewer people buy expensive homes, etc. There are always variables but the Fed had started raising interest rates to cool things down but now they have reversed that and promised no new rate hikes. Europe? They are starting a new quantitative easing program, pumping money into their economies. Other than Germany and Britain, the rest of Europe is heading toward recession.

I am hoping the coming recession will be mild but you never know. Another economy that is experiencing trouble is China. They had been growing at a steady rate for years, around 8%. This year the forecast is half that. Are President Trump's tariffs hurting? Will the Chinese back down? Or double down and continue to add more American items to their tariff list?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Jun 2019 18:08 #9 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

homeagain wrote:

ACTUALLY my phrase was this ….Q2/Q3.... LAST part of Q2/into Q3.....THAT would place it into the JUNE/JULY timeframe...... Since you are questioning my stance, I will also put this out there......I gave March/APRIL as a timeframe for MUELLER report...the initial report
probably will hit everyones desk about 29th or AFTER......the FULL report will probably
be into APRIL/MAY......the timeframe of JUNE/.JULYis important because the information
will be FULLY viewed via subpoena …….SDNY is a key player,so that piece needs to fit into the calendar. JUNE/JULY is Q2/Q3 and IMPEACHMENT and a recession will be
occurring.....NOW, I have really roped myself in, haven't I???

[/b]

04 Jun 2019 10:14 #10 by Rick
When do you think we will get two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth? That is how we define a recession BTW.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds